What Strain is it?- bagseed
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?- unknown
How Many Plants?- 2
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage?- still a seedling
Indoor or Outdoor?- indoor, cabinet
type of Medium?- Sure To Grow
If Hydro, what type of Setup? eventually DWC
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many?- 1 240w 3band LED light
Is it Air Cooled?- somewhat (LED fan is all thats going right now)
Temperature of Room/Cabinet?- colder than it should be
RH of Room/Cabinet?- unknown
PH of Medium or Reservoir?- distilled water
Any Pests?- negative
How Often are you Watering?- whenever there is no moisture on the top layer of my STG cubes
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used?- 1 finger drip each of 3 part GH nutes in about a pint mason jar of distilled water, mixed/stirred in individually
Size or Square Footage of Room?- 2'x4'x1'6"

my first seed is 2 weeks old today and just shy of a quarter inch of it poking out of the STG cube. the very tips of the first true leaves (the only leaves showing still) are starting to discolor and get a yellow tinge just today. also after peeling back the STG (sure to grow, like rockwool but more cotton-ey) and the very tip of the taproot, which has shown no further rooting at this point yet, is black and discolored. is this nute shock or some sort? heat issues? or a mix..?

Temp and RH are pretty important. 5 bucks gets you a rh and temp gauge. A fan will help too, you need air circulation to make the plant stronger.

We cant give advice when we don't know conditions or can see the problem. A pic might help someone help you.

Im not familiar with GH nutes, is a finger drip in a pint mason jar a measurement they use? If I had to guess I think you over fertilized and this is what is causing the root tips to be discolored, it may also be what is yellowing your leaf tips.

Your plant could be yellowing due to a moisture issue, too much or too little. Maybe nute burn from your 3 stage nutes on a 2 week old seedling. Its hard to give you a well informed answer with the information you provided us.

well the truth is, im going a little half-assed at it for right now. i just need to locate a few more things and im set, but for now these little bag seeds are my trial run before i get serious about it. i have had pretty limited success finding information on cabinet heating and what to give/not give your seedlings so i decided to see just how the seeds would hold up in there without.
oh well, im learning!
any recommendations as to a heating source for my cabinet?

Sounds like they are cold...
Any small ceramic heater will be fine, you will want to monitor the temps as billmoe advised. Something that may also help is to put a spacer under the seedling container so that heat can get to those roots and soil.
Try to keep your temp in the 70-77 degree range.
Good luck brother and stay green.

Well the oldest one died this morning, the black spread up the root and it was all withered. Oh well, that's why I'm starting with bagseed. I'm learning =) thanks guys. Stay high, Keep low.

Back
Top Bottom