Blackberry Kush Grow Sunblaze T5 Veg - 600 Watt HPS Cooltube Flower

Hey man Ive always been curious about cooltube. How much cooler does it make it and how does it work?How does it stay cool? Is it like water cooling in a high end gaming rig

Yeah, just look at pic of my 600W which is a cooltube - you just hook up the 6 or 8in venting to it with an inline fan of same size to draw air through the tube and out of the room which cools the HID, allows plants to get a little closer than usual and helps the bulbs last longer.

What like a computer fan?

I use a cool tube that has a 6" outlet and put a metal reducer 6" down to 4" (from Home Depot) on one end and attach dryer vent tubing to the 4" outlet run that out of my grow tent to a inline 4" fan then thru a scrubber. No smell no heat - can touch the cool tube I run 600W there. I use I think a 90 CFM fan from Amazon - that's plenty enough air exchange for up to 4 plants WITH a scrubber. Computer fans are not strong enough - they are good for circulation but thats about it. Not strong enough with a scrubber. If smell is not an issue for you them ya you could use a computer fan without a scrubber.

Cheers

Hmm doesnt sound doable in a apartment where I could have to clear the grow room of any traces of growing due to ventilation tubing. Id love to be able to go all out but the only ventilation is keeping the grow room door open for air exchange and a ocilating fan. But Id love to make everything bigger and better it just isnt feasible

hey Joe - I have my plants in a tent doors open wide with the tubing coming out of the cooltube and into the scrubber - sits on the floor right beside the tent which is 3x3 like a closet. I only shut the door at night for the 12 hrs darkness. Even with doors open a fan blowing like you the scrubber takes away the smell. If I didn't have a scrubber where I live I'd have problems.

Cheers

Thanks Tal! That's right Bud uses the same tube I do. Im only use an "inline duct booster fan" (google for pic). The tube is 6" input and out put but I use a 10" with a reducer on it to increase my absolute pressure a bit. I added a 1000 watt hood for this grow so we will be running 1600 watts. Basically go from t5s in veg and clone. Then to 600 to get used to the hid then I move them under the 1000. I only flower in HID. The node spacing and growth rate is fantastic under those t5's!

That's a tricky situation joe. Without making it permanent you are kinda limited. I did a grow in college and it was same deal so I used an open hood with a portable air conditioner. It had 2 6" tubes for intake and exhaust on it. Surprised I didn't get popped from the smell. Things are totally purple ay freaking yummy. Pics to follow

Joe here is the fan I was referring to. This is a 4 inch I use on a timer for fresh air intake. Cheap but effective
june_16_009.jpg

and heres a little contrast picture of something old, something new.
june_16_005.jpg

I will probably try out ona gel for the smell. I just rather have temps in the high 70's instead of mid 80's all the time. I want tighter compact nugs.

Thats the way to go for sure. Bud made a good point about adding to life of bulbs and equipment so it pays off. I run ac and no carbon filter since smell is no issue. This means i dont need the cfms tents need when pulling through a filter. When i bought most of my gear an inline fan would cost 500 bucks easily back then. That played a huge roll in decision at the time. Now i see fan filter comos for 180 bucks! 600 watt cool tube was a good 800 deal back in the day. Heck now they are 150 bucks.

Yo dank, I had to do it bro..... Pulled off a branch... I couldn't help it. Pics posted

Nothing wrong with that. How far away from harvest is the plant?

Nothing wrong with that. How far away from harvest is the plant?

Not sure... I'm 7 weeks into flower. Say 4 more weeks including the flush. My question is, other than the harsh taste, is it SAFE to smoke without a flush?

Yeah it will be fine. You will just have that minty/chlorophyll taste. It wont be as potent either but wow 4 weeks left and you are on week 7? Damn I sure hope the strain is worth that extra time. Grow 3 of those cycles a year it would be 4 of another kind. What ya growing?

Back
Top Bottom