Bizarre Busts

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
Bad news for these folks, whose misfortune is also tinged with oddness or irony.

NY cops kill city worker

Sometimes it's hard to tell your friends from your enemies. Alberta Spruill, 57, died on May 16, after New York City Police mistakenly raided her home. Officers kicked in her door, threw in a stun grenade, handcuffed her to a chair and searched her apartment for drugs while she coughed, choked and then had a heart attack.

For 29 years, Spruill had worked at the Department of Citywide Administrative Services, where she kept lists of candidates hoping to become police officers.

Seven months earlier, New York City Police donned full riot gear and smashed in the door of Robert Rogers, a retired housing cop, to look for drugs. In both cases, police claim they had received bogus tips.

Chicken pot stuffing

Smuggling pot to Eli Hall, a desperate man in the midst of an armed standoff with police, certainly takes stuffing. Hiding the pot inside a chicken, Hall's friend tried to slip the appetizing meal through a line of more than 50 police in London, England last December 2002.

Cops searched the chicken-pot "pie" and found the cannabis, but only arrested the man when he returned the next day with more cannabis-crammed chicken.

Perhaps a few joints would have relaxed Hall enough to surrender, but we'll never know because police confiscated it all. Hall was later found dead in his apartment.

Smelly money

Laundering your money might not be a bad idea when you're dealing with stinky buds.

In December 2002, Vermont residents Arlene and Martin Santor coughed up $50,000 in bud-scented $20 bills for their daughter's bail, which was promptly confiscated as proceeds of crime because of the smell. Their daughter Nikita, who remained in jail, had been nabbed by anti-pot bad guys, who arrested her because her car smelled like pot, leading to a vehicle search that cops say uncovered a pound of marijuana and $12,000.

Similarly, in January 2003, 59-year-old Spokane Washington residents Kathleen Jenny and Virginia Erickson were busted for growing pot in their homes — and in three neighboring houses — following an investigation initiated by their bank teller, who ratted them out for depositing marijuana-scented cash.

House bong

A bong is only as big as your imagination. William Hainline was arrested on his 52nd birthday in September 2002, for — in the words of the local police chief — "turning his house into a large marijuana bong."

At his back door, Hainline had stuffed his barbecue with pot. At his front door, he placed a large fan, which sucked the smoke through his place. His neighbors, who weren't invited, called the cops.

I've made my office into a massive vaporizer, using 2 Volcano bags running back to back....I better watch out or my house will be confiscated because it is paraphenalia...LOL Thanks Moose !:smokin:

House bong

A bong is only as big as your imagination. William Hainline was arrested on his 52nd birthday in September 2002, for — in the words of the local police chief — "turning his house into a large marijuana bong."

At his back door, Hainline had stuffed his barbecue with pot. At his front door, he placed a large fan, which sucked the smoke through his place. His neighbors, who weren't invited, called the cops.
:rofl:

Nice find Moose, I laughed quite a bit reading these bizarre busts.

Back
Top Bottom