BK's Blue Dream - Dream Queen and C - Afgani Shed

breathingkush

Hello all, thanks for taking a few moments to see what I am doing. First things first a little about me. I am a 28 yearold native of Seattle, but now I reside in CA with wonderful partner in crime my beautiful redheaded girlfriend manda (non smoker by the way.) I work in medicine, as a nurse for a dr's office. Some of my hobbies are music, video games, and doing projects around our house.

So I am pretty new to using Marijuana, I am a medical marijuana patient, and beside a little experiminting in my mid teens I had never used any kind of intoxicants. I don't drink, smoke ciggaretts, and try to avoid rx drugs. That is until 3 years ago when I was driving and a person decided to involve me when they took their own life by stepping infront of my truck while I was driving on the freeway. She got her wish, and I wound up with a life changing disorder.

With in 2 months I began having nitemares, panic attacks, nite terrors, waking up screaming, and a handful of other slightly less bothersome symptoms. Not to mention the nightmare/terrors made it nearly impossible to sleep, leaving me grouchy, . For about 3 months I was waking up 6-10 times a night. Soon I was diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder(PTSD). It was told to me many many times, that PTSD was a life time disorder and that I would need to find the right balance of therapy and rx drugs to manage my symptoms. I have an amazing medical/support team that works with me and helps me, but in the begining try as they might we just couldn't find the right coctail of drugs and I continued not sleeping. This went on for about 10 months, I have tried nearly every downer, sleep med, anti-anxeity, anti-depressants, also I have a natropath on my supprt team and he tried many different herbs, hypnosis and acupuncture. Somethings worked better then others, but nothing really seemed to really work. Then one visit with my nuerologist he asked me if I had ever used marijuana. I told him about the few experiments, but that my experience was pretty limited. He left the room and came back and gave me a jar with what I now what I know to be an ounce of Kush, and a small no frills glass pipe.

We stepped out back, behind his clinic, and I took a couple hits. It was at that moment that I finally found my "normal feeling" again. It has saved my life. I still have a few nightmares each night, and a panic attack here and there. Thank God my Doctor decided to think outside the box. I still speak with my counselor weekly, and see my support team regularly. Also I should mention that my biggest supporter is manda my girlfriend. She is very good at knowing when I am getting into an anxious mood and tells me to go medicate. Telling me to "go take my midol" she also has encouraged me to speak whats on my mind instead of trapping thoughts in my head and obsessing about them (that is a very typical symptom of PTSD *intrusive thoughts.)

So anyway I have been using about 4-5 grams of marijuana a day, as you all know this can get expensive even buying 1/4 pounds at a time (about a month supply) i still figure it was costing me about $35 a day. So about 4 months ago we decided to try growing my meds. I have spent that time reading and planning. I have done some building, and have germinated my first feminized seeds of grape ape (a local growers personal strain that I have really found to work well for me to sleep being heavy indica dominate.) I intend to only grow mothers from seed as I dont want to invite super bugs, on clones from another garden that have been eating posion and thriving for who knows how many years. lol sorry for the rant there...

I have framed and made walls and now have 2 rooms in the garage. a veg and a flower room. my flower room is 8'x8'x4' with 2 600 watt sealed cooled tubes. I am going with the dual spectrum one HPS one MH I will tweak as I go and am open to suggestoin to when in the flower cycle the plants should be more under each light. My veg room is set up with shelves and is right next to my flower room. I am using 100watt cfl's in the veg room. I have 2 light bars that we replaced in the bathroom that I hope to wire in and set up but I don't know electricity so I am going to wait till my buddy an electrician to come help me with that so I don't burn the house down.. I want to do a perpetual grow with 3 mothers I figure I have space for about 18 plants in the flower room maybe more. know as I go. I want to harvest about every 2 weeks and have a couple sets of clones in the wings.

I am going to grow in soil and use Sun Leaves "International House Guano's" which is:1 lbs. Mexican Bat Guano2.2 lbs. Jamaican Bat Guano2.2 lbs. Indonesian Bat Guano2.2 lbs.Peruvian Seabird Guano. I plan to follow the feeding schedule but would be siked if anyone had used this before. We are very health conscious an I intend to be as organic as I can.

the other 2 strains are maui wowie, and masterkush. I am all about taste. we all know mauie wowie, but masterkush has that super lemon over load flavor that I love. So this is all for now. I have included a few of the first pictures. Please please give me any pointers I take critisim well and just want to make sure I do things right so I have he best setup when the unexpected problems happen. So let me know what you think so far an ask any questions.

Other then that sit back and relax cause we are all in for a long wait lol.

BK:welcome:

IMG00224-20110322-0838.jpg

IMG00228-20110322-0841.jpg

IMG00226-20110322-0840.jpg

IMG00223-20110322-0838.jpg

IMG00222-20110322-0838.jpg

IMG00226-20110322-0840.jpg

Re: BK's closet, Grape Ape, n Soil under dual/cooled 600wt

Welcome to the 420Mag forums and congrats on starting your first grow and journal. I'm sorry to hear about your accident and the stress it caused. I know the feeling of PTSD, as I have been diagnosed recently for a lifetime of traumatic experiences. MedMj is the best thing I have found to help me out, although it is not a condition WA recognizes yet at this point under it's medicinal act. Good luck on the grow. I'll be following.

re: BK's Blue Dream, Dream Queen, and C-Afgani Shed

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Sorry lots has happened since I was here last. Had many set backs in my personal, and professional life, do to a bout of.... Wait for it... Not having meds. I can pretty much self implode without a quality supply of meds. I got ripped off by a buddy and had to start my entire grow over. The good news is, I have gotten my ptsd back in control, as anyone such as myself that has ptsd knows, its not about curing its about beating it back down whenever the symptoms show their face. even better news is my girl and I decided to start over from the ground up. I am currently uploading a ton of pictures hopefully this small update will be enough to get me outta moth balls and back into active journals because woooohoooo let me just wet everyones appetite to say that we are currently into our 2nd week of 12/12 in our newly build tough shed building. Growing Bluedream, Dream Queen, and A true canabis sativa c-ahgani (im not sure how I spelled this but, the faster I get the pics uploaded the faster I am gonna flood with updates. Feels good to be back in the saddle, and feelin healthy again.

Ok First off real fast I got ripped off by my partner. it happens I just learned that growers are private people for a reason. Cost me about 6 grand, 4 lines of REALLY good genetics, that I have yet to reacquire, and a loss of trust in my fellow man. Ill get over it but for now Im bitter.
I have a good woman that has proven to me many ways that I can trust her with my life. We decided that we would no longer do the partner thing... So we have started to rebuild. But first I am gonna run down some pics of where I got to pre-rip. Then I will start the next post with the new stuff. sit back buckle up and fire a bowl. cause we are in for a perpetual of any good strains I can find.

Ape Mother Day 10 from seed
012304.jpg

Hi everyone
013298.jpg

Ape & White Widoe Moms
028110.jpg

her again
03085.jpg

Aeroponics Cloner RIP
19912.jpg

IMG00623-20110702-0757.jpg

Blah Blah Blah We got ripped off while we were out of town in vegas over 4th of july. I know where he lives, I just dont care to go to jail over herb that I can easily start over. SO we decided to do the most kick ass grow we could do in our budgets with a vow to keep improving it until we have our "dream grow" considering my wife doesn't medicate at all she shows a lot of heart and trust in me to allow us to spend so much of our hard earned cash on this. God bless having a woman that understands my issue and my need for medical marijuana. Next Post The shed/Grow room setup.

I'm sorry to hear what happened with your last grow but I'm also very glad to see that you didn't just lay down and give up but you restarted and kept right on going! I wish you the best of luck on growing and improving your meds.

I'm going to move this back to Journals in Progress now.

:Namaste:

So we no longer wanted the grow to happen with in our home. We like to entertain, and have people stay with us, and do to security we hadn't been able to do that lately so we contacted a Tough Shed rep, and got an awesome shed built 10'x12' with a 9 foot ceiling in the center. Then me and the little lady went to work customizing it for our needs. We started by insulating and sheet rocking all outside walls and roof to block out heat. We also installed a 10k btu window ac, and a portable 7k btu ac, and a swamp cooler for redundancy.

We also built an interior wall basically starting at the right hand side of door a foot in then over across door to make an interior hallway and section a flower room, from a work/veg room. see my illustration.

growshed_setup.jpg

and shed in cunstruction!
IMG00591-20110613-1049.jpg

IMG00593-20110613-1115.jpg

IMG00596-20110613-1128.jpg

IMG00597-20110613-1140.jpg

IMG00598-20110613-1315.jpg

Ok and now then Next post will basically bring you up to date.

Ok So here we go. I got a bunch of cuts from a buddy and planted them after thew were in my new dwc home made cloner (pics to come but basically i just took "Urdeadpals" design and added netpots so I can start them in rapid rooters as is my preference.

I should note that I have switched to perlight and coco for my growing medium. They start in the cloner till a nice rootball starts, then red solo cups, then 1 gallon square pots, then flower in 3-7 gallon pot depending on time spent in veg. I am using general hydro 2 part formula with kool bloom, and guano tea for boosters. I am staying at 6.0 for ph testing every time before watering, and occasionally I will check runoff. Heres some pics. I am as I said earlier in to the 2nd week of flowering.

IMG00691-20110720-1801.jpg

IMG00687-20110720-1251.jpg

crackanddream.jpg

IMG00694-20110725-0452.jpg

by the way the SUPER yellow one in this pic was an experiment that went badly...
IMG00697-20110725-0453.jpg

IMG00711-20110806-1517.jpg

IMG00707-20110731-0725.jpg

IMG00704-20110729-0732.jpg

IMG00720-20110809-1835.jpg

IMG00724-20110812-1743.jpg

IMG00725-20110812-1743.jpg

Taken just a before bedtime this morning.
IMG00724-20110812-17431.jpg

Ok now we are all on the same page. Questions comments concerns!!!! Thanks for all your help I am a new grower just a few harvests under my belt and dont have my head up my ass so far I can't hear what other people recommend!

As you can see I had some pretty serious stetch on the 2 biggest blue dream, hopefully they will fatten right up.

Here are some pics of my experimental cloner, DWC with a plant light from home depot over a clone dome. I mist them twice a day, and in the morning I take the lid off for 5 minutes to harden them slowly everyday so they done fall over the day they transfer to the veg room. I am looking for a smaller computer fan to install to promote stem strengthening. I have noticed with the DWC growth only really slows for a couple days, then even w/o roots showing top growth continues as well as leaf formation, this wasn't the case with my aeroponic cloner. Ok so here are pics I am at day 8 of flowering. I am hurting for a harvest after being jacked so I went ahead and triggered all of the plants as soon as they had shown sexual maturity (female preflowers on all plants of course I knew them to be female, but i prefer to wait till they show pre-flowers to trigger. I am hoping for a harvest around 2 weeks before halloween. Ok so have a good day, Im gonna go get baked, start my day with a little headband!

BK

IMG00727-20110814-1719.jpg

IMG00728-20110814-1719.jpg

IMG00729-20110814-1720.jpg

IMG00724-20110812-17432.jpg

IMG00730-20110815-0457.jpg

IMG00731-20110815-0457.jpg

IMG00732-20110815-0458.jpg

The thing I have realized about blue dream is it grows crazy fast so that can be good or bad, in my case this massive stretch seemed to happen in 3 days on the 2 biggest ones. Hopefully I have managed it. Other then that, i am going to set up a shop light in the grow room to facilitate picture taking as Im sure all know the HID lights screw with colors... I have noticed the odd fungus Nat, so I have utilized some Organicide and plan to add cedar oil to keep them at bay, as well as I hung some fly catchers. Seriously only seen a few, and I waited an extra day to let the pots dry out so I didn't hatch a bunch of little ones. Questions Comments are always appreciated.

Cheers
BK
Im off to my buddies house to sample the BHO made friday, pics (maybe video) to come. BOIL THAT OIL.

heres a few pics of the oil making.

it was a 19 gram run. vacum purged and whipped for an hour in 15 minute stages: be pre-pared to get stoned just looking at these pics.

bhom.jpg

bhon.jpg

dscf8556y.jpg

bhoo.jpg

bhop.jpg

bhopurg.jpg

afterpurge.jpg

And after a LOT of whipping here is some nicely dab-able bho. Coming to a hot nail then my lungs very soon. In route to my brain
bhodab.jpg

Re: BK's Blue Dream, Dream Queen, and C-Afgani Shed

So I have a quick question any of the more experienced growers wanna weigh in here it would be nice. I have been wanting to add a little fluro to my room, for a few reasons, A, I am using a mixed spectrum with 1KW hps, and a 600 mh, that are both cooled and I want to add in that cool blue that fluros throw. B. To facilitate picture taking and looking at the plants with the HID's off for a few minutes before bedtime, or before HID's come on in their morning. C. I need to add some kind of light to get to the optimal 66 watts/sq inch" and if I add another HID I will at least need to add a booster fan, and my light setups run $350, after getting robbed and having to re-equip the grow I am short on cash, so its much easier to throw in a couple shop lights but my question is this. What would be a good cost effective way to do this. I have 2 4 foot shop lights that hold 2 bulbs each. I also have a 6 bulb t8 setup that I had been using in veg. perhaps I could all of those lights and get a single 400 MH for veg on a rail in my veg area. hmmm. I know that I shouldn't have dipped into the headband before I wrote this post. here are a couple pics, it was taken a little late, as you can see to the point of some of the calex's(sp?) like exploded lol. pretty crazy couch lock to this stuff for most people, however thanks to my PTSD I react differently to heavy indicas. most couch lock indica's spin me up like a top. So this has a "dream queen" feel to me. Whoop. ok off for another bong rip. :roorrip:

07114.jpg

07210.jpg

19013.jpg

Like I said this was taken a little late, I was off on a trip for work and Ms. BK was nervous to take it down herself, and believed it impossible to leave them going 'to' long. Although some of the calyx's like exploded this was 60% amber tric's and a great smoke that knocked most people flat on their ass, and the trim made BHO that while didn't harvest must (maybe 7 grams off 120 grams of trim) its crazy strong and is an AMAZING painkiller. Anyway I am hoping more people will comment in here, I would love some input. Thanks!

BK:thanks:

Hey there, so today I start an experiment. I have one blue dream plant that has kinda lagged behind the rest, it is interesting cause it has 2 main stalks that are growing at the same height/speed. So I though what a perfect specimen to do a little side by side comparison so last night as soon as the lights came on I wiggled back and forth back and forth and then braced it with some tape and popsicle sticks, see what happens.

SNAPPPPPPP I know this sounds crazy but I have had good luck in the past I just really wanna see what happens in this side by side.
IMG00761-20110818-1820_1_.jpg

and a quick group shot with just the MH running.
IMG00762-20110819-0506_1_.jpg

And a few shots of breakfast. I made a salad then I forgot to take a pic of the mix,

Island Frost (sativa dom my buddy grew)
05432.jpg

Sonoma Coma (Kush)
27211.jpg

23311.jpg

and some kiff for good measure
24611.jpg

So anyway Im baked and off to putter around in the garage

cheers,
BK

Hi BK - Still need to get caught up, but wanted to sub to your journal. I'll try to get caught up later! :)

:popcorn:

:bongrip: Welcome Xlr8, glad to see someone signed the guest book at least! Although your grow expertise is even better! So I started so Femized Ajans Ultra Haze #2 last week they have sprouted and are planted, more about that in the near future.

BK

Just got caught up. So sorry to hear about your first attempt. I believe in Karma, and he'll get his eventually I'm sure...

Blue Dream looks great. I feel dumb, but what exactly is BHO? I want to grow Headband in a future grow...

Liking your shed, too. :goodluck: with the rest of the grow - can't wait to follow. :)

Just got caught up. So sorry to hear about your first attempt. I believe in Karma, and he'll get his eventually I'm sure...

Blue Dream looks great. I feel dumb, but what exactly is BHO? I want to grow Headband in a future grow...

Liking your shed, too. :goodluck: with the rest of the grow - can't wait to follow. :)

BHO: Butane Hash Oil, basically its a butane hash extraction, BHO is the building block for stuff like shatter hash, and butter. For me hashes and extractions are best because I smoke probably twice an hour and even more if me and the little woman are out shopping. So the quicker/more efficently i can deliver my meds the better. I learned about medicinal hash oil from a fella by the name of of Hashbean420 here he is after making a 5 pound run of white widow, winding up with 400 grams of butter:

Ok kids this guy is NO role model, but he knows his shit. My favorite part of this video is when he begins hacking and decides to smoke some melt of bubble hash to releave his cough LOL.

BHO: Butane Hash Oil, basically its a butane hash extraction, BHO is the building block for stuff like shatter hash, and butter. For me hashes and extractions are best because I smoke probably twice an hour and even more if me and the little woman are out shopping. So the quicker/more efficently i can deliver my meds the better. I learned about medicinal hash oil from a fella by the name of of Hashbean420 here he is after making a 5 pound run of white widow, winding up with 400 grams of butter:

Ok kids this guy is NO role model, but he knows his shit. My favorite part of this video is when he begins hacking and decides to smoke some melt of bubble hash to releave his cough LOL.

Oh, got it. Man did that guy have a lot of it in the video! Big ol' bowl of it. :) Thanks for sharing that.

Oh, got it. Man did that guy have a lot of it in the video! Big ol' bowl of it. :) Thanks for sharing that.

:thumb::yummy: That was amazing. that guys pretty cool, he was nice enough to answer a lot of emails from me.

so heres a little update, things are really starting to happen. seems as if they have left pre-flower and are moving into full on flower. seems like the pots are pretty slow to dry out. is this normal for coco coir? I run 50/50 coco/perlight. and I am using GH Flora Nova 2 part, Kool Bloom, a little H2O2, and super thrive. plus guano tea every 2 weeks. I am having a pretty slow evaporation, my room is very cool, and not very humid. anyway heres some new pics, I got a new phone with a 5mp camera, so they may be a little better.

IMG_20110821_172248.jpg

IMG_20110821_172257.jpg

IMG_20110821_173000.jpg

IMG_20110822_180916.jpg

IMG_20110822_180926.jpg

IMG_20110822_180949.jpg

IMG_20110822_181009.jpg

Cheers
BK

Back
Top Bottom