Black Widow & Durban Poison 1st Quad Line

Anybody have any idea what this might be? You may remember me having a problem with a bug a couple weeks ago. This is the same girl. She has 3 sisters all in the same space & none of the others show any signs of anything wrong. I’m treating them with essential oils to repel bugs. I’ve seen ants & treated just the tent with pyrethrum - found dead ants & haven’t seen any live ones since. I’m putting 10 drops of Rosemary to about 1quart of water & spraying directly on the plants & ditto with eucalyptus. Any one have ideas or suggestions?
50D57AC2-B3A2-4BB1-8AFF-E22657DAB2BC.jpeg
49FF1E22-8BA8-4D07-96F8-FC4DBA8BBFE7.jpeg

I’ve fed them & they all seem happy. This morning I spotted trichomes on the leaves & the buds are nice & tight. I’m a little overwhelmed, honestly by the density of these plants. Pruning seems like a good idea but I’m not sure where to start. I’m gonna give it a try though.
05C25749-21F8-42D3-9A91-D50B43D34B5A.jpeg

Back to my lighting issue. Per Bud Buddies suggestion,I hung a Mylar curtain inside my tent to effectively decrease the grow space from 3’ x 3’ to 2’ x 2’ because the lighting I have is insufficient. They were too cumbersome though and I took them out for a few days. It was just too hard to work around trying to water, prune etc. Today I fashioned some panels out of the same mylar blanket and broken down cardboard boxes. They’re much easier to manage being able to remove them and replace them quite easily.I just closed pinned them to my Scrog net. Hopefully this does the trick Until I can come up with the cash to get a better light.
8EF77985-A70A-4FD7-9831-7C54C50FBBFE.jpeg

Defoliation day for the Durban Poison. I’m gonna have to elevate the Black Widows in the back. As expected, the DP is growing much taller & I’ll have to raise the lights in a few days. I’m having a little trouble staying in the zone regarding temp/RH. I’m staying pretty close but can’t quite find the sweet spot. I’ll be moving everything into a better space soon & I’ll have better control over it. Till then I’ll do what I can. The first pic shows the easy access I have now with the Mylar panels in place. Lastly, I pinched a leaf from the BW & man, what a sweet perfume! She’s already loading up with trichs. Can’t see ‘em yet in the pics I’m so looking forward to enjoying her bounty...
F864E235-D452-4E0B-9D49-65ABD69B3F7F.jpeg
C7E0DE4E-BE20-418A-B47B-904680375820.jpeg
741C4D4D-29A5-44AD-914B-FE71FF56B927.jpeg

Yesterday I flushed with Sledgehammer & the PH was a little high, so I got that corrected & this morning I could smell them as soon as I opened the tent & they look happier as well. I bought a small dehumidifier & put it in the tent but it turned out to be a waste of time & money as there wasn’t a single drop of water in the reservoir. I’ll either correct my mistake or expose the quality of that product for all to see...
87EFF21C-846A-489F-8EF6-57F9051D3D75.jpeg

Anybody have any idea what this might be? You may remember me having a problem with a bug a couple weeks ago. This is the same girl. She has 3 sisters all in the same space & none of the others show any signs of anything wrong. I’m treating them with essential oils to repel bugs. I’ve seen ants & treated just the tent with pyrethrum - found dead ants & haven’t seen any live ones since. I’m putting 10 drops of Rosemary to about 1quart of water & spraying directly on the plants & ditto with eucalyptus. Any one have ideas or suggestions?
50D57AC2-B3A2-4BB1-8AFF-E22657DAB2BC.jpeg
49FF1E22-8BA8-4D07-96F8-FC4DBA8BBFE7.jpeg
Have you seen any other leaves like this? Your plants look really healthy and well-trained so this leaf is probably just old and exhibiting battle scars from the early days. If you see more like this it could be any one of several deficiencies. In that case I would up my feed a bit but I'm using MegaCrop. You might need a little extra cal-mag. Overall though I think you should just keep doing what you've been doing, your plants look fantastic!

Have you seen any other leaves like this? Your plants look really healthy and well-trained so this leaf is probably just old and exhibiting battle scars from the early days. If you see more like this it could be any one of several deficiencies. In that case I would up my feed a bit but I'm using MegaCrop. You might need a little extra cal-mag. Overall though I think you should just keep doing what you've been doing, your plants look fantastic!
Thanks. I know I have some bugs in the tent - tiny ants & tinier white bugs that fly, but I’ve only seen a few. I’m treating the tent with pyrethrin and using essential oils to treat the plants themselves. I checked the PH & it was over 7, so I adjusted it down & I suspected a Cal-Mag treatment might help so I did that and they’ve perked up pretty well. I would guess the Durban Poisons added 3” today. I’ve heard they stretch well into flour, and I can tell you they drink a lot of water.

I finally got a good ph meter & I’m glad I did. It’s reading 5.0 or 4.5 depending on which pot. They just got fed yesterday so they’re still soaked pretty good. Do I wait till the next time they need water to bring the pH down? They’re in week 5 of flower...
7717C3FD-2085-44A7-B8B0-F551494646D8.jpeg

I was expecting a new light Tuesday but the package was damaged - they caught it before it was delivered so I didn’t have to deal with the return. No need to go on about it - things happen, but I need to get some more light on these girls. A flip them after four weeks and veg. I wonder if I should have waited.?.?.? These are the black widow – you’ll notice her sisters in the back. I put all black boots window and one tent and all Durbin poison in the other. I’ll post pics of those as well.
17114837-2C5F-4DA7-94B4-07CBC81F684C.jpeg

49907169-86FD-4549-B456-AE9390F8F543.jpeg

These are the Durban Poison. They were crowding out the Black Widow so now they’ll have to share space with other Durban Poisons. I had made Mylar panels to increase light but it had to come out to make room in the tent. Hopefully I’ll have the new light in a few days. The ones in the back are in 5 gallon pots & got no nutes before I flipped them. Up front is the same strain but fed & fertilized from day one after repotting as seedlings & are now in 7 gallon pots.
86241449-158D-49B7-BF44-77541497A897.jpeg

Week 5 of flower. The Black Widows are getting frosty & pistils are beginning to turn. The last two times I’ve fed or watered them I get a blast - not a hint, but a blast of the sweetest plant perfume. It happened twice each time. Am I crazy? I’m really hoping the buds fatten up. They are dense, but not very weighty right now.
I hate leaving you all on the edge of your seats, but I’ll have to fill you in on the Durban Poisons this evening as I have errands to run today.
1DFF148E-AC99-4D30-8E00-71891E26738B.jpeg

Week 5 of flower. The Black Widows are getting frosty & pistils are beginning to turn. The last two times I’ve fed or watered them I get a blast - not a hint, but a blast of the sweetest plant perfume. It happened twice each time. Am I crazy? I’m really hoping the buds fatten up. They are dense, but not very weighty right now.
I hate leaving you all on the edge of your seats, but I’ll have to fill you in on the Durban Poisons this evening as I have errands to run today.
1DFF148E-AC99-4D30-8E00-71891E26738B.jpeg
Looking awesome. Great buds. Really would love for some buds like that!

By my best guesstimate the Durban girls are in day 23 of flower. I’m hoping they finish quickly like @Emilya ’s did in 54 days. I’m learning to do a better job of getting rid of what will become larf - but not with this one, so I took some for a closer look...
E2C1FC19-A606-4E39-844B-78BCED1809C2.jpeg
3D5C1DB7-FDCA-492F-B222-F3AE5B16ACD7.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom