Blackberry Kush - Platinum Girl Scout Cookies - 400W MH/HPS

Are you sure the clone has enough air holes ? Sounds like what happened to me early in veg , root suffocation

You mean like holes in the solo cup its in? I was thinking that maybe putting some holes in the side to help it air out faster might be a good idea.

Some Thanksgiving day pictures...

IMG_20161124_111150.jpg
IMG_20161124_111201.jpg
IMG_20161124_111107.jpg
IMG_20161124_111044.jpg
IMG_20161124_111034.jpg
IMG_20161124_111025.jpg
IMG_20161124_111020.jpg
IMG_20161124_111004.jpg
IMG_20161124_110944.jpg
IMG_20161124_110923.jpg
IMG_20161124_110903.jpg
IMG_20161124_110826.jpg
IMG_20161124_110803.jpg
IMG_20161124_110755.jpg
IMG_20161124_110744.jpg

Trichs are starting to get nice and cloudy and pistils are almost all red..

IMG_20161124_110826s.jpg
IMG_20161124_1108261.jpg

Well it's getting pretty close, but I think I still have a week or two left. Today is day 59 since I flipped to 12/12. Some of the trichomes on my most potent plant are getting pretty cloudy and just a couple with an amber hue so it might finish sooner than the others. I'm actually pretty sure it's not a Blackberry Kush anymore, it smells more like Platinum Girl Scout Cookies. I'll know for sure once it's cut and jarred up.

I finally saw my first seed in the bud I pollinated on it though. Hard to get a picture of it with a camera but I managed. I'm wondering how many there are in there, it's a pretty fat bud.

Meanwhile, if I was wrong and that plant was a Platinum Girl Scout Cookies, well that's fine with me because all the clones I took of it are dead. I still have two clinging to life, but they're off one of the other plants that I'm reasonably sure is Blackberry Kush. I cut some pretty large holes in the side of the cups they're in to try to get some more air into the root zone, and then let them dry out a bit and that seemed to help because their leaves picked up. Then I think I may have let them dry out a little too much or something because they're looking pretty crappy now.

Buds are really really close, but I'm going to try and let them go a little longer. I have been giving them plain water only for about two weeks, well with some molasses here and there, but I think I will probably start to stick to a strictly plain water diet starting the next week as I've heard running molasses in the last week can make them taste harsh. Kind of bummed I won't really be able to enjoy any of this until next year.

IMG_20161201_172135.jpg
IMG_20161201_172108.jpg
IMG_20161201_172054.jpg
IMG_20161201_170734.jpg
IMG_20161201_170450.jpg
IMG_20161201_165028.jpg
IMG_20161201_164843.jpg
IMG_20161201_164836.jpg
IMG_20161201_164832.jpg
IMG_20161201_164824.jpg
IMG_20161201_164747.jpg
IMG_20161201_164737.jpg
IMG_20161201_164722.jpg
IMG_20161201_164607.jpg
IMG_20161201_164704.jpg
IMG_20161201_164600.jpg

Well, Mr. Fert, if it was me. I think further research is needed. Perhaps one of those smaller buds, lower down, might be sacrificed now. All in the name of research, of course.:goodjob:

Nice crop..

Thanks man. I plucked one off yesterday to check out the trichomes easier, but it's still drying.

I'm still not sure how I want to harvest this all. One of the living clones is damping off so I'm just going to kill it, and then the other one is so damn stunted I have no idea how long it will take to do anything. I'm thinking about doing a kind of partial harvest and taking some cuts off of these big healthy branches to try to reveg and clone them. Only thing is the plants are kind of on their last leg anyway so I'm not sure they're healthy enough to be taking cuts off of.

I still have 3 seeds that are supposedly Blackberry Kush, but since all of this came from bagseed who knows. I think I'm just going to have to live with the fact I might not be able to get these specific genes back again. :(

On the other hand, it seems like the Platinum Girl Scout Cookies have some real diamonds in the rough, and luckily I have a few more seeds of that left. Not to mention a bunch of seeds crossed with the Black Cherry Soda male.

You are lucky to have some choices. Its amazing what bag seed can reveal. In fact, the last time I grew (20+ years ago) it was from a bag seed that I germinated, along with her brothers and sisters, and then murdered the boys, and cloned her and her sisters for about 2 years.

It was potent, producing big buds and I shared a lot of it.

But, I had no idea about specialized nutrients.... I had six buckets of different minerals, that I mixed in a big horse trough, and that was my main flowering nutrient tank. I knew nothing about flushing the plants.

And now, looking back, I probably could have increased my yield by a good margin, if I had known then, what I'm learning now.

As for the strain that you may be losing the genes, could you not root one clone? If the genetics are special...??

You are lucky to have some choices. Its amazing what bag seed can reveal. In fact, the last time I grew (20+ years ago) it was from a bag seed that I germinated, along with her brothers and sisters, and then murdered the boys, and cloned her and her sisters for about 2 years.

It was potent, producing big buds and I shared a lot of it.

But, I had no idea about specialized nutrients.... I had six buckets of different minerals, that I mixed in a big horse trough, and that was my main flowering nutrient tank. I knew nothing about flushing the plants.

And now, looking back, I probably could have increased my yield by a good margin, if I had known then, what I'm learning now.

As for the strain that you may be losing the genes, could you not root one clone? If the genetics are special...??

Well I tried to take some clones of them, but I didn't do it before I got into flower, and then kept them way too moist, so only one of the ten I took is still alive and I'm not sure if it's even going to make it. I will probably try to take some cuts off of them while I'm harvesting, I have a friend who tells me you can just cut the buds off and then clone it as usual, it just takes much longer to root than it normally wold. I just can't remember if he said to leave one bud on or not.

The issue is they're not really doing great right now, I'm pretty much just limping through to flower and I'm really not sure they'll even be healthy enough to clone.

I've never cloned that late into flower but I would try if you really want to save the Pheno. I would think leave the buds as I always did even after they showed pistils.. The pistils would dry out and it would sort of mutate. It did work for me but not that late in flower as i said..;/ Others may say elsewise. I have very little experience with it. But had success..

I would try a couple clones to see and also pop a few seeds. They take so long to mature that if your cloning fails it would be good to know you where still progressing with you your grow.

Sorry I haven't chimed in I am always reading Fert...

:peace:

FE

I've never cloned that late into flower but I would try if you really want to save the Pheno. I would think leave the buds as I always did even after they showed pistils.. The pistils would dry out and it would sort of mutate. It did work for me but not that late in flower as i said..;/ Others may say elsewise. I have very little experience with it. But had success..

I would try a couple clones to see and also pop a few seeds. They take so long to mature that if your cloning fails it would be good to know you where still progressing with you your grow.

Sorry I haven't chimed in I am always reading Fert...

:peace:

FE

Yeah I was thinking about poppping some seeds right now for sure so I am not just wasting time I could be using on my next cycle, but then if the clones work I don't want to make a waste of seeds too. I am building a pretty good little collection though.

I have 3 more Blackberry Kush seeds. I didn't get them from the same source, but there is a dispensary around here that was selling it and they had a lot of bagseeds get out and I think that's actually where the person who I got mine from got their seeds. So recently a friend who worked at that very dispensary gave me 3 of the ones he had found. So while it might not be the exact genes I'm working with, it would definitely be Blackberry Kush. With only 3 of them though :( I put them into some dessicant, into a silicone oil container, taped that and stuck it in my fridge. They're the last vestiges of the strain unless I want to buy a clone off the guy I got the first set from, but I don't really like buying clones.

Wow so I am always surprised by how ready the Blackberry Kush is to smoke with no curing time. Smooth, barely any of that "green" taste, still waiting for the high to kick in...

Anyway today is week 9 and I think I am going to get harvesting. On some of the buds there's still a lot of white pistils, but the thing about that is that they seem to keep growing and fox-tailing so Im not sure that they will ever stop being white. I have seen that happen for a few people before so I am going by trichomes too, and I am seeing mostly cloudy, not much clear and practically no amber ( one or two trichomes). I could let them go a little longer but I know from other peoples' experience that they keep developing for a few days after the cut while they're drying and I am really aiming for mostly cloudy and no amber, because I don't really want the lethargic stoney-ness out of them. It would be great to get a sativa to work with, but I found last time when I grew them like this they still had plenty of body high but didn't quite give me that "Fuck doing anything" feeling. I also like the headiness of it when it's still mostly cloudy, but I just don't really want to leave too much clear on there because I'm guessing it won't be at peak potency.

Meanwhile the Platinum Girl Scout Cookies is totally ready, pretty much all cloudy with 5-10% amber, so I am going to be cutting it down today. I am still debating on whether or not I want to wash my buds. I did a small experiment with some my friend gave me and I like the results, but I just don't really have the proper size containers and amount of them to do it proper. All I have is a small 6x8x6" plastic tupperware thing, half a bottle of peroxide, half a bottle of lemon juice, and half a gallon of distilled water. So it just doesn't seem like enough to make a proper washing mix, at least not for all of the stuff.

Also not really sure how I want to go about harvesting... I have all these ideas about reveging and taking clones off of them, but I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to cut the buds off the plant in order to do that. Usually I just cut the whole plant down and section it up to hang, but this time around I'm going to have to basically selectively cut off the buds. I bought a drying rack for this very purpose too, though I need to find a better place to hang it.

Overall I'm very tempted to just trim and hang like I usually would.

Good news is the tester bud has got me nicely toasted. Took about three large hits off of it, my tolerance is pretty high lately so I think I would probably have got higher off just one hit otherwise. Uhh but it's really coming on pretty strong, I kind of lost track of time there.

So I think they may all be ready to cut :D

Yeah I don't think I would go that rout with doing clones off them this late in the
flowering cycle.
I have did that in the past with other grows and never got real good results.
But it can be done, worth a try I guess.
If you do take clones,
Just make sure you use younger bottom growth for your cuttings and it can work.
Best time to get cuttings for clones is one to two weeks into flower time.
And with CloneX I have gotten great results
as you can see in my completed jornal.
Hope this info helps you out some. Good luck!!

High fertilizer, I would abandon all plans of cloning this girl. You can reveg it though, and you'll be cutting clones off her in about a month. Just leave some tiny growth on the bottom 6 inches of all stems, give her a good drink of nitrogen and set her in a warm window that gets lots of light. Or put in your veg tent 24/7 or 18/6. After you clone it , then let it grow back a little and transplant to larger pot, then stick it right back into 12/12 again. But it all takes time. Good luck !!

Hang some wet towels in the tent . You'll be surprised how much it'll help .

Yeah I should probably give that a try, right now they're just in the corner but I suppose that would work. I will need more than 1 for sure though, I have hang a towel in there before to try to raise humidity for veg phase and it didn't do anything.

Anyway, here's my seed harvest! It definitely isn't 6k, but 38 isn't bad. I put some silica gel in the bottom of a vile, then a little tissue paper as a partition, and then the seeds. Now they're chilling in my fridge. There were a few premature ones but these ones all look pretty nice and healthy.

IMG_20161205_133857.jpg
IMG_20161205_133849.jpg
IMG_20161205_132958.jpg
IMG_20161205_133003.jpg
IMG_20161205_132935.jpg
IMG_20161205_132853.jpg

Set up my tent as a drying space. I found whenever I watered my pots the humidity would jump, so I put them back in there and watered them. I also put two buckets with a towel and t-shirt in there, propped up the fabirc so that it acts as a wick. Someone here taught me that, if you're reading shout out for credit lol

Hopefully that will get it a little bit above 25% at least. Way too fast drying.

IMG_20161205_144304.jpg
IMG_20161205_144254.jpg

So anxious to get these cured and smokeable. I am going to run the trim for hash, but I trimmed off so many crappy leaves in with the trichome-laden ones that I'm not really sure how well it's going to turn out. I am going to have to sift through it. On the plus side there's lots of popcorn buds in there. So hopefully I'll have something to smoke while these buds cure. Of course there's still the possibility of running one of the plants as a hash plant.

Oh, and it turns out that two of the plants were Platinum Girl Scout Cookies. One of the Blackberry Kush had really pathetic yield, most of it went to the popcorn bud pile, so I think I'll have a pretty even split between PGSC and BBK.

Well all but the very biggest buds are nice and dry, so I jarred them all up together. I packed in the big buds with the smaller dry ones surrounding them, figuring they'll draw out the moisture. No idea if that's the case, I've honestly never had enough to fill a whole jar...

Platinum Girl Scout Cookies: 57.3 g
Blackberry Kush: 59.5 g + 45.2 g
Concentrate: Pass 1 2.9 g, Pass 2 .6 g

Total: 162 grams of flower, 3.5 of concentrate

I trim pretty heavy too and threw a lot of popcorn nugs into the mix...
IMG_20161204_194600.jpg

So if I wanted to make a crude "average" estimate, 162 grams is 5.7 ounces over 5 plants, that means I "averaged" (not really what an average is I know ) a little over an ounce per plant. Which is really what I wanted to hit so I am pretty pleased :)

IMG_20161208_023545.jpg
IMG_20161207_135539.jpg
IMG_20161207_135004.jpg

Well that about wraps it up! I don't know what I am going to start next. I still have a few Blackberry Kush and Platinum Girl Scout cookies beans and they're feminized, meanwhile I have the one Blackberry Kush clone that's surviving, and a whole Platinum Girl Scout Cookies plant that's re-vegetating I could try to take cuts off of. Then there's the Platinum Girl Scout Cookies x Black Cherry Soda cross seeds. So i have plenty of stuff to choose from!

This Platinum Girl Scout Cookies strain is something else... I think it's just not very stable. Some of the plants are just plain mutated, others very finnicky, and then some of them ended up being my MVPs. The source I got these from has literally hundreds of them in a sandwich baggy. He saw some of the results that it got and I told him to at least put them in an air tight container and put them in his vegetable crisper and he agreed he'd give me some more as well. I think I might talk to him about donating me enough to do a pheno hunt.

So yeah I'm not sure if I am going to call this one finished or not considering I still have the genetics to work with. The Blackberry Kush seeds I have are not the same ones I got before, but my friend got them out of bagseed from a local dispensary so there's no telling if they will be the same. Meanwhile that one clone is still holding on, and I have a PGSC plant that's finally starting to put more vegtative growth on... Although it's all on the bottom and I'm not really sure if the old growth is viable for clones.

Back
Top Bottom