Bill C-46 Canadian Legislation: Penalties and Punishments

I still find it funny and sad that in their Preamble, they continuously compare the effects of marijuana use to alcohol. Steps in the right direction, or is it easier to just clump it all together?!

I still find it funny and sad that in their Preamble, they continuously compare the effects of marijuana use to alcohol. Steps in the right direction, or is it easier to just clump it all together?!

Do you think one can be too stoned to drive? The problem there is there isn't a consistent test/magic number due to less research and also the way the body gets rid of the drug. Add in the fact that everyone is different and there are some folks that one drink and they really shouldn't be driving, whether it is because even sober their driving skills are questionable could factor in though maybe ;) . In Oregon they tried to get it legal multiple times over the last 3 decades, what got the Ballot Measure over the 50% public vote level IMHO was when they wrote it such that there was a Sin Tax that went to Schools/Drug Education and/or Rehab/Police along with regulating it like Alcohol and have an age minimum and other restrictions/penalty changes (stiffer fines for selling illegally or possessing over their "numbers" to curb illegal activity). As you had to get the folks on the fence that were fine with folks doing it in their own home and not driving around "high" same as alcohol, and I suppose probably to appease those against it or leaning more that way. People and their flipping cellphones while driving are more dangerous IMHO, but they made that "illegal" here too but not something they can totally enforce (nor do they always enforce it as a priority kind of thing I imagine) unless there is an accident involved.

Personally I'd rather have it legal with regulations I may not totally agree with, than potentially getting in trouble with the law for using it in my own home or having a small amount in my possession out in public. As a step in the right direction at least, and other "legal" activities cause the same (or more) problems potentially than Cannabis like Alcohol and Gambling in example, as one can be "addicted" to anything (sex, food, dangerous thrill activities, etc...) and have it adversely affect ones life or other peoples lives potentially.

IMO then. Barbiturates and Opioids should have driving bans on them.....but they dont. They're treating cannabis like alcohol and we all know it doesn't affect a person the same way. In fact , I wouldn't hesitate to say the my reaction times are faster when I've been smoking..... As crazy as that sounds. I think fear of the unknown is what causes problems in the first place. That's one of the reasons that cannabis is still considered to be a schedule 1 drug in the United States..... Cuz they just don't know any better, or they're afraid to admit it helps sooo many ailments ( with little to no side effects) and risk losing Big Pharma tax $.

I agree there is a lot of variables and does vary from person to person, but would imagine if one hit "couch lock" state ones reaction times would have to be somewhat slower, pills do say "don't drive or operate machinery" but probably more of a keep them out of legal issues, and do fall under driving under the influence (at least here anyway) though personally haven't heard of anyone being ticketed for it. Still though for me I would rather it be "over regulated" than flat out illegal, as in my mind it is still "progress in the right direction" but that just IMHO. As I've seen plenty of examples of folks that shouldn't be driving on the roads when they sober let alone under the influence of anything.

A "test" they did in Washington State from a news station, shows their "limits/standards" are way off as folks driving didn't go south until way beyond that level and varied by how much their normal usage was from low to high usage:

I found it interesting as saw it awhile back, just took me awhile to find it again lol

Back
Top Bottom