Black Cherry Soda x Blackberry Kush or Platinum Girl Scout Cookies?

TheFertilizer

So I got a little, tiny, minuscule amount of pollen from a Black Cherry Soda plant and I have a crop of Black Berry Kush and Platinum Girl Scout Cookies going. I primarily want to make some seeds, but I'm not sure which would have the chance at being a better cross. I don't know anything about the lineage of Black Cherry Soda.

Black Berry Kush = Bubba Kush x Black Berry
--Bubba Kush = OG Kush x {West Coast Dawg x Old World Kush}
---West Coast Dawg = Chem Dawg x USA, Humboldt
---OG Kush = Chemdawg x {Lemon Thai x Hindu Kush, Pakistan}
--Black Berry = The Black x Afghani
---The Black = Afghanistan x Nepal x Hawaii

Platinum Girl Scout Cookies = OG Kush x Durban Poison
-OG Kush = Chemdawg x {Lemon Thai x Hindu Kush, Pakistan}

Trying to look at this from a genetics perspective. I'm not really sure about cutting it with flour to try to do both either because it might not be that viable to begin with. If you had to choose one of these crosses which would it be.

So I got a little, tiny, minuscule amount of pollen from a Black Cherry Soda plant and I have a crop of Black Berry Kush and Platinum Girl Scout Cookies going. I primarily want to make some seeds, but I'm not sure which would have the chance at being a better cross. I don't know anything about the lineage of Black Cherry Soda.

Black Berry Kush = Bubba Kush x Black Berry
--Bubba Kush = OG Kush x {West Coast Dawg x Old World Kush}
---West Coast Dawg = Chem Dawg x USA, Humboldt
---OG Kush = Chemdawg x {Lemon Thai x Hindu Kush, Pakistan}
--Black Berry = The Black x Afghani
---The Black = Afghanistan x Nepal x Hawaii

Platinum Girl Scout Cookies = OG Kush x Durban Poison
-OG Kush = Chemdawg x {Lemon Thai x Hindu Kush, Pakistan}

Trying to look at this from a genetics perspective. I'm not really sure about cutting it with flour to try to do both either because it might not be that viable to begin with. If you had to choose one of these crosses which would it be.

Why not cross it with both?

I would...

I actually have been running black cherry soda for the past couple years and finally just finished making seeds with it. I took a female black cherry soda and reversed it with colloidal silver to a male, and then pollinated a bunch of different strains... black diamond og, harlequin, ogiesel, 3 phenotypes of tangie, I backcrossed it with itself too.

Black cherry soda is an amazing strain, very very terpy. The one I have tastes like pink bubblegum and a grape/fruit punch flavor. The one I have is sativa dom by looks and is a high yield er and loves to be lst'd or topped. I suggest crossing it with both...

Upon some research I saw mention of black cherry soda being: Airborne G13 X Ortega x C99 x Blackberry x Cherry AK-47 but nobody is really sure....

I looked at some genetic mapping of blackberry kush and compared it to Black cherry soda, and they are very genetically different, which for breeding I think would be your best bet... from plant geneticists I have talked with the goal is to take plants from very different genetic makeup, but also to use genetics to find what traits you are looking for to pull from.. such as if you knew a strain used very little nutrients and was pest resistant, then you would breed these traits into another strain by using genetic mapping to know which F1's carried those traits and genetics codings. By breeding 2 unlike and genetically different strains supposedly it can allow for more genetic potential than by breeding 2 strains that share a distant lineage.

When comparing Platinum GSC it also has some very distant lineage that is shared by blackberry kush as they are in the same "realm" of a 3d sphyrical genetic mapping of different strains but both are completely opposite of black cherry soda, therefore they both are very genetically different that BCS... therefore I would cross both of them with the pollen.

It's such a small amount of pollen that I think I would have better chances of actually producing seeds if I only applied it to one bud. The total volume of the pollen is less than that of a grain of rice. Someone suggested I cut it with flower so it can be applied more broadly, but doesn't that reduce the potency of the pollen and thus the likelihood that viable spores will find their way to the pistils?

In all honesty it might just be a waste of time asking with how little pollen this is.

Back
Top Bottom