Biglo's White Rhino Deep Water Culture PC Case Scrog Grow

Looking great BigLo...

I'm going to start lightly misting my babies down with pH balanced water and see how they do unless someone here advises me otherwise.

I have seen some folks take tonic water and spray on the plants, don't know if that would be advisable though with a micro grow.

Glad to see she responded well and is looking happy. :goodjob:

Noob comment here, but I would try to get the pH lower and let it ride up through the range. Take it down to 5.5 and let it run up over 6.2, then bring it back. If mine stays under 6.2 I do not mess with it, which has been the case with the H&G nutes lately.

Just my limited noob advice, but looking at your plants, I'd ignore me anyway!!

Well it was 6.8 if I bring it down to fast it might shock the plant so 6.3 would be a good stopping point and hopefully in 12 hours it hasn't risen too high maybe 6.5 and i'll drop it down to 6.1 and continue that trend till I reach 5.5. I agree with you speyedr it is high but I dont want to do more harm then good. :grinjoint:

Well it was 6.8 if I bring it down to fast it might shock the plant so 6.3 would be a good stopping point and hopefully in 12 hours it hasn't risen too high maybe 6.5 and i'll drop it down to 6.1 and continue that trend till I reach 5.5. I agree with you speyedr it is high but I dont want to do more harm then good. :grinjoint:

That there's some good thinking!! I figured after you took the brain outta that PC you tossed it but I guess you installed it elsewhere!

In your size res though I think that pH would stabilize in a few hours. I would not be concerned about shock if you stepped it down a bit every 4hrs., 8 tops, but I hear your concerns and you gotta do what makes you cozy.

I definitely know the feeling of the girls recovering and not wanting to hurt them anymore.
:goodluck: and +rep for using your noggin!

That there's some good thinking!! I figured after you took the brain outta that PC you tossed it but I guess you installed it elsewhere!

In your size res though I think that pH would stabilize in a few hours. I would not be concerned about shock if you stepped it down a bit every 4hrs., 8 tops, but I hear your concerns and you gotta do what makes you cozy.

I definitely know the feeling of the girls recovering and not wanting to hurt them anymore.
:goodluck: and +rep for using your noggin!

Thanks speyedr... I dropped down to 5.9 with my fingers crossed but it was by accident lol. It was at 6.5.... Good guessing right lol.

So nothing new to report... I did notice a little nute burn going on so i've been watching the ppm closely along with the pH.

I'm starting to learn really fast that a plant grows best when you leave it alone. I've had some pretty bad nute burn in my lower leaves and now realize that unlike a regular Deep Water Culture grow, ie 5 gallon+ res, when you have only 1/2 gallon and bad things can happen super fast. Usually when you feed it would be once every 2 or 3 days with a 5 gallon+ res. It just dawned on me that I only have one plant and 1/2 a gallon so my feeding schedule should be around 1 time a week to 2 weeks and flush every 2 weeks. Since i've applied this new method my baby has begin to recover and new growth has occurred with healthier looking leaves. I still check the pH but only once a day. I try to keep it between 5.9 and 6.8. I'm sure i'll hear about it but its working and im not going to stress about it. I'm a first timer and this is a time for learning.

Here is some pics to of the nute burn and new growth...

Grow_00415.JPG

Grow_0058.JPG

I left the plant sit for 3 days.... did not check the pH didnt worry about the nutes.... before i let it sit the pH was at 5.65 and the ppm was 1263 with fresh nutes. I just checked the pH and it was 7.01 so i adjusted it down to 6.3 and the ppm was 1390 probably due to the plant drinking water so i added a cup of pH 5.5 water and thats it. I'll check it once tomorrow and leave it alone.

Well i got a little overzealous and the pH was high longer than it should have been so now im recovering from root rot, but I do see some recovery. I'll post some new pics later.:reading420magazine:

Well the recovery was short lived and I was unable to recover my baby from root rot...:rip:

I have taken into account the mistakes that I made and i'm determined not make them again...

look for my second attempt starting tomorrow or saturday....:cheer:

Sorry to hear that Bro. I'll keep an eye out for your next thread. I think you can make this work as long as you have the time to pay close attention. It seems the small res size makes it necessary to react to issues very quickly.
I am wondering (out loud of course) if you could place a second, larger res in a case next to this one thereby increasing overall res size? Just a thought but it would give you more of a buffer in case of problems AND it would look like you have a cool-ass server farm going!

Back
Top Bottom