Bill Maher Asks Woody Harrelson To Return His Bong

Ronnie

Four days after Anna Nicole Smith's death, Bill Maher apopeared on Tavis and told host Tavis Smiley that he believed Smith died of "pretty heavy drugs. And those, of course, are prescription drugs. So if you want to find an issue in this, that to me would be the issue. Prescription drugs are the real killer in this country. When you hear a lobby called Partnership for a Drug-Free America, just remember - they do not want a drug-free America. They want an America free of the drugs that are their competition: Marijuana, which never killed anybody. So I guess the lesson is: Kids, stick with marijuana!"

It was revealed that Smith did indeed die from a massive cocktail of pharmaceuticals. On Real Time (March 30), Maher seized upon the opportunity to revisit this theme in his last "New Rule" of the show, "Drugstore Cow":

"This woman was killed by her doctor, who's a glorified bartender," he began. "This month marks the 35th anniversary of a famous government report [the Schaffer Commission]. I was 16 years in 1972. I remember how excited we were when Nixon's much ballyhooed commission came out and said pot should be legalized. It was a moment of great hope for common sense. Then, just like Bush did last year with the Iraq Study Group, Nixon threw it in the garbage..."

"When are we going to get it that America's most dangerous drugs are the legal ones in our medicine cabinets, while some of the most benign ones are growing under a heat lamp in my dressing room?"

Maher battered away like a champion bonghitter: "Forty percent of the U.S. population has tried pot - that's 94 million Americans. Or as I call them - my base. Are we all criminals? No, we're not. But it is criminal when a certain person borrows and doesn't return another person's diamond-encrusted bong, Woody! [referring to fellow CelebStoner Woody Harrelson]

"This week in the American Scientist... they found tobacco and alcohol are far worse than pot, which pretty much mirrors my own experiment in this area. The Beatles took pot and created Sgt. Pepper's. Anna Nicole Smith took legal drugs and she couldn't remember the number for 9-1-1.

"It's about 8:55 here in California - it's almost time for me to take my medicine. I leave with one request: Will someone please just make a bumper sticker that says: I'M A STONER & I VOTE."

News Hawk: Drboomhauer 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Celebstoner
Website: celebstoner - Bill Maher asks Woody Harrelson to return his bong

I'll take one of those bumper stickers.

Bill Maher....do this country a favor and retire. He's doing the cause absolutely no good. "Yeah man, where's my bong... ha-ha, ha-ha." Such a cocky big mouth.

Wow, thought I had already written this and here I go again.

Mr U, firstly, thanks for the compliment. Secondly, my woman says the same thing! :laughtwo:

Sorry to disappoint but simply my opinion and you know what I say about opinions:

"Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one." :cheesygrinsmiley::peace:

Wow, thought I had already written this and here I go again.

this does have a sorta deja vu feel to it. we musta done this in another thread :cool:

Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one.
gee when did you meet my younger brother?

:rofl::rofl: Mr U - you're funny!

I sure would. I never carry weed in my car.

but if you're in a small town, known as a businessman, something that small could and absolutely would ruin you. for some reason, people can be stone cold alcoholics, as long as they are successful, and everybody loves them. get known as a pothead, or bounce a check, and it's usually game over. there will always be the majority, who talk to each other, and will never forget. if I put a sticker on my ride I guarantee I would be out of business in 2 months

but if you're in a small town, known as a businessman, something that small could and absolutely would ruin you. for some reason, people can be stone cold alcoholics, as long as they are successful, and everybody loves them. get known as a pothead, or bounce a check, and it's usually game over. there will always be the majority, who talk to each other, and will never forget. if I put a sticker on my ride I guarantee I would be out of business in 2 months

Yeah, Ya' got a point there
but with my neighbors callin' me a drug dealer in open council meets,
bein' under survaillance and investigation,
just because I have a lot of friends that stop in and party till dawn
I pretty much got nothin' to lose ....
Well maybe the Lawsuit (smrk)

Anybody know where I can get a Ron Paul for Prez yard sign?

just be careful still, dude. jail/prison is full of folks who thought they had nothing to lose. remember we are running against those (cops) who do not play fair. I had a good friend a few yrs back who had a federal agent tell him "once we are on you we stay til we find something"< and then he went to prison for 6 months for mail fraud, of all things. (claimed he had mailed something to do w/ a drug deal, total BS.)

Back
Top Bottom