Black spots on both sides of leaves

Bnelly

I noticed these black spots this morning while feeding the plant. Looking under my loupe it appears to not be foreign, looks like it is leaf material. Any ideas? The spots all show through to the top of the leaves. I sprayed with neem oil on Sunday and switched to agromagen on Wednesday, I noticed a red spider mite and wanted to stop them from growing.
20200523_113059.jpg
20200523_113049.jpg
Strain: Skywalker Ghost Triangle Kush
Pot: 5 gal fabric
Media: 3/1 FFOF/FFHF with 20% perlite added
Nutes: Age Old Grow, Liquid Kelp, and Cal-Mag
Light: outdoors
Temps: high 60s recently and low 60s at night

I tried to get pictures of the top side but the camera wasnt picking up the black spots on the over fertilized leaves. I did flush and new growth is a healthy looking green.

Critters .... neem oil until flowering will work. Then switch to something less tasteful. lol Spinosad and spray in the evening at dusk to keep your bee friends (that dont bother with cannabis) happy.

Flush? what is this you speak of?

Interested in your thoughts on how "flushing" wood somehow help your plants or growth of plants or pests on plants or even over fertilized plants.

I sprayed with neem oil on Sunday and switched to agromagen on Wednesday
Hey there. Definitely looks odd. I may have experienced something similar recently. I believe I had a couple foliar sprays that were probably too strong. Did this show up after the neem or agromagen? Do you think the solution stayed on the leaves too long and could have caused some sort of a burn or "break down" of the leaf material? Sorry I don't know the answer. Just throwing out some ideas. I hope someone else sees this and knows what's up.

Critters .... neem oil until flowering will work. Then switch to something less tasteful. lol Spinosad and spray in the evening at dusk to keep your bee friends (that dont bother with cannabis) happy.

Flush? what is this you speak of?

Interested in your thoughts on how "flushing" wood somehow help your plants or growth of plants or pests on plants or even over fertilized plants.
My apologies, didnt mean to make it seem like I flushed today, I did it about a week or so ago.
I flushed with 6.5ph water to remove excess nutes in the soil, growth was stunted and tips of leaves were burning and curling down, new growth was having burning tips as well. After the flush, shes taken off.

I've been spraying a little after dusk, I burned my plants early on with neem and so im cautious about spraying with too much light. I switched to Agromagen because of the smell and messiness of neem.

Hey there. Definitely looks odd. I may have experienced something similar recently. I believe I had a couple foliar sprays that were probably too strong. Did this show up after the neem or agromagen? Do you think the solution stayed on the leaves too long and could have caused some sort of a burn or "break down" of the leaf material? Sorry I don't know the answer. Just throwing out some ideas. I hope someone else sees this and knows what's up.

Im for sure not gonna rule it out since I sprayed with the agromagen a few days ago. I hope it stayed on the leaves to clean up the mites. No worries, I appreciate you sharing ideas. Tag along lol I'm sure we will learn something useful from this :headbanger:

Flushing does not remove excess nutrients in soil.

This is a practice that folks that grow hydroponically use to clean out the tubes, reservoir, containers that have roots in them and more importantly no soil.

Soil has whats called CEC - Cation Exchange Capacity. This is a chemical bond of nutrients and soil organic matter that is a charge either negative or positive that keeps those nutrients magnetically bound to the soil particles. So water will not remove the fertilizers.

Bounce back may be due to under watering....

Your plants dont look like there's anything wrong or not much wrong they ook pretty good.

outside growing you will have pests and environment to deal with. I wouldn't stress on it too much.

Thank you for this info. Another thing to learn more about. If you don't mind me asking, if one does over fert, how should they go about unlocking the roots again? Will water atleast dilute the the nutes in the soil to a useable level?

Im glad they look healthy(ish) to someone with more experience. I definitely do get some anxiety when I see weird stuff on them. On another note, I haven't seen another spider mite since my first application of neem oil.

In soil its very difficult to fix a mistake like that. Best thing to do with this fertilizer process is go EASY and ramp up and watch the plants and see how they react.

I didn't see any evidence of too much fertilizer in your pics.

Over fertilization is very evident. You don't have that. Burnt leaves all of them, I'm not seeing it.

A lot of folks over react to the little things that seem important to us but for plants it is the every day. So we have time on our hands with plants so take your time and go easy ramp up and sit back and watch.
There's no magic bullet - plants grow best thing I do is litfa get outta the way the plants know what they are doing. Pay attention to your water and the quality of the water. I've messed up more plants than I can count with shit water quality.

Back
Top Bottom