Bionic's Soil Afghani x White Widow First Grow Journal

Hello, kia ora and welcome to my first grow journal here.
I'll being growing 4 x (Afghani x white widow clones) in my 1.2m x 1.3m x 2.1m grow room under a 600w HPS in the shed.
There's currently 6 but I'll only keep the best 4 and give the other 2 away.
I wanted to start with new seeds but sadly they haven't arrived yet so I'm using clones from my last grow and as i harvested last week i can't leave the room off doing nothing..... so here we go.

Bucket Size: 10L/12L will then transplant to 18L pots later.
Medium: 80% tomato mix soil / 20% Perlite.
Lights - (1) 600w Hps
Nutrients - Mr Grow, Nitrosol, Mr Bloom, Mr Overload, Cal/Mag & Mr Bud, Neem oil, (Post more details later)
Room: 1.2m x 1.3m x 2.1m
Room temp: Lights off 18deg C/ Lights on 27deg Cel.
Room RH: 55
Room fans: 6" carbon fan filter exhausting and 4" desktop over top canopy - 6" fan moving plant height.
4" fan air intake floor level.
Pests: No.
Dig Timer: Veg mode: 5am - 11pm.
Flower mode: 6am - 6pm

Clones have been sitting in a clone container under a cfl bulb for 3 weeks... transplanted them into the 10L/12L buckets today with a 80/20% soil/perlite ratio.
Trimmed all branches under the fifth node and topped at the 7th node and i then plan on a further 3 more stages of topping the girls when the time is right before switching to flower.
Fed them 300ml each of 6.2ph water today at midday and also some light training with bottle brushes.

Why I'm growing: (incomplete tetraplegic) I broke my neck in an accident 4-5 years ago and had a neck decompression and subsequently a neck fusion.. i was unable to walk, in a wheelchair and ended up on over 500 heavy pills per month.
About 6months after my accident a good old friend came to visit and kindly left me a zip as he noticed i wasn't doing well with the meds.... i had a bong and have never felt better... i regained my appetite and my neuropathic pain diminished.. It also gave me the ability to walk again and reduce my daily muscle spasms from over ten thousand a day to merely a dozen a day. I'm on legal cannabinoids for this which is Tilray 10/10 thc/cbd balance oil which is okay but not like good rosin and natural flowers which is why i grow my own....(strain searching for best results)
Currently my Tilray oil is legal but not flowers or growing so I'm on stealth mode.
I've seen so many little tricks and tips on this 420magazine site which helps me continually learn and improve my grows and stay medicated so decided to start my first journal.

Big/small, tiny or tall... all is welcome to come along on my bionic grow.... any tricks or tips along the way are always welcome too....

Tena pai e hoa, very good start. Found ya ;)
Trimmed all branches under the fifth node and topped at the 7th node and i then plan on a further 3 more stages of topping the girls when the time is right before switching to flower.
Sounds legit
:popcorn:
I broke my neck in an accident
Ffs
my neuropathic pain diminished.. It also gave me the ability to walk again and reduce my daily muscle spasms from over ten thousand a day to merely a dozen
:high-five:
Wow! That rocks! :theband:
I look forward to comparing rosin based meds mate. Always looking for new ideas for solventless concentrates.
I was taking medleaf CBD and sativex until recently. They are not funded and prohibitively expensive at $1100/month. Now I’m too sick to work I’m not as well medicated as I might be.
I’ve seen you tooling around in the threads the last few weeks. Niceta meetcha.
You didn’t reveg anything from your recent harvest? Nice haul btw.

Morena and tau ke for stopping by brother....
Really cool to catch up my man.
Sativex is so pricey here hence why i was forced to make my own oils / rosin for better health.
You should look into Tilray 10/10 balance oil - $160-180 40ml which is a months worth.. needs moh approval but obviously you've had this in the past as well, so a simple application again.
I didnt reveg any but i kept 2 strains as I'm praying the seed gods will let some seeds guide their way to me.....
New strains and terpenes keep the buzz fresh in my mind.....
Time for a coffee, Thc/cbd drops and a vape for breakfast and then to check on my girls..

Day 2:
Girls look happy this morning which is always a great sight to see so i finished some light training on the remainder 2 plants.
Crazy winter weather in NZ so i've setup my humidifier this morning to raise rh to around 55 as it was slightly low for my liking around 40...
Also did some trimming on my recent harvest from last week but today upon walking back inside my lovely fiancee asked me what goes on in the shed? i said i think you know everything honey........ she said it looks a little strange when you're in the shed for a while come back in saying the girl's are great, smelling your fingers saying they smell incredible, yet there's no one in the shed.....hmmmmmm hahahaha

Hahahaha like you said its cold there you should reply to the better half hehehe.... i love your name hahaha I imagine you have rooms full of donkey dicks at times.... Hi to @Sugarleaf and hope you're both having a smokey weekend

Awesome my brother.... nice to have you on board,, i hope sundays spoiling you..

Cheers, you too! Just had my daily infusion and I'm good to go.

BTW super intrigued by the strain you are growing! How did you come across it? (You can be as vague as you like lol)

Day 2: 14:30hrs
Grow room sitting at 27deg Cel with an rh of 55% at midday onwards... begun the day with an rh of 39% so started humidifier to amend this.
Overnight temp was 18deg Cel - rh 60.
All plants are happy as in their new home and leaves have already turned towards the light as expected.
They have a wonderful lush green colour commencing.....what a difference a day makes.
Light training on final two girls with bottle brushes..
After a few topping's / some super cropping here and there at a later date, I'll also be using a net to keep all the giant cola's in order.....hehehe
I tend to watch the plants closely and my main aim is to always enhance a thriving plant..
I'll take the plants out of the room tomorrow for some decent pics.

Hey @syenite, well an Afghani fem and a white widow male made love and after lots and lots of bud love we made a few seeds... sorted best phenos over a few years..then more bud love and more seeds... took sooooo long and the new strain has the both buzzes in one. Has a fantastic body buzz and rips behind the eyes. Music and sensations are heightened. Smells fruity growing and very pungent when flowering.

Hi Bionic, nice to see you journaling your grow. You've clearly got some years of experience behind you and I'm looking forward to seeing the grow develop. The rosin press sounds damn good, I often hear Donkey Dick braying about his, I'm envious! Fingers crossed for you with seeds, the more local success I hear about that the better, as it's a shitter to lose orders you've spent good money on. :hookah:

Hey @Stunger, good to hear from you my man and thanks for calling in...
I'll press some rosin and make some rso with bud / trim over the next 2 weeks..... looking forward to some nectar of the gods gold goo...
Also If there's a law change we'll have a lovely array of seed varieties week to week in a perfect world...
Donkey Dick has some lovely looking rosin.....
Have an awesome day brother

Hey @Stunger, good to hear from you my man and thanks for calling in...
I'll press some rosin and make some rso with bud / trim over the next 2 weeks..... looking forward to some nectar of the gods gold goo...
Also If there's a law change we'll have a lovely array of seed varieties week to week in a perfect world...
Donkey Dick has some lovely looking rosin.....
Have an awesome day brother
Cheers Bionic, I'm cradling another hot cup of coffee while I wait for the wife to finish what she's doing in the kitchen so I can go take a 'not in her face' top up rip of my daytime herb.
@syenite's mention of ordering a Dynavap got me curious in checking out the Greenstone page, they look really interesting. I initially didn't like the idea of a butane torch, and I still don't, but I can see how it does away with all the hassle of batteries getting rooted with the high draining impact of heating herb. I hope S&B put out an updated convection only version of their Mighty as it's big battery is probably the most capable of avoiding burnout. I saw too with interest they have a little hair straightener rosin press, I like the small size but at $500 it is probably better to get a full monty press like the Donk's got.
Man, I'm all for a referendum law change. Wow, it's almost too much to believe we'll soon be voting on it, it'd be amazing if it passes, still it would take a bit time, but yeah it would be unbelievable to be able to freely order beans online or have dispensaries etc!

Hahaha patience is painful a virtue...
I'm not into the gas torch setups as i can see myself burning something or my fingers sooner or later hehehe..
I use the battery vape and it lasts a few hours constant ripping so thats all good for me.
The glass dab rigs look pretty darn sweet but again a gas butane torch is required and a ideally a point and temp reading device of some sort.... so a little cost for one of them initially.
I may have to spend some money upgrading to these setups if it's legalised tho.
Alsojust checked out greenstone and those vapes ...they look dammm cool but not really for me right now.
I really hope we get magic beans this year...there's quite a movement for yes so if all goes well the other thing they can sell from the get go is seeds / clones as all weed sold here must be grown in NZ..

@syenite's mention of ordering a Dynavap got me curious in checking out the Greenstone page, they look really interesting. I initially didn't like the idea of a butane torch, and I still don't, but I can see how it does away with all the hassle of batteries getting rooted with the high draining impact of heating herb
I use the battery vape and it lasts a few hours constant ripping so thats all good for me.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of butane lighters either. But my handheld electronic vape just doesn't really cut it. It's OK, but I would like better. Also I have too many little devices to charge via USB lol, so I appreciate an analog alternative.

Well, I'll be the guinea pig and let you two know how it goes!

@syenite a couple of my mates run similar rigs like this with butane torches..... im definitely keen to try it now i've read up a little more.....they rave about them...
Electronic vapes aren't the best of thats for sure.... i do need to upgrade..

Day 3:
Changed daytime temp to 24.1c with a 55% Rh as i seen the very slightest movement in a single leaf towards future cupping...
Light is 600w hps dual spectrum at a height of 30" from the plant tops(has been at 24" till this morning)... the light will be here for approx a week to condition the girls to the intensity.
This particular strain suffers leaf cupping quickly under heat where other strains don't under the same circumstance's,
so I'll be lowering the lights in a week gradually until i find the sweet spot along the way.
Dampened the soil very slowly, intermittent and carefully today with 250ml of 6.2ph water total per pot with the aim of
a wet / dry / wet / dry technique.
Keep safe and stay medicated 420ians....

Back
Top Bottom