BigMauka's First Closet Grow

BigMauka

Aloha! This is my first grow and I'm extremely excited! I honestly didn't have the space for a tent so I cleared a closet and modified it accordingly. I'm giving it a shot.

-----The Setup-----

Space: small closet

Light: viparspectra 600w and a 36w red led for some help with the red spectrum.

Medium: foxfarm OF 2 part, perilite 1 part

Nutes: foxfarm big bloom and I'm adding some cal mag to the roster shortly

Additional gear: 4 in inline fan vivosun, carbon filter, small fan, tarp, thermpro for temp and rh.

The strain: Ayahuasca purple (Barney's farm)

420-magazine-mobile1772123233.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2087489359.jpg
420-magazine-mobile916844148.jpg
420-magazine-mobile503725637.jpg

They are 4 days old since emerging from soil and I have been watering at 6.5 ph. I'm kinda kicking myself for not getting a ppm meter for run off but I guess it's just another thing I'll have to pick up soon. I've just been boiling my water and letting it cool off then ph it to 6.5. Im pretty sure that's going to get old quick so I'm also thinking about getting an R/o filter. I love dreaming about my grow and adding stuff but hot damn it gets pricey fast:)

Hey bro. Just a suggestion. I try keeping my thermostat as close to the plants where it counts. I put it half and half over the pots. And if you can try get the humidity up. Over 60 would be better.

Last thing. Let the air of your fan hit the plants abit more. Let the plants move a little. It causes slight tears in the stems which make them stronger.
Looking good otherwise bro

Hey bro. Just a suggestion. I try keeping my thermostat as close to the plants where it counts. I put it half and half over the pots. And if you can try get the humidity up. Over 60 would be better.

Last thing. Let the air of your fan hit the plants abit more. Let the plants move a little. It causes slight tears in the stems which make them stronger.
Looking good otherwise bro

Welcome flubbed! Thanks for the input because I'm going to need all of it I can get! I'm going to move the therm tonight and spray a little water on my tray before lights out. It's super awesome to get some feedback!
Thanks bro:)

All good bro. I see you had a dehumidifier in the box. You not using it yet right?

You could buy a cheap 6L humidifier which I think is 1.5 gallon. That will last like 6 to 8 hours I think. Possibly more. It helps alot in a small environment.

Anytime bro

Good luck with the grow mate!

Careful with the air movement, it's real easy to overdo it and stress the leaves - they can overwork and lose too much moisture and curl up if they get much more than slight movement

Thanks dog! Yeah I've been trying to be careful with it just because they are so little. My precious baby girls;) but I moved the fan a little bit and and turned it on low so they are getting the most gentle breeze possible.

All good bro. I see you had a dehumidifier in the box. You not using it yet right?

You could buy a cheap 6L humidifier which I think is 1.5 gallon. That will last like 6 to 8 hours I think. Possibly more. It helps alot in a small environment.

Anytime bro

Yeah I have one and it's pretty small so I might end up needing a bigger one. But my humidity is pretty low (40%ish) during the day and rises at night so I haven't been running it yet. It's in the corner I just didn't get a solid pic of it. Do you think I should be running it? Maybe at night?

What does your humidity get up to at night. To be honest I'd put a humidifier in for the day and have nothing at night in this case. So just fill it every morning morning. Don't use the dehumidifier at all unless it's about 85 I'd say

I'd even say don't direct any air at the girls

Me i extract from the top of the tent, intake at the bottom - and I've got an eight inch fan on the floor blowing air at the side of the tent so it circulates around low down

There's a slight movement up top but hardly anything

As long as there's plenty air movement in and out and some around the tent or closet that is fine

Also i do use a humidifier in the veg stage to keep RH up around 50% - cost around 40 bucks and the plants love a higher humidity when they are young

I'd prefer it slightly higher but with all the carbon fliter inline extraction going on 50% is as good as i get and that is fine

Have a look in my journal dude to see my set up :)

I'd even say don't direct any air at the girls

Me i extract from the top of the tent, intake at the bottom - and I've got an eight inch fan on the floor blowing air at the side of the tent so it circulates around low down

There's a slight movement up top but hardly anything

As long as there's plenty air movement in and out and some around the tent or closet that is fine

Also i do use a humidifier in the veg stage to keep RH up around 50% - cost around 40 bucks and the plants love a higher humidity when they are young

I'd prefer it slightly higher but with all the carbon fliter inline extraction going on 50% is as good as i get and that is fine

Have a look in my journal dude to see my set up :)

Actually, I already did take a peek;) It looks awesome bro your setup is beautiful! I honestly seen that you said that in one of your posts and it actually made me move my fan back off of the ladies because I already have some decent airflow in the room. . The intake is at the bottom and my scrubber at the top and it's moving a decent bit of air around. With all that and the fan I felt ok about it. I thought I could get away with spraying my tray but I'm Probably going to grab a humidifier after work today it just seems worth it:)

Alrighty! Finally got home and got comfy enough after a long day to do a post. Before I could relax though I came in to check the girls and give them a water. When I opened the closet I noticed a fungus gnat flying around and freaked out! Did a little research and set some soap and vinegar traps. I haven't watered in like three days almost and I'm going to push it 1 more day to kill any gnat maggots left in the soil. The soil really hasn't been very wet so I'm wondering if somehow the gnat just made its way in there or what? Who knows? Also threw about two inches of sand over the soil for extra protection. I may be over reacting but screw it, better safe than sorry.
420-magazine-mobile1745653021.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1339509457.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2128174934.jpg

Back
Top Bottom