Biggest colas seem almost dead/sick - Help!

Green678

I have come to look after my bros plants and am completely inexperienced in all areas of growing! Not only that he seems to have left me without any of the tools required to troubleshoot! Im ordering a pH meter and a ppm meter tonight, how important is quality here? Cos Im seriously skint and didnt wanna be spending more than £10!

Anyway, 4 of the colas on 3 of the plants are HUGE, cant even hold themselves up, I've had to tie them up. But they all seem sick, all the other buds look really healthy except the big buds. A lot of the sugar leaves have dried up alot and curled down. I've looked extensively for bud rot in a mad panic and I cant find any thank god, all the stems look nice and green with no signs of bud rot that I can see. On top of that, the there seems to be very little trichomes on the plants and they're also the least ripe buds, the pistils on the top of them seem very white yet if you look lower down the stem the buds look pretty much done. Ive been going mad trying to work out whats wrong.

I know my bro got excited flushed them far too early and stopped feeding them, so Ive started giving them a little tomato feed over the past couple of days, I didnt wanna give them too much as theyre close to harvest and I assume I dont want to. Ive already harvested some buds but a lot of others dont even look close to ready? HELP!

Just to clarify, Im sure this might be a stupid question, but in this big brother nation we live in, is there any risk uploading photos on a site like this?

Okay cheers, just picking some decent photos now, but for the time being I also have another question. Just looked at some of the trichomes with my microscope and theyre all cloudy/milky with the odd brown ones, yet the pistils dont look ready yet, is that normal?

Okay cheers! Well I guess I'll probably do them in a couple of days then! Okay done the photos with that oddly complicated uploading process.
20151009_163550.jpg
20151009_163544.jpg
20151009_163217.jpg
20151009_163202.jpg
20151009_163156.jpg
20151009_163145.jpg
20151009_163124.jpg
20151009_163118.jpg

They look ripe to me. Indoor right? Closer to the light?
That doesn't mean that the others are ripe too, but the top cola's look ripe to me.

~ Auggie ~

Oh really? But the Pistils are all so white? In fact on some of the colas the pistils are a really weird colour, they look almost grey. What dya reckon? Cheers for the help btw!

Relax! They look fine - some dropping from large buds is normal. I had some drop over so far that I had to tie them up.

Just make sure the water is right.

Just to clarify, Im sure this might be a stupid question, but in this big brother nation we live in, is there any risk uploading photos on a site like this?
NO SUCH THING AS A STUPID QUESTION! This site is to help people. Some have much more expertise than others...sometimes hard to "weed out" the good answers from bad

Okay cheers! Well I guess I'll probably do them in a couple of days then!

Looking at your pics I see some familiar leaves. The ones that have brown edges may be showing some sign of deficiency..HERE is a link to check out, hope it helps. I usually remove sickly leaves immediately, they aren't helping the plant anyway.
logo8.gif

Hey Mh! It looks to me like nothing to get too concerned about. In my opinion it appears like we perhaps had some heavier than needed feeding late in the flowering cycle. This looks like it was coupled with some higher than acceptable heat in the top of the canopy. In tent plants are much more susceptible to micro climate issues especially if there is inadequate ventilation. Often you will find wide swings in temps and RH in different locations in a tent. Light feeding watch the temps and RH and let her go. Best of luck in all you grow!

Back
Top Bottom