Bill C-45: Canada's Legalization, The Drama Revs Up

Markham banned smoking pot anywhere except for private residences this morning. Sure glad we moved away from there last year!

I suspect this is a lot like the runup to the year 2000 with all the widespread fears of planes falling out of the sky etc...

Welcome to Prohibition 2.0!

This is from CBC news, looks like they are asking you to call 911 in NS if you see anyone smoking weed in a parked car that isn't even turned on and running:

Where can you smoke?

It is off-limits to smoke cannabis in the car, for starters.
"We're asking people if they see people using cannabis in a vehicle whether the vehicle is mobile or parked, we ask that you call 911," said Hutchinson.
"Our priority is to make sure people do not operate vehicles while impaired by drugs or alcohol."
There are currently 61 RCMP and municipal police officers specially trained to spot drug impaired drivers. That's the most per capita of any province in Canada.
And lighting up where you're not supposed to isn't just a problem if you're in a vehicle — in Halifax you are restricted to smoking only in designated spots outside, since smoking of all kinds is now banned from sidewalks and other public property.

Uhm, at least in the black market I can SEE what I'm buying... This is ridiculous, you'll need to wait for someone else to buy this so that you can see/smell it... I don't case WHO it's from, if I can't at least SEE it, I ain't buying it...

edit: forgot the image... Note the line I highlighted in yellow..

Capture.JPG

The Nova Scotia Liquor Commission has locked its website to potential customers. You can't even see what they have. To get a key to the website you have to go visit a NSLC store for an access code.

Now that it's legal, here's my analogy describing what has happened in our province:

1. The Canadian people, tired of the stifling atmosphere elect a new government to throw open the doors and windows of their prisons.
2. The new government enacts laws to open a window, rather than throwing open the doors and windows.
3. The wardens at each prison (provinces) use their discretionary powers to bar the windows. Some space the bars closer together than others.
4. The guards at the prison (municipalities) decide the bars are not enough, and install a sheet of steel over the window with a single peephole.
5. The shift supervisors at the prison (NSLC on-line sales website) decide to install a locked slide over the inside of the peep hole.
6. The prisoners need to attend a parole hearing (at our local NSLC) to acquire a key for the peephole.

So, in my province nothing has really changed until you go to a liquor store for your keys. Until then we are stuck with the stifling atmosphere.

Uhm, at least in the black market I can SEE what I'm buying... This is ridiculous, you'll need to wait for someone else to buy this so that you can see/smell it... I don't case WHO it's from, if I can't at least SEE it, I ain't buying it...

edit: forgot the image... Note the line I highlighted in yellow..

Capture.JPG

Had a good snoop around the OCS site today. Prices are not bad - a little higher than some LPs.

Using any MOM store restricts viewing the product. Even with bud pictures its uncertain what is in the jar.

The bigger concern for me is what contaminants might be on the buds. I think that debate will go on forever - which source is safer.

Happy Canada legalization day everyone regardless of dumb rules or laws and issues that will be twerked out over time I’m sure

So who owns that Edison brand, is that Organigram?
I wouldn't buy anything form them after they poisoned people with banned pesticides and then tried to cover it up.

So who owns that Edison brand, is that Organigram?
I wouldn't buy anything form them after they poisoned people with banned pesticides and then tried to cover it up.
I seen them today on the website. Guess they won't get anything from me.

I found it funny last night all the media were at tweed and the CEO sold the first gram. Then today they call about how the government didnt put the contract out to public tended but just gave canopy the contract.... a might nice one too.

I received a letter from Health Canada today. The ACMPR is dead and gone. It has been replaced by the Cannabis Regulations.
1. All current licences remain valid until they expire on the date stated on the license;
2. The Cannabis Regulations have a new application form;
3. Applications may be submitted using the old ACMPR forms until Jan 17, 2019; and
4. Nothing seems to have changed for us under the new Cannabis Regulations.

You can find the complete Cannabis Regulations here. It is a very long document. The part affecting us starts with paragraph 254, as PART 14 - Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes.

I'm starting a new thread for this.

I cannot seem to find any information on whether or not it is legal to transport or possess a live plant outside of your home.
Is it legal to gift someone with a plant and have them drive it home in their car?
Is it only legal if you hide it form view from everyone? lol.

I cannot seem to find any information on whether or not it is legal to transport or possess a live plant outside of your home.
Is it legal to gift someone with a plant and have them drive it home in their car?
Is it only legal if you hide it form view from everyone? lol.

curious as well.

in the proposal phase it was suggested you could transport up to 4 plants not in flower, so long as they were less than 100 cm tall. pretty sure it has to come from an LP. anything else is distribution. dunno if that made it into law.

if you're a medical holder i wouldn't risk the license by giving plants away. would probably bring into question if you are growing to distribute. distribution does not need an exchange for money to make it illegal.

Back
Top Bottom