Bilbo got herms!

Bilbobudkin420

Well..... its official.... I have hermies :( and a pretty fricking bad spidermite infestation on my outdoor girls. Any1 I have given advice please disregard as I am a failure to my 420 family and my real family. I shall now peform Seppuku and restore honour to my clan. Goodbye cruel world
20180717_192157.jpg

Your not a failure. That can happen to anyone. You'll be alr, pick yourself up and try again.✌️
Loool Im half joking half venting and feeling sorry for myself. Should I chop em all now before seeds fully develop. I break open a calyx and there they were little itty bitty beans. Checked the nodes and there a few sets of big old furry nuts under there :(

It's really up to you but if it's gonna be loaded with seeds it might be best to go ahead and chop but if she's not gonna have a lot of seeds it may pay off to just let her finish. At least it would be more potent.✌️
Im seeing a few ambers on 2 of the plants so they should be good. Ill leave the gypsy haze for a bit longer though

What’s been eating the leaves - caterpillars? You said you have mites as well? If they’re outdoor plants that shouldn’t be much of a problem. It’s indoors where they really thrive.

Well..... its official.... I have hermies :( and a pretty fricking bad spidermite infestation on my outdoor girls. Any1 I have given advice please disregard as I am a failure to my 420 family and my real family. I shall now peform Seppuku and restore honour to my clan. Goodbye cruel world
20180717_192157.jpg
Which one hermied? Do you have an idea of what could have happened? Light leak? Heat?

Which one hermied? Do you have an idea of what could have happened? Light leak? Heat?
ALL OF THEM Either my fault with the over feeding or heat. Its been ridonculous. 30C outdoors so you can imagine what its like in my tent.
Im more thinking the overfeed though.

What’s been eating the leaves - caterpillars? You said you have mites as well? If they’re outdoor plants that shouldn’t be much of a problem. It’s indoors where they really thrive.
Well im not sure what they are but those holes started off as those little light dots and I looked at the back and there were tiny black things on them exactly where the spots on the face side are.

ALL OF THEM Either my fault with the over feeding or heat. Its been ridonculous. 30C outdoors so you can imagine what its like in my tent.
Im more thinking the overfeed though.
Tough one man. I read stories like yours and I always worry that my first grow fails. As bad as it is, others like myself may have learned a little bit by visiting this post. Thanks for sharing both your wins and losses mate.

That’s not spider mites that made the holes- and I see no signs of them in the pics.
A bud is made up of many calyxes as you know. Each calyx that is pollinated will switch course and make one seed. The remaining unpollinated calyxes should be unaffected. Seeds don’t really reduce potency they just take up room. So you won’t gain anything at all by harvesting now. What’s done is done re the pollination. Let the buds ripen. As I’ve said before - some of the best I’ve ever smoked was heavily seeded.
And I think you can let nature/deity of your choice take credit for the hermies and pests.

That’s not spider mites that made the holes- and I see no signs of them in the pics.
A bud is made up of many calyxes as you know. Each calyx that is pollinated will switch course and make one seed. The remaining unpollinated calyxes should be unaffected. Seeds don’t really reduce potency they just take up room. So you won’t gain anything at all by harvesting now. What’s done is done re the pollination. Let the buds ripen. As I’ve said before - some of the best I’ve ever smoked was heavily seeded.
And I think you can let nature/deity of your choice take credit for the hermies and pests.

Now you talk about it, I remember one of my green crack which had made seeds. I don't know to which extend yours are making them @Bilbobudkin420 , but mine may have been the best smoke as well! It was because heat

Hmmmm. A bit late for the lemon skunk as she got chopped yesterday. There were a couple ambers in there anyway but I only took the top half off and left the rest to ripen just too see how the seeds develop. Ill leave the other 2 a touch longer if they are not quite ready. Gypsy haze wont be ready yet I dont think

What do you think it is thats getting to em then?

Looks like grasshoppers are the culprit eating the leaves. If you harvest now and the seeds are not mature then you don't even have seeds to grow. If those seeds were from just a few little balls at the leaf or branch junctions. Then they may be okay in the end. You still have 1/2 stable genetics. They could be viable plants if the seeds mature. If male flowers are in the buds themselves I wouldn't bother that's way to much hermie to deal with. .

Looks like grasshoppers are the culprit eating the leaves. If you harvest now and the seeds are not mature then you don't even have seeds to grow. If those seeds were from just a few little balls at the leaf or branch junctions. Then they may be okay in the end. You still have 1/2 stable genetics. They could be viable plants if the seeds mature. If male flowers are in the buds themselves I wouldn't bother that's way to much hermie to deal with. .
You mean like nanas? I havent seen any yet

What do you think it is thats getting to em then?

I really can’t say what it is. I don’t know where you live or what pests you have. No grasshoppers where I live and very few caterpillars either, though we do have giant slugs.
I really think the pests are a minor issue. They’ll be easily gotten rid of once you figure out what it is.

Back
Top Bottom