Black Widow & Durban Poison 1st Quad Line

Thirvnrob

This is my first journal also so please be patient.
Durban is 100% Sativa with 20% THC
Black Widow is * 60/40 Indica/Sativa. *
Soil: Fox Farms Happy Frog

Vegged for 5 weeks & flipped to 12/12
Presently in week two of flower.
I’m using a weekly feeding schedule for Fox Farm Nutes - I’ll post the link - but I only started feeding them last week. I started out at 1/4 strength & will increase slowly till the girls say when or I get to full strength, whichever comes first.
Before I go any further, I completed my first grow by myself. I managed to harvest two decent Purple Kush but it was mostly luck. This time I have had help from a few peeps on here & now I’m more confused than ever. But I’m learning & that’s what I’m here for.
Thanks to Bud Buddy, Mocha Bud, EnRon & Emilya for the support. If you’re new here, pay attention to these guys - they know the ropes.
Pics coming...
1CBE87D0-827C-4D6C-8C21-A3D5638B70B7.jpeg
507119B1-A110-4F68-AA40-B5A3F13CB6A9.jpeg
6988E02D-C31C-493B-AA89-542905DDC9D4.jpeg

I was checking on the girls & spotted this. I posted the pic (after I came to) & asked for help. I looked for hours for bugs or any indication of what might have been causing harm to my babies but found nothing. Until I was putting them to bed & I spotted a tiny black ant. It was the only one I saw, and I have to assume if there were more than one, they had to be in the soil since I didn’t see any trail, or point of entry.Anyway, I treated the tent and found several dead ants later. Don’t know if I killed them all, but the plant looks happier now.
175EFD7A-320D-47C9-A857-E75F1C623DE3.jpeg
image.jpg

Before the ant invasion, BudsBuddy broke the news to me that my lighting was insufficient. How could that be? I had two lights in the tent. Twice what I was told would be sufficient , but I was wrong, so wrong. His suggestion was that I add a Mylar “curtain” and for a few bucks I turned my grow tent from 3’ x 3’ into 2’ x 2’. Now it’s bright enough to light a football field.

So when I started training the Black Widow I decided to try cloning. I got very lucky - just put her in a mason jar of water & added some Clonex and a few days later she had roots. Trouble was, I didn’t have anything to put her in so I cut a soda bottle in half, put some Coco Loco in the top, water in the bottom half & look at her go! I’ll repot her tomorrow & bring her along with the next grow which is another Black Widow/Durban Poison with a few changes. I’ll start another journal in a day or two...
33644A02-6134-4F1F-A9E1-EC2D830151F8.jpeg
9DD0522A-CD85-4E7F-85DB-3BB0065450E1.jpeg

They sprouted from seed 72 days ago & tomorrow will complete their 2nd week of flower. They’re growing like crazy which I was expecting, but it’s pretty cool to see it happening. Honestly, one of the hardest things about growing is leaving them alone & letting them grow. I could stare at them for hours. Thanks to buds buddy for pointing out flaws in the way I was watering & to EmilYa for posting a great how to guide for watering. The link is in my signature. My impression is they accept much more water when I take my time & let them take their time to drink. They’ll be thirsty again tomorrow or Monday.
595663AE-A601-4B39-84C7-36AEBDFA6FCC.jpeg

They sprouted from seed 72 days ago & tomorrow will complete their 2nd week of flower. They’re growing like crazy which I was expecting, but it’s pretty cool to see it happening. Honestly, one of the hardest things about growing is leaving them alone & letting them grow. I could stare at them for hours. Thanks to buds buddy for pointing out flaws in the way I was watering & to EmilYa for posting a great how to guide for watering. The link is in my signature. My impression is they accept much more water when I take my time & let them take their time to drink. They’ll be thirsty again tomorrow or Monday.
78A63C8F-E04A-46D4-BD9F-3B5E092F4B47.jpeg

595663AE-A601-4B39-84C7-36AEBDFA6FCC.jpeg
Your not alone. It's therapeutic watching them Grow. Looking fantastic by the way . Nice work

Your not alone. It's therapeutic watching them Grow. Looking fantastic by the way . Nice work
I agree, and with cooler weather and not smoking ciggies in the house meant I spent extra time with me plants. Love the colors and from day to day observe their growth.:drool:

To say the Durban Poison’s stretch is outpacing the Black Widow would be an understatement. It might not have been the best idea to have them in the same tent. It gets better. I have another grow just like it that’s in veg. When I flip them I might switch them around so I have like strains in each tent. That said, I spent a good bit of time feeding them today. I fed the Black Widows this morning but the Durbans pots still felt heavy so I decided to wait. When I checked them again several hours later they felt ready. Am I imagining that or does that happen that quickly often?

7230C94B-07D8-457E-943C-BCE10E2A975E.jpeg

The girls had a nice drink today. The Durbans took almost a gallon each & the Black Widows took about 1/2 gallon. I had expected to feed/water 3 x weekly but they haven’t wanted that. I’ve concocted a spray to combat whatever bugs were flying around in the tent. I’m using essential oils, rosemary & eucalyptus, each diluted & put in a spray bottle. I’m applying directly to the foliage & haven’t seen the bugs for a few days now.
Lastly, I’m beginning to understand how to fall into a rhythm with the girls, letting them answer most of the questions I have about what they need. They asked me to take down the Mylar curtain & save up for a better light. I might try another idea I have, but the curtain was cumbersome.
98417791-3DBC-4760-84D2-0ABB61E572F5.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom