Biglo's White Rhino Deep Water Culture PC Case Scrog Grow

BigLo

Well this is my first grow so hopefully everything turns out fine. I've built a PC Grow case with a Deep Water Culture setup similar to a SH system. Here are some of the specs and info about my grow.

PC Size - H26" L21" W8"
Bucket Size - 6.5 quarts
Hydro Eguip - (2) 6" airstones
(1) 1 silent airpump
(1) mini jet waterpump
Medium - Hydraton, rockwool
Lights - (1-4) CFL 26 watts 6500k for Veg
(1-4) CFL 26 watts 2700k for Flowering
Strain - (1) Nirvana White Rhino
ScroG Screen - DIY chicken wire

Here are some pics of my setup.

3-15-10_270.jpg

3-15-10_271.jpg

3-15-10_259.jpg

3-15-10_268.jpg

I have more pics that I will post on the next update.

Ok so its day 3 in my grow and I've noticed that my pH has been going up every 24 hours. It was 6.5 the previous day and today it was 7.1. I pulled about a 1 cup from the tank and pH downed it to 5.53 and added it to the tank. It brought the pH down to 6.4 which is within the range I want it in. I try to keep the pH between 5.9 and 6.8 and avoid any drastic changes too quickly. Thanks to Roseman and is great tutorial. Here are more pics from today.

Three days in
Grow_00115.JPG

The light is about 1 and a half inchs from my girl
Grow_00214.JPG

My water temp
Grow_00414.JPG

Would like to see my humidity around 60%. I'm working on bringing it up as you can see from the rang in the pic.
Grow_00316.JPG

Let me know if you guys spot anything you see that might need some attention.:popcorn:

Update. So its been about a week and everything seems to be coming along fine. My pH does rise up 7.0 so i try to keep it stable by adding 5.5 to my tank and checking the pH twice a day. My pH is ranging between 6.0 to 7.0 over a 24 to 48 hr period. My baby is showing good growth and im waiting on the third node to appear before i begin a small dose feeding with SH nutes. I'll have more pics up later today.:yummy:

So here are some updated pics of my baby. Currently the pH is at 5.9 and the humidity is 40%. It's a bit low so i have been placing a damp rag by my baby to help raise the humidity to 60%. So far I think everything is looking good. Still waiting on the second nodes to show before I start nutes. I'll probably flush the tank and start off new when it comes time for the nutes.

3-20_023.JPG

A little dual spectrum lighting going on with a damp rag to bring up the humidity.
3-20_022.JPG

3-20_021.JPG

Hey man nice little set up, this is going to be a cool grow im in! :goodjob::goodluck::peacetwo:

Thanks mule. I'll have some updates today. This is my first grow ever and thanks to Roseman and his great tutorial I thinks its coming along very well.

So just a quick update. Its day 7 and I'm amazed at how fast things are coming with my grow. The second set of nodes are coming in and my pH is staying balanced. Im still having a problem with the humidity. I'll post more pics very later today. :grinjoint:

Just a quick update. I have added some frozen water in a water tight ziplock baggie to and put it in the res to help lower the water temp. It was high, 78 degrees. I want to drop it below 70 per Roseman. I have also added a cool pack around my airpump which is remotely placed in a cool dark place. I also added another wet rag and glass of water just below my intake fan to help bring up the humidity since its only at 40%. pH is still ok at 6.2 so I shouldn't have to adjust at this time.

Thanks guys for watching my grow journal. So its day 8 and the second set of nodes are coming in. At the moment my pH is at 5.9 and my humidity is at 50%. I'll update in 30 minutes about the ziplock ice bag in the tank. The tank was 78 degrees which is way to warm but despite that my baby is doing very well. I looking to start nutes on day 10. Here a pic.

She's looking good so far.:yahoo:
Grow_00116.JPG

Quick update... The ice in a zip lock bag seem to be working for now. The res temp has dropped to 70 degrees but i would like to see it lower. I might have to use two small bags to lower it further. I know this is more of a temp fix so I'm working on a perm solution to the res temp.

So I have decided to start nutes tomorrow on day 9. I think i'm going to flush my res before I start. I'll take into account what the pH and ppm are at the time and adjust the spring water not too far off from the previous pH reading. Since my res holds 9 cups to the top of my fill line i'll add 1 cup of adjust spring water at a time till I reach 8 cups. The 9th cup I'll adjust, add my micro nutes, mix, check the pH, adjust again if needed, add my veg nutes, check the pH, mix, adjust one more time, then add it to the tank. I'll be starting off with a very small dose, about 1/2 a teaspoon of micro, and grow nutes, and check the ppm daily to see if my baby is eating.:bong:

So I have decided to start nutes tomorrow on day 9. I think i'm going to flush my res before I start. I'll take into account what the pH and ppm are at the time and adjust the spring water not too far off from the previous pH reading. Since my res holds 9 cups to the top of my fill line i'll add 1 cup of adjust spring water at a time till I reach 8 cups. The 9th cup I'll adjust, add my micro nutes, mix, check the pH, adjust again if needed, add my veg nutes, check the pH, mix, adjust one more time, then add it to the tank. I'll be starting off with a very small dose, about 1/2 a teaspoon of micro, and grow nutes, and check the ppm daily to see if my baby is eating.:bong:

Sounds like a plan to me. :peace:

Day 9 and I have flushed the tank and add nutes. Currently my res is reading 700 ppm which is quite high, but i'll check it again tomorrow and if need be i'll try and dilute the mix with pH balanced water. My res temp is 65 degrees and my case temp is at 75 with 50% humidity. I also removed my 2700k light to help keep temps down in the case. I would prefer dual spectrum lights but my 6500k light will have to do.

Grow_00117.JPG

Grow_00215.JPG

I'm looking to build a cab for my next grow. I think it would make life much easier and allow more room for a bigger and better grow.

Big Lo,

This is awesome. I'm just about a week behind you. I'm germing my seeds in rockwool at the moment (on day 2), but I have a PC tower and intend to do a SCRoG grow in the case. My setup is listed here,

PC Case Micro SCRoG Grow

I'm going to post pics as soon as I have sprouts. I wish you a lot of luck here and will be super awesome to see how things turn out. I'm watching. :yummy:

Thanks Playloud. Yeah this is my first ever grow also, and I have to tell you its a learning experience. I'll be watching how things turn out with ur grow homie.:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom