Black spots on leaves! Help!

dagon420

My plants are about 3 weeks old. I transplanted them from soil to soilless about a week ago because I was getting overwatering problems. I have not added any nutes yet (the promix bag says wait 2-3 weeks). I watered them with water containing chlorine yesterday and also sprayed the leaves a little bit.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? Is it the chlorine or something more serious?

DSCF3856.png

They do look over watered. I would recommend using a wet-dry cycle in a peat based medium.

Let your water stand for at least 24 hours+, stirring occasionally, to allow evap of the chlorine before using it. 48hrs would be better, depending on temps.

You have plenty of lumens?

:peace:

Harry

I am watering them about every 2-3 days now that I have transferred them to the promix.

I'm using a 125w CFL as my light source for 4 plants with plenty of mylar.

Do you think evaporating the chlorine makes a difference?

Do you think evaporating the chlorine makes a difference?
Definitely, chlorine is counter productive. It can kill good and bad microbes.

No need to spray your plants either, unless you're foliar feeding.

Just let the medium dry before you water again. Wait until the pot is fairly light when you lift it. Just don't let the plant wilt. ;) Water very slowly until a few drops come out the bottom and don't water again until the pot feels light again.

Is that a single 125watt equiv. or 125 actual watts of CFL for 4 plants? Either way, you're gonna need more if you expect much of a yield.

Harry

125w actual for veg. I got 150w hps and two 70w mh for flowering.

You don't think a 125w cfl is enough for veg for 4 plants?

Yeah, depending on how tall you want to veg them. I'd say that a little low for 4 plants but I've been vegging one plant under 2 23w CFLs and it's doing pretty well. Growing a little slow but it looks healthy.

I have 7 plants vegging in my tron, which has about 150 actual watts of CFL in there. I will only keep them in there for the initial sprouting & vegging phase but after they out grow the 16oz cups, I'll move them to 10" pots and under a 400w MH for the final vegging phase.

Harry

Back
Top Bottom