Black shiny spots on my fan leaves can anyone help

nikkiannb

My plants have pin head size black shiny spots on fan leaves and light brown looking dust over all the leaves. My first time growing indoors in a closet. And it's a clone. Help anyone!

You might have better results asking in the FAQ section and include more information along with a photo

Welcome to 420, nikkiannb!:welcome:
The pinhead sized black dots are probably Thrip poop- Thrips possibly came with the clone when you got it...
Not sure about that brown(ish) dust, though...
You may have to get some Safer® insecticidal soap and spray your plants- unless the plants are real small, and you can just pick the thrips off one at a time..

Pictures under natural light would help a lot. Just a tip for the future, before clones go into my tent they get sprayed, usually I use pyrethrin. It's plant based and breaks down within a few days. Never use it on plants in flower or close to harvest! If you don't want to use a chemical insecicide there are many soaps/oils that can be effective.

I posted pics in frequently asked questions. Thanks for the advice this is my first plant since the 90's. Things have changed since then.
All good! I should also have said :welcome: to :420:

There's been a lot of things that have been shown to be "bro science " and not correct.

A grow journal is one of the best ways to learn and get help. It'll even help you on future grows, as you can look back and see what you did when. .

Whichever you choose, I wish you the best and hope for a great harvest!

All good! I should also have said :welcome: to :420:

There's been a lot of things that have been shown to be "bro science " and not correct.

A grow journal is one of the best ways to learn and get help. It'll even help you on future grows, as you can look back and see what you did when. .

Whichever you choose, I wish you the best and hope for a great harvest!
I took ur idea and started a journal. I'm gonna post any event with my plant I encounter. Times I watered and fertilized. Any changes in growth or look. If u can think of anything else that would help and is inexpensive please let me know. Any tips or ideas on how to b successful, or things to watch out for that could devistate my plant.

Back
Top Bottom