BioBombs: Cannabis Oil With A Kick

Yes it does make sense Mike, and yes, this can be done. If you add in the additional components in line with the desired ratios you'll have the equivalent of the mix you were seeking.

That 5:1 ratio is pretty potent, isn't it? It's that strength that I've come to identify as the equivalent of what I'm feeling with the fresh harvest oil, and why I got so excited about it.

Yes, Sue and Mike, the 5:1 ratio IS potent. My wife was floating along at 5:1 for a few weeks, and we decided to try a lower concentration..so we went to 7:1. There has been no change in the effectiveness of the Bio Bombs at that level. She's been using 7:1 for about 2 weeks now with good reults.

The next batch (see previous posting) is gonna be at 10:1.

So we are hoping that this lower concentration will be just as effective. If not, she can double up on the 10:1, or I have some 7:1 squirrelled away just in case.

Comments?

(Sue - Not sure if you wanted this here, or in the Study Hall.)

Hi Danolo

I think that judging the effectiveness of a lower dose is a very solid plan. There are are some studies now encouraging this.

All the recipes I've seen refer to a 4 to 1 ratio of olive oil to lecithin. (4 1) 1; (8 2) 1; and (16 4) 1

So it's correct that in a 10 to 1 solution the lecithin to cco ratio is also 2 to 1 - but only that one. Your recipe is good imo.

Edit to add: a few seconds in the microwave won't hurt anything. There would be a point where you could burn / boil the oil, with unknown to me results, but 20 seconds won't do that. I warm things in the mikey often.

Yes, Sue and Mike, the 5:1 ratio IS potent. My wife was floating along at 5:1 for a few weeks, and we decided to try a lower concentration..so we went to 7:1. There has been no change in the effectiveness of the Bio Bombs at that level. She's been using 7:1 for about 2 weeks now with good reults.

The next batch (see previous posting) is gonna be at 10:1.

So we are hoping that this lower concentration will be just as effective. If not, she can double up on the 10:1, or I have some 7:1 squirrelled away just in case.

Comments?

(Sue - Not sure if you wanted this here, or in the Study Hall.)

This is a good place for the discussion Danolo. I'm glad she's doing well at the 7:1. I want her dancing around the kitchen and happily engaged in artwork. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Your figures look good to me. As Oldbear pointed out, a small zap in the microwave won't hurt anything. I typically set it into a hot water bath and that works every time, but a few seconds in the microwave won't do the damage a few minutes will. :laughtwo:

I find it disturbing that the authorities still find it necessary to "bust" dispensaries. Can't we find a less aggressive way to train our dispensaries to hold to the letter of the crazy, delusional laws than to bust in with guns? That may not be what happened here, but it happens way too often that people trying to help others heal in a more natural way get treated like scum-bag dealers of dangerous drugs. Cannabis is a basic nutrient, not a dangerous drug.

We need to find a way to change the national perspective of this wonderful plant.

Ok, a further question for you folks...

My wife has been taking Bio Bombs now for a few months now, and as noted in other postings she is gradually working onto a lower concentration. She was floating along at 5:1 for a while, then moved to 7:1 and is now at 10:1.

And, she is getting good results at the lower concentrations. Hooray!

But, one thing.... when she takes a bio bomb, it usually puts her to bed. She cannot stay awake and goes and sleeps for a few hours. She has had the same reaction at whatever concentration she is using.

She tried stopping bio bombs completely a while ago, and that experiment did not last long! Within a few hours her symptoms flared up and she went back to using BB's to get the relief.

I have never questioned this, until now, because I feel that while sleeping she is healing.

But, I wonder, is it likely that she is still using too high a concentration? Is a 20;1 ratio going to be as effective at pain relief and inflammation reduction?

:hmmmm:

My wife has been taking Bio Bombs now for a few months now, and as noted in other postings she is gradually working onto a lower concentration. She was floating along at 5:1 for a while, then moved to 7:1 and is now at 10:1.

But, one thing.... when she takes a bio bomb, it usually puts her to bed. She cannot stay awake and goes and sleeps for a few hours. She has had the same reaction at whatever concentration she is using.

She tried stopping bio bombs completely a while ago, and that experiment did not last long! Within a few hours her symptoms flared up and she went back to using BB's to get the relief.

I have never questioned this, until now, because I feel that while sleeping she is healing.

But, I wonder, is it likely that she is still using too high a concentration? Is a 20;1 ratio going to be as effective at pain relief and inflammation reduction?

Is she taking them orally?

There is increasing evidence supporting the less is best concept. See my fist link.

The 'optimal dose' is the lowest amount that gives the relief you are seeking. A plan to reduce slowly until it's not enough then go back up one is the best. It's because people react differently. These ratios are guidelines to help people get started.

From my readings the body does its best healing when at rest / sleeping.

Nope, she shoves it.

My thought is that it may be the oil used. Something in the terpene profile is triggering sleep, rest. That may be what her body needs, but I can appreciate the irritation of losing that big a chunk. Out of your day. In all likelihood it's a combination of the oil and the dose being too high. Oldbear speaks wisdom. We've been trained by prohibitionary practices to think of "more is better" but that's not the way it's been demonstrating in the real world now that we have clinicians tracking success.

I'd suggest drop the dose concentration back to the 20:1 and see how she does. Make the smallest batch you can and test them for a day or two. We should be anticipating her ECS is strengthening and will respond appropriately. Do you have topicals on hand? They could come in handy while you fine tune.

And give her a hug for me. She's doing so well. It's just fine tuning. :hug::hug::hug:

My thought is that it may be the oil used. Something in the terpene profile is triggering sleep, rest. That may be what her body needs, but I can appreciate the irritation of losing that big a chunk. Out of your day. In all likelihood it's a combination of the oil and the dose being too high. Oldbear speaks wisdom. We've been trained by prohibitionary practices to think of "more is better" but that's not the way it's been demonstrating in the real world now that we have clinicians tracking success.

I'd suggest drop the dose concentration back to the 20:1 and see how she does. Make the smallest batch you can and test them for a day or two. We should be anticipating her ECS is strengthening and will respond appropriately. Do you have topicals on hand? They could come in handy while you fine tune.

And give her a hug for me. She's doing so well. It's just fine tuning. :hug::hug::hug:

Hug delivered and back at ya'.

Well, the oil she's using is Kirkland's (Costco) Extra virgin Oil Oil. Or were you referring to the CCO?

I make an on-the-spot topical. I put drop of CCO on her favorite natural skin conditioner and it sinks in right away. We have seen pain relief and swelling reduction happen in 1/2 hour!

Yes, I'll go with 20:1 next.

Thanks so much. :circle-of-love:

And a bear hug for you O'Bear.:hug:

One further comment... because the bio bombs tend to put my wife to sleep, I thought I'd try one. I have a hard time sleeping on a regular schedule.

So I shoved one of her 10:1 caps. (Lovely experience, that!)

Frankly, it didn't do much. (except for the ....never mind...)

But, I'm hoping that one day I'll have enough oil to maintenance dose myself.

ADDITIONAL EDIT: My wife tells me that 5 minutes after I went to bed, she found me comatose... in a deep sleep... hmmm... maybe I'll try one of my 7:1 caps that I saved...

Is it drug abuse??? Not to me!

Yesterday evening my wife and I vaporised a fair bit of plant matter.
I had slept all day, so I figured I would never sleep, so I shoved a 7:1 Bio Bomb. (note to self: Use skin creme as a lube)

It took about 10 minutes and my book hit me in the face. I put it away and rolled over, and woke again 5 hours later.. what a great sleep!

Is it drug abuse??? Not to me!

Yesterday evening my wife and I vaporised a fair bit of plant matter.
I had slept all day, so I figured I would never sleep, so I shoved a 7:1 Bio Bomb. (note to self: Use skin creme as a lube)

It took about 10 minutes and my book hit me in the face. I put it away and rolled over, and woke again 5 hours later.. what a great sleep!

There ya go. :high-five: I don't call any use of cannabis "abuse." :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'd bet the oil you use is an indica. My capsules don't put me to sleep at all, but they're from a balanced strain or a sativa-dominant.

Back
Top Bottom