Black Indica First Grow!

sfyew76

Hey guys! Got some black indica seeds from crop-king and started my grow about a week ago. Most updated pics are from day 7. I'm trying to grow them in my new aerogarden. I know it's small but hopefully with some LST-ing, I can get some yield.. Let me know what you guys think! Any recommendations/help is appreciated.

Qy2o0QI.jpg

0FPJxlg.jpg

EyyyAI6.jpg

LwhxD7d.jpg

Update: Day 9. Went to the hardware store today and picked up some stuff to help my grow.
Figured if I wanted to get a decent yield I probably needed some more lights. I have 3 23 W CFL's (5000k) and
2 26 W CFL's (pics below). Do you guys think that bottom bulb is too close to the plants? It's about 2 maybe 3 inches away from the leaves.. Feedback/comments are appreciated. Planning on LSTing them when they're reading (probably around week 4ish)

MPdI4km.jpg

1TyAQwY.jpg

K5FQqFb.jpg

Hey; welcome!

I'm not familiar with the aerogarden, but if people can grow in a PC case, I'm sure it will be ok with some tricky training; i think the main things would be light leak during flower and making sure you keep your environment up. Where is your aerogarden located? like, do you have it in a closet or something?

from what i've seen/read on here, you might consider doing a Flux grow to maximize your surface area with such limited headspace..
I'm sure someone who knows what they're talking about can help you with that though, haha.

on another note, I'm also growing Black Indica for my first journal and I'm impressed with it so far; really nice broad leaves with a double serrated edge and a nice scent so far.. I'm 50 days in since planting and on the first week of flower, check out my journal if you're interested.

good luck!
/subbed

Hey; welcome!

I'm not familiar with the aerogarden, but if people can grow in a PC case, I'm sure it will be ok with some tricky training; i think the main things would be light leak during flower and making sure you keep your environment up. Where is your aerogarden located? like, do you have it in a closet or something?

from what i've seen/read on here, you might consider doing a Flux grow to maximize your surface area with such limited headspace..
I'm sure someone who knows what they're talking about can help you with that though, haha.

on another note, I'm also growing Black Indica for my first journal and I'm impressed with it so far; really nice broad leaves with a double serrated edge and a nice scent so far.. I'm 50 days in since planting and on the first week of flower, check out my journal if you're interested.

good luck!
/subbed

Thanks for the reply Kingsnake. I have my aerogarden situated in my bathroom (it's un-used and is light proof).
I was considering doing a flux grow to be honest, but I read that you're not supposed to top an autoflowering strain.. Is that true? Just wondering why this is the case.

Black indica is some of the best weed I've ever smoked, especially if you suffer from chronic pain/insomnia, or simply if you want to just enjoy a nice strain.

Gonna check out your journal and sub. Thanks again for the reply

black indica is a strain that I really wanted to try.

its not an auto though? just feminized

also, if you check out the beasts grows.....you sure can top an auto. glimmergrass also has an auto topped grow happening.

I read that your not suppose to top auto because of the short grow time, there not like photos where you can veg for how long you please with auto they well flower whenever there ready, so when you top them that's slows down the plant growth can even send it into flowering to early, which will result in tiny plant and little bud...

cool! sounds like you should have a good run in that space then! built in ventilation is always nice :p

re: autoflowers, im not sure about topping, but it makes sense that topping would we counter-intuitive, given the pre-determined growth time of them, tho i wouldn't say its impossible, just that they won't get as big as they could... that being said however, Black Indica is feminized non-auto so you should be fine in that regard - mine showed pre flowers in 4-5 weeks.

Black indica is some of the best weed I've ever smoked, especially if you suffer from chronic pain/insomnia, or simply if you want to just enjoy a nice strain.

thats good to know! looking forward to it, as I've never tried it before.

i topped everything i have grown. even autos. just makes them stop growing for few weeks to repair themselves. after growing few years now. seems that anything you do cut trim or anything they will stop growing tall an take few days to regrow. least every time i have LST or topped. they take about 7-9 days before new growth.

Being it's my first ever grow, I'm probably gonna hold off on topping. Who knows maybe ill change my mind, I still have some time to think it through.

Day 10 Update: I feel like a bloody kid in a candy store. Literally check on the seedlings every hour just for the hell of it to see if they've grown. I went to the hardware store again today and added 3 more 23W bulbs at 5000K. Got about 190 W total in 1 square foot (give or take). Hopefully thats enough juice. Running the lights 24 hours as well.
Pics below.

Temp holding steady at about 25 C (76 F). Humidity is at 29%. I'm not quite sure what target is for humidity. I've looked around but found mixed opinions. What do you guys think?
oMSxZhs.jpg

Got perlite in the bottom for the roots to cling and grow through. The nice thing about the aerogarden is that it has a built in aerator that will help supply oxygen to the roots, so you never have to worry about root rot/suffocation etc.
L9UJq2H.jpg

The Sanctuary.
mE06Zsb.jpg

Day 10, looking healthy so far.
Fh75V7j.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing the outcome of your grow Kingsnake. I'm planning on using all the stems/leaves to make some nice bubble hash hopefully if I get enough resin. Hbu?

Thanks for all the info/support, its greatly appreciated!

Got perlite in the bottom for the roots to cling and grow through. The nice thing about the aerogarden is that it has a built in aerator that will help supply oxygen to the roots, so you never have to worry about root rot/suffocation etc.

it sounds like its a mini deep water culture hydro system? I could be wrong, but it may not necessarily be beneficial to have perlite in your reservoir; have you seen that somewhere else?

I'm looking forward to seeing the outcome of your grow Kingsnake. I'm planning on using all the stems/leaves to make some nice bubble hash hopefully if I get enough resin. Hbu?

thanks! if i can get it together to get some bags, i will make hash as well, but for now its gonna be budder or cooking oil for edibles i think; eventually i'll make tincture but need to track down some 90%+ ethanol..

edit to add: you don't necessarily have to top either if you start training horizontally early, one in either direction should give you good coverage

it sounds like its a mini deep water culture hydro system? I could be wrong, but it may not necessarily be beneficial to have perlite in your reservoir; have you seen that somewhere else?

thanks! if i can get it together to get some bags, i will make hash as well, but for now its gonna be budder or cooking oil for edibles i think; eventually i'll make tincture but need to track down some 90%+ ethanol..

edit to add: you don't necessarily have to top either if you start training horizontally early, one in either direction should give you good coverage

I've seen another guy on a different forum do it before. Apparently it helps the roots develop much faster.. He has pretty good results. Ill try and track down the thread and I'll post it in here if you're interested in reading it.

I just took the res. off to check the roots and they've literally doubled in length since this morning (since I've added the perlite). So they seem to be doing well, If I notice any negative changes i'll swap it out.

Might top one and not the other. Just to experiment I guess. I have 2 plants growing so why not.

Never been a fan of oil or edibles. I just love the flavour of a good blonde hash. To each their own I guess!

cool! i was just curious as i've never seen it before! I'm not sure that posting a link to another forum is within the rules tho.

i really like nice fine hash as well, so i'm gonna try and get some bags, or a sufficient screen of some sort, but my wife likes to bake so we'll do some edibles as well. Im not into those oil extracts like shatter and whatnot, but tincture is a bit different as its a liquid solution; I'm a fan, it works really well.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom