Black Hills Local Pushes To Decriminalize Cannabis In South Dakota

Ron Strider

A new initiated measure looks to decriminalize cannabis across the Mount Rushmore State. South Dakota Attorney General Marty Jackley issued his explanation for the measure Wednesday and it has been filed with Secretary of State Shantel Krebs.

The measure's sponsor says it would legalize all quantities of marijuana possession and distribution for anyone 21 years and older.

Possession by or selling to a minor would be punishable by community service.

It would also remove references to marijuana from laws prohibiting driving while intoxicated.

The measure's sponsor has been working to legalize marijuana in South Dakota for more than a year.

He says it could boost the state's economy.

John Dale said "I'm a technology entrepreneur who's disenfranchised and frustrated with the tech industry. As an entrepreneur, I'm looking for ways to create opportunities for myself and others. I think it's important to be transparent about that. So my goal here is to create another economy and real economy. A grassroots economy."

They'll need to gather nearly 14 thousand signatures to get the measure on the ballot - but say their goal is 20 thousand.

harlequin_-_kierafae.jpg

News Moderator: Ron Strider 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Black Hills local pushes to decriminalize cannabis in South Dakota
Author: Robert Grant
Photo Credit: kierafae
Website: Rapid City, South Dakota News | Blackhills Fox KEVN

Back
Top Bottom