Bismirched1 rides again

Besmirched1

Heya guys from sunny far north Queensland Australia.
After somewhat of a hiatus spent learning how to write Supreme Court bail applications in prison, I decided to thumb my nose at the man once again.
Some might remember that when I last posted in 2018 I had had my crop ripped and had stopped posting. It was devastating and I was unsure if I would continue growing as my White Rhino X Durban Poison Gen 4 and 5 seed bank was lost. Luckily I shared some seeds with a friend and was able to get some of his new season seed which now has some of my genetics in it.
My mate is thankfully consistently the best quality around and has good genetics, so this is a little of a mystery tour with regards to strain and knowing how these plants respond to growing conditions.

So, I put seeds down on the full moon in February, already germinated. Really really late in the season. However relying on our lives ability to double in size upon heading, I went with it. We are not quite at the shortest day of the year and apart from them being so sticky that I had bugs stuck in my buds it's looking good.

I have also put in some mystery seeds from some local stuff that was nice and minimal seeds in it. These went in on May's full moon and apart from my puppy peeing on/over them, ugh. They are growing for gold, I'm really only looking for a nice male to put over the bigger female but I think I might have lucked out and got some nice females.
The bigger of the females was awesomely resistant to nearly every bug getting around this year, I want those genetics. As an organic outdoor grower, being at the mercy of the bugs and elements is always a challenge.

I pulled the top buds from the smaller females as it was starting to rebud and U thought it more beneficial to chop the dying off and top buds to redirect to energy to the bottom under developed buds.
Not too fussed what I get off these weight wise just rehoning my skills.

Oh dirt is wash down from the river, part decomposed leaf matter etc and fish and croc poo. I feed with fully decomposed cane toad, fish and banana skin liquid and can feed up to every 3 days with no ill effects.

IMG_20220622_160951_188.jpg

IMG_20220622_160834_958.jpg

IMG_20220622_160813_697.jpg

IMG_20220622_160040_092.jpg

IMG_20220622_160036_874.jpg

IMG_20220622_155934_307.jpg

IMG_20220622_155921_733.jpg

IMG_20220622_155912_102.jpg

IMG_20220622_155903_981.jpg

IMG_20220622_155842_794.jpg

On a side note for all you Aussies out there. I have ordered and had confirmation from Herbie's that they have shipped my order. White widow auto (my first autos), Big Bud, CBD lemon auto all only one seed. And Zkittlez auto 3 seeds.
Will let you know what happens, super excited to runs some auto's and use the genetics to run short winter crops.
Lots of benifits for me using winter as a season. Hrmm might be able to get both side of winter solstice with an auto? Of course do a count back on the in time with a targeted out time but... Further testing WILL be required.
Can't bloody wait....

Heya guys from sunny far north Queensland Australia.
After somewhat of a hiatus spent learning how to write Supreme Court bail applications in prison, I decided to thumb my nose at the man once again.
Some might remember that when I last posted in 2018 I had had my crop ripped and had stopped posting. It was devastating and I was unsure if I would continue growing as my White Rhino X Durban Poison Gen 4 and 5 seed bank was lost. Luckily I shared some seeds with a friend and was able to get some of his new season seed which now has some of my genetics in it.
My mate is thankfully consistently the best quality around and has good genetics, so this is a little of a mystery tour with regards to strain and knowing how these plants respond to growing conditions.

So, I put seeds down on the full moon in February, already germinated. Really really late in the season. However relying on our lives ability to double in size upon heading, I went with it. We are not quite at the shortest day of the year and apart from them being so sticky that I had bugs stuck in my buds it's looking good.

I have also put in some mystery seeds from some local stuff that was nice and minimal seeds in it. These went in on May's full moon and apart from my puppy peeing on/over them, ugh. They are growing for gold, I'm really only looking for a nice male to put over the bigger female but I think I might have lucked out and got some nice females.
The bigger of the females was awesomely resistant to nearly every bug getting around this year, I want those genetics. As an organic outdoor grower, being at the mercy of the bugs and elements is always a challenge.

I pulled the top buds from the smaller females as it was starting to rebud and U thought it more beneficial to chop the dying off and top buds to redirect to energy to the bottom under developed buds.
Not too fussed what I get off these weight wise just rehoning my skills.

Oh dirt is wash down from the river, part decomposed leaf matter etc and fish and croc poo. I feed with fully decomposed cane toad, fish and banana skin liquid and can feed up to every 3 days with no ill effects.

IMG_20220622_160951_188.jpg

IMG_20220622_160834_958.jpg

IMG_20220622_160813_697.jpg

IMG_20220622_160040_092.jpg

IMG_20220622_160036_874.jpg

IMG_20220622_155934_307.jpg

IMG_20220622_155921_733.jpg

IMG_20220622_155912_102.jpg

IMG_20220622_155903_981.jpg

IMG_20220622_155842_794.jpg
Great garden my friend.
Welcome back from your hiatus. :ciao:
Hope you get to meet your neighbors, they all joined since you have been gone.
Just 2 cents, if you grow two girls in one pot they will be small and weak.
If you grow 4 in 1 pot you will have a major problem.
I'd separate them before the roots get tangled. :Namaste:
And put them in their own bags.
Good luck on your garden

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

I have a few questions I am curious about. Did you intentionally germinate at full moon or was it coincidence? If so what is your reasoning? I miss growing outdoors and you are at a way different latitude and longitude. Do you have a theory on why some of your buds had selective die off and browning?

Great garden my friend.
Welcome back from your hiatus. :ciao:
Hope you get to meet your neighbors, they all joined since you have been gone.
Just 2 cents, if you grow two girls in one pot they will be small and weak.
If you grow 4 in 1 pot you will have a major problem.
I'd separate them before the roots get tangled. :Namaste:
And put them in their own bags.
Good luck on your garden

Stay safe :cool:
Bill
Cheers Bill,

My intention for those littles ones were/are predominantly for a male for some pollen. However once I sex them, probably over the weekend, they will be repotted into individual pots with targeted soil nutrients for veg.
The other thing to consider here is legalities and prying eyes. After last time, my last journal, you will understand. I do appreciate the advice though as it really will stunt their growth sharing space and nutrients.
Funnily though I have a feeling only one of those little ones will go male, so repot duty for me most likely.

I have a few questions I am curious about. Did you intentionally germinate at full moon or was it coincidence? If so what is your reasoning? I miss growing outdoors and you are at a way different latitude and longitude. Do you have a theory on why some of your buds had selective die off and browning?
Heya EZCalyx,

So very intentional to germinate over a full moon. Here is the theory/reasoning behind it.

I always thought that moon planting was a bit of a hippy dippy thing until I did some research.
When the moon is rising, as in heading towards a full moon, till the wanting moon after the full moon, the sap flow in plants moves from the root system to the top of the plant providing increased water, nutrient and mineral to the veg side of the plant to build new growth. A liquid feed is best during this time as it is readily taken up by the plant.
It is also the time when about 3 days before the full moon seeds will readily uptake water and germinate, pushing for new veg growth.

On the other side of the moon cycle, is the dark side/no moon, the sap flow slows and moves to the root system to built the new roots to allow for the extra new growth. A solid feed is better here as the liquid is not as readily taken up. At this time seeds are not as willing to germinate, that is not to say they won't though.

But is you accept that this cycle happens then you can target your work accordingly. Like reporting and feeding schedules. It seems to give them a great head start, especially when relying solely upon the weather.

On the brown buds, that little plant had some issues with bugs and a couple of small caterpillars got into it and killed off tiny bits. That and the new bud growth was why I chopped the top of her. The under growth was better quality and should now fatten up rather than long straggly buds with no substance. Sometimes the hard decisions have to be made growing outdoors and they usually require some sacrifice.
But it is also a great learning opportunity when you accept some losses and get to see how they react to something different.

Just a quick note for those interested,

The first link is a pretty basic layout of how moon planting and nutrient movement for cannabis works.
The second link is much better with the principals, and the book they quote at the end by Lyn Bagnall is the book I use at home and is well worth getting, even just for the read and knowledge.
Hope this helps some out there, I would think that for Auto's this would be a MUST read, Lyn's book, for getting that head start on pick up and veg growth. Also when best to clone and root etc, for anyone, but with limited time on the Auto's I would think this would be worth a go.
Testing I did a while back showed that the ones germinated over a full moon were much better developed and responded better to all techniques over the ones I germinated during the dark moon cycles. Was only a small group, but I saw enough of a difference to now follow the phases, roughly.
This will also help on the harvest side of things. *leaves open ended statement here* hehe.

Have fun learning!

The tall female looking like she will be ready new full moon, despite the little bit if new bud growth.
And a rare and elusive banana peel snake!

CM220624-174517008.jpg

CM220624-174337006.jpg

CM220624-174319005.jpg

CM220624-174300004.jpg

CM220624-174241003.jpg

IMG_20220620_140017_839.jpg

IMG_20220620_140008_563.jpg

Just a quick note for those interested,

The first link is a pretty basic layout of how moon planting and nutrient movement for cannabis works.
The second link is much better with the principals, and the book they quote at the end by Lyn Bagnall is the book I use at home and is well worth getting, even just for the read and knowledge.
Hope this helps some out there, I would think that for Auto's this would be a MUST read, Lyn's book, for getting that head start on pick up and veg growth. Also when best to clone and root etc, for anyone, but with limited time on the Auto's I would think this would be worth a go.
Testing I did a while back showed that the ones germinated over a full moon were much better developed and responded better to all techniques over the ones I germinated during the dark moon cycles. Was only a small group, but I saw enough of a difference to now follow the phases, roughly.
This will also help on the harvest side of things. *leaves open ended statement here* hehe.

Have fun learning!

Thanks for the detailed explanation and link! I've never considered this but you have inspired me to. It makes sense. Life on this plant is due equally to the moon and sun. Without either one of these life as we know it would not exist. The lunar cycle has dictated how life evolved on this planet. It only makes sense that plants would somehow be involved in the dance with the devil on pale moon light.

She is a beauty EZCalyx. Her effects are wide, she controls the tides and the oceans. It would seem her control extends to all water holding things on earth.
Since switching to this with raising seeds I have had a really good strike rate and have noticed I have much healthier trees.

And now for an update.
The tall baby in the middle I thought was male turns out to be female. Glad I didn't repot her. Anyway this shows the stall you get when you disturb roots on a repot.
The 3 little ones are suffering a little from transplant shock and the feed I gave them just be fore the rain we had. That was early after the repot, due to weather it was the only choice. It hasn't hurt them too bad and I would rather smaller bushier plants than tall rangey ones that are hard to hide.
Having said that today they all got a urea feed. Full moon is on the 14th so my timing is about right.
The older girl is doing well and her tirchs are full and opaque, she should go amber this full moon, I'm thinking about 3 days after will be pick time. 5% amber is about my sweet spot, and if the smell is anything to go by it will be delicious. Sweet and sickly Durban smell.
IMG_20220702_081803_893.jpg
IMG_20220702_081742_048.jpg
IMG_20220702_081703_869.jpg
IMG_20220702_081547_677.jpg
IMG_20220702_081526_045.jpg
IMG_20220702_081507_637.jpg
IMG_20220702_081416_723.jpg
IMG_20220702_081112_748.jpg
IMG_20220702_081106_663.jpg
IMG_20220702_081101_876.jpg

Back
Top Bottom