Black pistils after foliage spray

Here’s some updated pic’s.
Do you guys think I should cut my losses and cut them off so the plant can focus on the top half ? My only thing is that I still see some trichomes on there. It doesn’t smell as strong as the top branches but if I open it up a bit I do smell something. No new pistils have grown either. Any advice would be greatly appreciated ;)
86CBB795-E6F8-4F7D-8BCD-E55A0F4FBFAB.jpeg
7C663AEC-0079-4286-AAA8-8DC54DFCB79C.jpeg
0503E7BE-FFA5-4DA1-B764-E7562F4C3B70.jpeg
I'm concerned it is a mold that is spreading now...I'd take a piece and dissect and see what you can see or find or notice

Krissi, please elaborate; as to what to use when looking at it (microscope?), and what exactly is one looking for?
Obviously mycology is not my trait.
Thanks
Bugs, eggs, how deep the discoloration goes and tell tale signs or symptoms of the presence of an insect, rot, mold, or some other issue. Nothing specific but just to get a better view and perspective @garybo. If it was me, that's what I would do but I would want to know the WHYS so it doesn't happen again

Bugs, eggs, how deep the discoloration goes and tell tale signs or symptoms of the presence of an insect, rot, mold, or some other issue. Nothing specific but just to get a better view and perspective @garybo. If it was me, that's what I would do but I would want to know the WHYS so it doesn't happen again
It happened because I sprayed with the wrong mixture for PM.
Anyways when I open up the bud it’s still green and full of trichomes. It’s just the outside of the bud and the black is the pistils. I think I’m just going to cut them off and clean them up and dry them and see what happens

Thanks @Krissi1982 , personally I think the problem my plants had was rot, not mold. There never was a smell or the slimy feel of moisture, just dead portions of the bud.
I separated the infected strain from the other girls, must have been too late, some still became infected.
The interesting part is I had two different grows, one was started in late April and other in early May. The May plants were not effected at all.

@TabbyDee , sorry for jumping into your post with my maladies, no disrespect intended.

It happened because I sprayed with the wrong mixture for PM.
Anyways when I open up the bud it’s still green and full of trichomes. It’s just the outside of the bud and the black is the pistils. I think I’m just going to cut them off and clean them up and dry them and see what happens
Might as well, can't hurt. So weird that the spray did that!!

Thanks @Krissi1982 , personally I think the problem my plants had was rot, not mold. There never was a smell or the slimy feel of moisture, just dead portions of the bud.
I separated the infected strain from the other girls, must have been too late, some still became infected.
The interesting part is I had two different grows, one was started in late April and other in early May. The May plants were not effected at all.

@TabbyDee , sorry for jumping into your post with my maladies, no disrespect intended.
That is pretty bizarre!!! Yes, sorry Tabby thanks for the opportunity to discuss these topics here though!!!

Yesterday evening I sprayed my plant with baking soda oil and bio soap for the purpose of killing powdery mildew. I sprayed half way up the tree because that’s what’s infected. I sprayed the whole thing even the flowers. And now this morning my pistils are black and I think dead. Is my plant ruined?
886831B8-811A-446B-B8EA-E6245B0ACB69.jpeg
8816306A-0C99-4A95-87A5-6B0CDCF7A434.jpeg
516BA3A6-DD2D-4CF2-858F-8B09B6D791E6.jpeg
Your plant is fine, I just went thru the same thing. My plant was in flower for ten weeks when I noticed the webbing on the cola. Panicking I made a concoction of alcohol , baking soda and neem oil. I had to spray the flowers and almost immediately the pistils turned brown and curled up, I thought I ruined it also. Some of the pistils grew back a week later, I harvested my plant, it’s smooth as can be and my white widow is outstanding, that happened 3 weeks before I harvested her. No worries at all there brother, I hope you sprayed wherever the mildew was , I can’t tell you what that mildew might do , but the curled up pistils will have no bearing on your plant

Your plant is fine, I just went thru the same thing. My plant was in flower for ten weeks when I noticed the webbing on the cola. Panicking I made a concoction of alcohol , baking soda and neem oil. I had to spray the flowers and almost immediately the pistils turned brown and curled up, I thought I ruined it also. Some of the pistils grew back a week later, I harvested my plant, it’s smooth as can be and my white widow is outstanding, that happened 3 weeks before I harvested her. No worries at all there brother, I hope you sprayed wherever the mildew was , I can’t tell you what that mildew might do , but the curled up pistils will have no bearing on your plant
Thanks. I’m just going to leave it on the plant then and see what happens :) fingers crossed

I'm a few hours from you but our weather is pretty similar. Northern Ontario as well... I don't think you'll manage to keep her going much longer with the cold approaching. Most people chop by the middle of October anyway. I'm guessing you've had a month of solid rain? The same thing happened to me with the black pistils on a few buds. I had a bunch of rot but also wouldn't corelate the two and I'm fairly certain it has nothing to do with spraying, because I never did while she was in bloom.

Thanks. I’m just going to leave it on the plant then and see what happens :) fingers crossed
Your fine, I sprayed my whole plant heavily, I had spider mites marching around the cola and other buds close to the lite. I had no choice, just finished curing my harvest , couldn’t ask for better

593F5FE2-3076-44AE-B4C6-05F6B17D79A3.jpeg

It was really off. I put 1 tbs of baking soda 1tsp veg oil and 1/2 tsp bio soap in 500ml of water when it was supposed to be 1 gallon of water :( ya live and ya learn
Oh man...we do those little oopsies sometimes. You learned and we did too following along so-thank you!

This was my first grow, I’m really anal when it comes to things like this. I read everything I could about pests, nutes , lighting . I also realized that there was a lot of misinformation out there.I found my seed in a 1/4 of my med pot. I read a really good article how sometimes a plant will grow a seed or 2 and it’s self feminized, I wrote a post about what I’d read and was told by several people that it was definitely gonna be swag weed and I was in denial. Lmao, it’s probably the best pot I’ve ever smoked.
I also read that if u sprayed ur flowers after the first couple weeks , with neem oil especially, your weed would be so harsh u couldn’t smoke it, also not true . I battled spider mites thruout my grow and my last spray I was tempted to take my plant and torch it, I was really upset, figured the plant was ruined. Again not true,of course if u can get around not spraying of course u should take any alternative.these plants are so resilient, I broke branches, anything that coulda happened did happen.
I really hope everything is fine w your plant, it’s heartbreaking to invest all your time into a plant and have something happen right before harvest.
My next gro I’m using auto flowers, my first gro wore me out . Your plant is beautiful and much nicer looking than mine was, you obviously know what ur doing. I’m certainly not an expert on growing at all, if I’d listened to some of the advice I’d gotten, I woulda torched my plant. I’m sure everyone is trying to give u good advice, unless you actually had this happen to you, you can’t. I had a guy that this happened to that told me exactly what I’m telling you, good luck

I also realized that there was a lot of misinformation out there.
Yep. A lot of people who make guesses when they reply to someone's question. And a lot of answers based on what someone else said and no one researches their guess.

I also read that if u sprayed ur flowers after the first couple weeks , with neem oil especially, your weed would be so harsh u couldn’t smoke it, also not true .
I deliberately sprayed a flowering plant several times with Neem Oil. After harvest and cure I gave some away. No one complained about it being a harsh smoke even if I told them about the oil being sprayed on.

I battled spider mites thruout my grow and my last spray I was tempted to take my plant and torch it, I was really upset, figured the plant was ruined.
I remember that.;)

This was my first grow, I’m really anal when it comes to things like this. I read everything I could about pests, nutes , lighting . I also realized that there was a lot of misinformation out there.I found my seed in a 1/4 of my med pot. I read a really good article how sometimes a plant will grow a seed or 2 and it’s self feminized, I wrote a post about what I’d read and was told by several people that it was definitely gonna be swag weed and I was in denial. Lmao, it’s probably the best pot I’ve ever smoked.
I also read that if u sprayed ur flowers after the first couple weeks , with neem oil especially, your weed would be so harsh u couldn’t smoke it, also not true . I battled spider mites thruout my grow and my last spray I was tempted to take my plant and torch it, I was really upset, figured the plant was ruined. Again not true,of course if u can get around not spraying of course u should take any alternative.these plants are so resilient, I broke branches, anything that coulda happened did happen.
I really hope everything is fine w your plant, it’s heartbreaking to invest all your time into a plant and have something happen right before harvest.
My next gro I’m using auto flowers, my first gro wore me out . Your plant is beautiful and much nicer looking than mine was, you obviously know what ur doing. I’m certainly not an expert on growing at all, if I’d listened to some of the advice I’d gotten, I woulda torched my plant. I’m sure everyone is trying to give u good advice, unless you actually had this happen to you, you can’t. I had a guy that this happened to that told me exactly what I’m telling you, good luck
We sound a lot alike ;) I’m so anal i would go as far as to say OCDish.. I had the same idea as you in I’m only doing auto’s.
And I’m going to invest in a tent and all that good stuff and try inside over the winter. I lived and learned a lot this first grow and I will do outdoor again but I’m going to buy feminized mold and pest resistant seeds.

We sound a lot alike ;) I’m so anal i would go as far as to say OCDish.. I had the same idea as you in I’m only doing auto’s.
And I’m going to invest in a tent and all that good stuff and try inside over the winter. I lived and learned a lot this first grow and I will do outdoor again but I’m going to buy feminized mold and pest resistant seeds.
My seeds dropped today but I’m definitely gonna use your site,I guess if your looking for max yield outdoors is best, i enjoy growing indoors and I’m looking forward to the auto flowers

Back
Top Bottom