BigIrishDoode Memorial Seed Giveaway

Herbies Seeds

420 Sponsor
Enter your best story of how Seth (Big Irish Doode) did something to help another member of the community here, and win free seeds from Seth's favorite strains to grow (Blue Dream) and favorite to smoke (Purple #1) donated by Herbies.

Ends Friday 5th September.
Winner will receive Humboldt Seeds Blue Dream Fems (3 seeds) and Dutch Passion Purple #1 seeds (10 seeds).

Big up Herbies and there seed give aways! Im the same as gardenfaerie I did not big irish doodle but it's a nice thing your doin..

GOODLUCK EVERYONE!!!! Ps Herbie do another give away were I got a chance on winning :peacetwo:

I didn't get to know him like I wanted to. I was always reading his journals from afar. It didn't matter who was popping in and out of his grows, he was always helping others. Helping us growers with our ridiculous questions, helping patients with meds, just doing everything he could. He left way too soon, but now he's teaching angels the proper way to grow.

You're some real stand up guys, Herbies. I'll be ordering some blue dream so I can grow something he'd be proud of

This is truly a difficult thing to put into words! Seth/BID, was a great soul who aided so many people so freely. Its not like you can just pluck one individual moment out of his years of shared wisdom. Hell he aided me so frequently its impossible to pick a single example.
Well done to Herbies for stepping up to mark the big guys contributions and his memory, I applaud your efforts. Yet ill let others step in with they're stories, as with my thoughts, I'll always remember the all encompassing, larger than life, force of nature kind of guy that he was. After all these are the very character traits that led him to be such a mountain of support for so many of us here at 420! Simply put if he wasn't telling you to rock on, he was helping or aiding you in some way!

Your never far from my thoughts BID:love:

This is truly a difficult thing to put into words! Seth/BID, was a great soul who aided so many people so freely. Its not like you can just pluck one individual moment out of his years of shared wisdom. Hell he aided me so frequently its impossible to pick a single example.
Well done to Herbies for stepping up to mark the big guys contributions and his memory, I applaud your efforts. Yet ill let others step in with they're stories, as with my thoughts, I'll always remember the all encompassing, larger than life, force of nature kind of guy that he was. After all these are the very character traits that led him to be such a mountain of support for so many of us here at 420! Simply put if he wasn't telling you to rock on, he was helping or aiding you in some way!

Your never far from my thoughts BID:love:

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! My vote.

What can I say; BID achieved High Brix with coco - something the master of High Brix on this site wouldn't ever attempt, he left us trailer trash, and he was great with aliases. My alias was budboob, and I learned that having a mutant isn't so bad, that High Brix is as easy or as hard as you want to make it, and that we can all have a lot of laughs growing our favorite green treats thanks to Seth - the master of dyslexic growing. :peace: out big man and my lady thanks you too because I didn't get rid of the mutant so now she has more to herself cux she really digs the SSH.

That's pretty cool of herbies!!! I wont share my Seth stories but I will share that he was the model of what 420mag looks for in its members. He was friendly, nice and always willing to help anyone out. He gave what he could and shared what he had. He was a fantastic doode, whom will be missed greatly.

Thanks herbies for hooking someone up, The Doode would be honored I am sure.

Wow Herbie's you guys are excellent. I didn't have a chance to know the big doode, I have read through his posts and I can say he was a character for sure, and a green thumb all the way. I don't want to win anything from this, these beans being donated need to go to one of his close friends. I will try to order some blue dream beans as I'd love to take part in the BID grow! Happy growing to all

i was not among his close friends but i did come to respect him for his ways
he was a good grower and a better person
all i know is he changed the way i do things
his logs will help many more i am sure
my heart goes out to his friends and family
take care all

I'm reluctant to put my story into written form, only because I don't think words can express the thoughts adequately. Having said that, maybe this will help some of those that didn't know him understand him a little better. Seth and I had gotten to know each other outside of this great site also. We goofed off on PS3 (Sirdeth did his best to make my weak-sauce COD skills better...didn't work, but he tried...lol).

I smoked cannabis in the 70's and 80's like it was my job (some would have said back then it WAS my job), and I learned how to grow outside guerrilla-style. Fast-forward 35 years and now I have a son and a grandson both with epilepsy. Neither are in mortal danger from the seizures alone, but when my daughter called me crying about her son's seizures and asking me in tears "what can I do", guess who I turned to? Yep, Seth. He said without skipping a beat, "WE" will fix that. I was blown away. That was the most emphatic and positive thing anyone had said to me about it to that point. Not doctors, nor family. My family is conservative and I still keep my cannabis use on the DL for them if for no other reason, but when I told them (my family) it may take a year, but we would find a way to fix it through cannabis, even my family embraced it. It's funny how some things don't matter until it's YOU it affects.

I know others here knew him better and longer, but even knowing him for only a year or so, it felt like we were pretty good friends.

For a disabled guy on a fixed income, he sure did have a big giving heart. I only wish I could have gotten to know him even better. That's all.

Gov

I have just read a lot of his journals and he always took the time and answered questions without any hint of impatience, even when the same noob questions were posted over and over again. Patience is a virtue, and growing Blue Dream properly is an act in patience and this is a fitting tribute by Herbie's!

I'm amazed by this happening.
I must congratulate Herbies for such graceful action.
I'm a starting grower and I have been wandering this website for 2 months in order to get ready. If there was something I couldn't get information about, I would immediately start searching BID's threads and posts. For that, and for helping countless others along their journey, we must all feel that he's still around, and that our "ladies" are being watched over.

Knowledge never takes place nor time, and for that BID has become immortal.

Props to you Herbies!! This is a wonderful thing you are doing to honor a 420 member that will be greatly missed by so many. Your kindness will not go unrewarded.

Well that's mighty nice of you, Herbie's! Unfortunately, I cannot enter because I did not know BID long enough or well enough to write about, but I am grateful for your donation and memorial for him.

Thank you.

I'm in the same boat as you, so I can't enter. But wow... Major props to Herbies for doing this for BID.

+REPS to Herbies!

I remember him saying that he used lime in his coco to help with PH. I was like WTF? Come to find out he was ahead of most growing with coco. I ended up adding 6-5-3 + azomite with EWC. My grow went from salty ferts to organic, put up my PPM & PH pens. Now I'm growing in Hi-Brix but just bought more coco to amend for later grows outside. He was ready to give help when ever needed. He helped me catch a mag. def on one of my grows. RIP BID!! You will be missed my brother.

Herbies

I think it is a great thing you are doing. :love: This is really an awesome tribute to the big Doode. One thing BID would wish for is the spread of great genetics he would be thrilled. There is going to be a tribute grow for BID. Instead of a story I wish that everyone who entered this thread with the exception of myself received 1 bean. That way 13 folks from around the world could join the tribute grow all at the same time...

Regardless if someone asks me where they should get beans... Thank You Herbies!

Rock On
:allgood:
Big Irish Doode

Back
Top Bottom