Billyjack's Simple Hempy Grow - 2016

Billyjack

My goal is to grow in a very simple and hard to screw up manner. To do this, I am doing a Hempy buckets and using only Dr. Earth Fertilizer for Veg/bloom and Epsom salts.

What strain is it? VIP Medical
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Hybrid 50/50
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Seedling (sprouted 8/12)
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Coco/Perlite
If soil... What size pot? 4 Gal
Size of light? 900W LED- Actual wattage is 460 or so
Temp of Room/cab? 78
RH of Room/cab? 55%
PH of media or res? Will PH water to 5.7 may adjust depending on runoff
Any Pests ? Benny my Pug. I started with 7 seedlings and he destroyed 2 and damaged 2 others. For some unknown reason, he HATES weed. I do not smoke around him and we have had him since he was 8 weeks old and he has never had any bad experience with weed but he just hates it. His level of animosity cannot be described. I am finishing up a grow in my tent so had my seedlings on a bench in the basement under my grow lights. My wife had been in and out of the basement all morning but as soon as she had her hands full with laundry he sprinted past her, down the stairs and assaulted my seedlings. When she grabbed him, he started screaming and kept trying to get at the remaining plants. Look up videos with Pug Screaming and you will get the idea
How often are you watering? Daily/Every other day
Type and strength of ferts used? Dr. Earth.

20160819_110742.jpg

Top 4 are VIP Medical, last one was damaged in pug attack. Bottom 2 are Pakistan valley, both damaged and at least 1 will likely die. Top 4 popped about a week ago, bottom 2 8/15.

Just uploading as a place holder.

Oh... tiny seedlings... please pardon the previous question.

Its a fair question. I will start checking the coco with my moister meter and see if I want to water every other day. I am following the water schedule that Neil from GrowPotCheaply.com discusses in his video but I did just post some questions to him for clarification. He has some good info and is on this site, very helpful guy.

Last Saturday I transferred them into their final pot (4 Gallon Hempy). I will post pictures tomorrow. I started with with half strength Dr. Earth (Mixed throughout the coco) under an LED and moved them to a 400W MH, the runoff has been about 500ppm. I got a bit of heat stress when I put the seedlings under the 400W light and forgot to turn the timer back on, so they were under 24/0. That lasted 3 days. Not too much heat stress but I am always good for 1 or 2 stupid mistakes during a grow.

Since we're chatting about hempy feeding/watering... I toss some words into the ring.

There are generally 2 different methods for wetting your hempies. Some like to stretch the watering time and feed/water once a week. The idea being to dry the roots and allow O2 to get to them.
Some like more frequent wettings.
I, myself, fall into the later category. This is actually a result of my environment. I'm on the hot/humid end of things and find that the verm/perl mix is too thick for my world. I use perl alone. This allows maximum evaporation at the top of the pot. Since nature abhores a vacuum, the water down below works it's way up from the bottom to fill the vacuum. This leads to nutrient availability thru the pot.

Rifleman is another hempy grower that does the longer watering cycles and gets great results. Of course, he's not growing in a swamp, so his style differs from mine.

2cents delivered.

That's great info. I am in Maine, by no means hot or humid, realativly speaking. I guess it well be trial and error. I don't usually use a moister meter but now I will be putting it to good use. I recall that Neil is growing outdoor and it was pretty hot where he was. I am indoors so maybe every 3 days. Any additional advice is welcome. My goal was to have an inexpensive, simple, easy grow that result in decent to good results so fewer waterings is better

Sent from my SM-N920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks, it is real nice. I like the coco hempy bucket because it is real easy. I did change some of my grow info so I need to update it

What strain is it? VIP Medical
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Hybrid 50/50
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Seedling (sprouted 8/12)
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Hempy buckert Large perlite at the bottom, 50/50 Coco/Perlite, on top of large perlite and 100% coco the rest of the pot.
If soil... What size pot? 4 Gal
Size of light? 600W DE MH
Temp of Room/cab? 78
RH of Room/cab? 55%

Well, when I started them in the red cups, I actually made the cups into mini hempy buckets. Which may have been a mistake because it got a little messy when I was transplanting because of the big perlite at the bottom but it did give me a good look at the roots. They were surprisingly white and clean looking. Even though I heat stressed them a bit, I am happy with how they are growing. The only problem I am running into is my previous grow took longer than I expected and they are still in my large grow tent.

Back
Top Bottom