Bigirishdoode Does Hempy Bag Seed - 2 Liter CFL Fox Farm - Small Closet

Re: bigirishdoode does hempy bag seed? 2 liter cfl fox farm small closet

ok heres the second part of todays update, much has changed in 48 hours, looks like the girls for the most part are really liking the hempys and nutes (only new things this time) funny thing is 2 are much slower and smaller than the rest and the mini hydo is too, that one i understand it was the last to get roots,and was planted 3 days later, all readings are in good ranges ph is 5.9 ppm 650,so we shall see what happens, the seedlings look good, im really blown away at how much they have grown in 2 days!! at about 2-4 inches as you can see from the pics
heres what i saw when i opened the door tonight
ud4102911_15_.jpg

ud4_4_.jpg

ud4102911_18_.jpg

ud4102911_1_.jpg

the lings not doing much on the surface but looking good
ud4_6_.jpg

the 3 showing the most growth just amazing for 2 days under just cfl
ud4_5_.jpg

the uper temp is up high and lower is right below the edge of pots
ud4102911_17_.jpg

very tight spacing and forming multiple tops on their own no lst fim thus far
ud4102911_7_.jpg

i have noticed that flowering clones grow very bushy w/lots of branching
ud4102911_5_.jpg

big fatness already!!, funny this is the sativa dominate strain never grown like this before its mother plant it was cut from grew nothing like this,if anyone knows why its so different i'd love to hear it
ud4102911_2_.jpg

and another one growing the same gorgeous way
ud4102911_3_.jpg

and last but not least the lil' mini hydo cell clone growing oddly from the sides for some reason i think its going to take off soon after roots come out of the pot and hit the res
ud4102911_11_.jpg

ok thats it for tonight, im really excited about what im seeing this time for me i have never had any plants grow this fast before..good but not this good!! im already impressed with hempys and coco! ok gang im done for now let me know what you think.

I don't have much to say other than I'm subbed. The plants look great. I have been searching to figure out what a "hempy" grow is and came upon this journal.

Still havn't figured it out.... Perlite and Coco?

hey 70s hempy is a low tech hydro system where you take a container ie: bucket,2liter bottle, whatever and ponch a hole in the side of it ,in my case its just above the bottom seam on a 2 liter soda bottle i have a couple 3 litres also, to make a drain, then fill it with a medium Ie: coco,pearlite,vermiculite,hydroton, in my case i am using a coco / pearlite mixture coco is the thing i wanted to use mainly but the coco coir i got was a bit to fine and compacted a bit to much for my liking, so i added some medium pearlite i had hanging around, in hempy you create a passive wicking system(medium above the hole) and a reservoir (area below the hole) and mix up nutrient solution and hand water as needed, in my case every day or 2 and flush at the same time by allowing it to runoff as much as 40% every watering, i heard so many good things about both hempy and coco i had to give it a go, i hope that clears it up for you bro,thanks for stopping by,,thank you pilot90

^^^ That explains it. THank you very much. I am going to keep checking this grow out. All I ever learned was dirt. Its time I tried something new.

Reps to ya..

The girls are looking great. I am learning so much just by watching you. Thanks and keep up the good work

well 70s g you are most welcome to hop on board and take this journey with us, part of my purpose in doing this journal is to learn and teach/help (if im successful of course )lol and i too only know soil but i see the results our fellow growers here have and are getting with "hydro" and i found both coco and pearlite locally for cheap (another must for me) and i just had to "go for it" being you can re-use coco and pearlite 3-4 times i have read (coco is inert and does not absorb nutes etc. p-lite too) if you clean it well between grows i paid less than 20 bucks for 6 compressed bricks each one grows about 8-10 times in size (i will post before and after pics next time i xplode 1)
so for me thats a big plus in the $ department
i save on buying soil cuz i wont buy cheap stuff, and with hempy pots u can use almost any container (more savings!) all i hear is how easy they are and how x-plosive growth is with coco (i am seeing it now!!) so thus far im quite impressed with both coco & hempys!
theres one thing that was holding me back on coco ,it has a habit of sucking up calcium and maganese or magnesium to a lesser degree that can cause calcium deficiency in your plants,so you will need to correct it ,most ppl add cal/mag to the water ,i could not find any so i found "home traditions garden lime" at home depot for under 5$ and blended in 2 tbps per gallon of medium, so far the plants seem uber happy!! i am watering with iron/calcium/lime rich well water with a starting ph of 7.0 and ppm of 400
-500 i then filter it with a brita pitcher the result is a bit less iron etc, and the ppm drops to bout 300,
then i add 3 tsp fox farms grow big and 2-5 drops superthrive(subject to regular changes) per gallon and ph down with white vinegar to 5.8
i let that sit for a day and retest the ph and ppm usually is 5.8-5.9 and 700 ppm
then i water each pot till it overflows a cup or 2 (averaging every other day right now)
i will be using fox farm tiger bloom for flower, and if the worms finish in time i will give them some worm poop tea also (i have a big box full of red wigglers eating my kitchen waste next grow i want to try using only worm casting tea for nutes)
and perhaps some UN-sulfered molasses ..and thats bout it for now, looks as tho i went on a bit of a babble there:allgood::headbanger:

ok time for an update, i was checking dates and these pics i took are one month to the day since i took the clones from their late in flower mother!! im quite impressed with the speed at witch the rooted and have turned into their own plants, i will be going into flower very soon as i cant manage them much bigger! and after the stretch! well hell they are far bigger than there mother was when she was a month from seed outdoors!!
its got to be the hempy/coco responsible for this mad growth im watering full strength with fox farms grow big a few drops super thrive and ph'd to 5.8 ppm' is at 1000 400 of that is the filtered well water ,and last nights water got a tsp h202 3% to deal with the algae, oh the seedlings are getting the same water at 1/2 strength ok heres the pics of the girls and mind you this is 30 days from the day they were cut to clone, roots took 10 days, so this is 20 days growth in veg
ud5_1_.jpg
ud5_4_.jpg
ud5_6_.jpg
ud5_11_.jpg
ud5_8_.jpg
ud5_7_.jpg
ud5_16_.jpg
ud5_15_.jpg
ud5_14_.jpg
ud5_10_.jpg
ud5_13_.jpg
ud5_12_.jpg

yup im doing the flip real soon i just looked at the timeline, and even another week and i think they will be way to big for my lights, considering stretch and all! holy moose!!

Hi My Friend ! :high-five:

Looking good all around.......put those girls in flower Buddy, or you won't have any room! Not a bad way to be.:thumb:

Your proving you don't need fancy things to have a good grow. Well done, Mate! :bravo:

whats good BID!!!
Looking good, I'm pretty sure all those cords hanging like that is a fire hazard!!! remember, Safety First!!! That lil hydro bucket is a great idea there brotha!!! well I'm subbed now, can't wait to watch these babies grow up!!! Those single bladed hands look so familiar!!! I had my Blackberry Kush do that to me as well, it happens when you take a clone that is in flower and revert it back to veg!!!

:peacetwo:

Dude, i honestly had to scan through, but I see great things coming for you!!!! I will be reading more carefully soon though. Great job and im subbed in!
GT

whats good BID!!!
Looking good, I'm pretty sure all those cords hanging like that is a fire hazard!!! remember, Safety First!!! That lil hydro bucket is a great idea there brotha!!! well I'm subbed now, can't wait to watch these babies grow up!!! Those single bladed hands look so familiar!!! I had my Blackberry Kush do that to me as well, it happens when you take a clone that is in flower and revert it back to veg!!!

:peacetwo:

you are right of course, i normally have em zipped up better, i just got lazy this time,i moved it all out and back again before this run, i will deal with it soon! the 12/12 flip is going down real soon! im interested in how the lil mini hydro works out! thanks and welcome aboard:thanks::high-five:

hey buys im having a little dillema regarding the impending 12/12 flip... i have those 4 seedlings that i really want to veg longer cuz i wanna make a mother or 2 from, 2 are from fem/herm mom,and 2 are my cross breed my question is in regards to a mother should i put them in soil (i have some ffof) or put them in coco and should i do hempy or regular pots, and do you think i can keep a mom well with a few cfl's...or *gasp* just leave them in the closet and go 12/12 and keep working with flowering clones like i have been? when i take clones i have to make a 24/0 area anyway , i was kinda wanting to make seed and play with producing fem seed too!! ..i know my mad scientist is showing!! lol any and all comments PLEASE!!:adore:

Why not be a mad scientist!! You are doing a great job so far! Just scanned your grow and am glad I caught it in the beginning!! My inclination would be to put the future mother plant in the FF soil for less maintainance. I am curious as to what others would say. Great Job!!! :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom