Black spots on all my leaves

Seribee

Hi I am new to the forum and new to growing. I noticed about a month ago that there were black spots on a couple of leaves but I figured it was just dirt from transplanting into larger containers. I can wipe some of the spots off, this is why I thought it was soil. Now to my shock every leaf on all 3 of my plants have black spots and the leaves are dying from the bottom up. Upon further inspection I thought I saw some of the spots were moving as if they are infested with bugs. But there are so many spots that I am thinking my eyes were playing tricks on me. When I look again I can't see anything moving at all. There are just so many spots! Here is a picture. Do you know what is going on with my plants?
b3a37000.jpg

Get a magnifier and look a third time. It really does look like bug damage to me. Mist the plant with water and look for fine webbing (the water will stick to the web).

It is definately bugs of some kind. I don't see webbing but i saw some walking along the stem of the leaves. I also saw a cluster of white which i will assume is a nest. At this point all 3 plants are badly infested and dying. Should i try a pesticide or just throw them out? I hate to throw them out. I will try a pesticide and hopefully that will fix it. Any recommendation on what pesticide i should use? I am not even sure what kind of bug it is. It kind of looks like lice....in which case i really hope i dont get it!

I would guess thrips, but without a macro shot I cannot say for sure. I believe Neem Oil is the most commonly used treatment for them. Diatomaceous earth will end them as well but is far messier than misting with neem oil solution. If you are looking for chemical solutions, try that can be used with maximum efficiency in flowering stage, try liquid ladybug. All of them work but some are easier to apply than others. I will try to link the page that has pictures of thrips but for some reason links don't work when I post them most of the time.Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

It is definately bugs of some kind. I don't see webbing but i saw some walking along the stem of the leaves. I also saw a cluster of white which i will assume is a nest. At this point all 3 plants are badly infested and dying. Should i try a pesticide or just throw them out? I hate to throw them out. I will try a pesticide and hopefully that will fix it. Any recommendation on what pesticide i should use? I am not even sure what kind of bug it is. It kind of looks like lice....in which case i really hope i dont get it!

I am 99% sure that you have insects, but not sure of which. Those spots are "bug shit" which they leave everywhere. They (bugs) usually start at the bottom and work their way upwards showing that they are the type that migrate (crawl) and are not flying. It could be as simple as some type of grass hopper, but I doubt that they are spider mites who DO leave their poop on the leaves but it is much smaller. You can see mites moving but it is really hard as they are about the size of a pin head, barely visible to the eye. Any way yu look at it, eradication is imperative and right away, if you want to keep the plants. Simple Neem and / or Pyrithrian based sprays are good as well as home remedies made from Habanero Peppers, Tobacco and Garlic. The big point is lower temperatures, no wind and spray after the hot sun is gone.

Descia work without Soap? Or could it be a sodium one? There are no potassium based soaps anywhere. Can it work without the soap just garlic water?....I have the same problem ....

Back
Top Bottom