Blackberry Kush

danknessdude

Phone_download_1258.jpg

Blackberry Kush

Genetics are debatable. In my opinion this resembles a blackberry cross with an Afghani Kush

Growing:

Pros: Strong, vigorous, water tolerant, mold tolerant, pest free, nute tolerant and fast growing to medium height

Con: Not the biggest yielder but quality makes up for that, just under 1 3/4 ounces from one plant after 80 days from small clippings. This is me being greedy :smokin:

Note: this plant will double in size upon 12/12 light introduction within two weeks (10 days). Have plenty of water ready! Clones will have big white hairs all through veg

Smoking: Pure bliss! A real head turner with awesome bag appeal and amazing trichomes! Nice dense smaller buds with flavor lasting till ash. Longest Buds about 5 inches.

This smoke is amazing! Full bodied earthy tones followed by a slight berry flavor when exhaled through the nose. Amazing trich development giving the first hit a keef like clean crisp taste. Hits the head immediately with an intense almost overpowering pulse. This headrush is short lived but I see it being an issue for people with paranoia or anxiety. 1 hit made mom dizzy. I've sampled buds is all stages of development and can really tell the speedy buzz of the early harvest compared to the deeper evolving high of mature buds. As the cerebral effects subside the neck loosens, the shoulders relax and then the spine becomes very relaxed. After about 45 minutes the couchlock is setting in and you are deep into relaxation. After an hour to hour in a half you are napping. Choco tacos will be your best friend before you nap Complex tasks, pfft.... don't even try unless you want a good laugh!

Veg starting
IMG_052120.JPG

Flowering
Preharvest_016.jpg

Smoking
Phone_download_1246.jpg

Thank you for looking :grinjoint:

Nice review! Seems to be on the heavy side of Indica. With all the trichs it would seem like a great concentrate pulling about 4-4.5 grams per ounce. Enter Afghani Kush which as always had a rep for producing quality concentrates. Great looking nug! Thanks

Sounds like the gathering went nicely, lol. Sounds like a great strain to grow! YW

Thanks Moto! Very heavy high! Next grow I will dedicate a whole plant to concentrate since i've only made butter so far. I was offered an hundy a q for the leaf, its that fuzzy! In true Dude fashion I abided by rolling a "Labrador" and having a little gathering.

Can't praise this strain enough. Never once did a leaf wilt!

I'm picking some up in the a.m. for a cancer treatment package (primarily for appetite and sleep). If I'm not mistaken I think the info I got from the grower on this strain was 90/10 Indica dominate. Does that sound right? I grow also but cannot keep up on everything, so I still have to source out a lot. Smoke always gets better cured correctly. In fact, right around a six month cure is like smoking the sweetest tasting bud around not to mention the THC improves. Of course I cannot cure everything 6 months, but, I try to :)

Thanks Guys! True the kush isn't the biggest but by far a fine quality! I'm noticing the smoke is getting better the longer it cures. I was at a show and from 3 rows around me people smiled when I opened the jar! The were really grinning by the time I left!

Thanks Guys! True the kush isn't the biggest but by far a fine quality! I'm noticing the smoke is getting better the longer it cures. I was at a show and from 3 rows around me people smiled when I opened the jar! The were really grinning by the time I left!

No way in hell can I have a 6 month cure. Shit I doubt I can pull of 1 month. And why wasn't I invited to this show?? I would have been attached to your hip the whole time. Haha bubbler, joint paper, Fanta leaf, hell I would have brought out the double bubbler. Lol

moto from what I am told there are two BB strains. Mine is (as far as I know) the DJ short blueberry crossed with a kush at 80/20. There is also a landrace strain floating around that just hit the seed market. I have a friend growing it for comparison. My best friend has MS and must take 300 painkillers a month. Hes down to 100 per month thanks to my donations of Blackberry. He will literally show up all kinked up and leave like a fluid. Its amazing! The doctor actually gets audited on the prescriptions and threatened to remove them if he fails a urine screen for marijuana cause its illegal in my state. In two months she saw his improvement and actually helps him pass now. Proof is in the pudding! The 2 benefits you are seeking should be fulfilled with this phenotype. I truly wish there was an independent lab that I could have my strain analyzed for cbds so I know when to harvest at their peak. I do warn those with anxiety against this strain. Seems to instigate it for the first few moments of hitting but subside rather quickly. Could cause a panic attack imo. Another HUGE benefit is there is no getting immune to this strain. I've been networking trying to get leads in Colorado for a legal grow of this strain on a larger scale. Turns out my brothers law firm represents the city of Denver on the marijuana issues and was instrumental in the processing of payments legally. He has made a lot of friends and can get me behind the scenes. I do this for the love of the plant! This isn't about money for me

Thanks for the info Brother. I had some DJ Short Blueberry on my last batch. Tad too much sativa that keeps the lights on. I would think Blackberry would be good for anxiety/panic attacks being Indica heavy. Goes to show you stats are more of a guideline :). For max CBD go full term (amber trichs). You can even get more CBD's by even taking it past full term. The more the THC degrades the higher the CBD's/CBN/s. I cannot wait for my testing unit to get in so I can start testing for these test results. We are on the same page, it is not about money, just getting correct intel for awareness. Money is why MMJ is a class one drug. Nice job darknessdude.

Thank you Motoco! Just saw you are staff! Thanks for doing what you do and spreading the good word. May sound silly but everyone I know that grows also tends to grow other food crops as well. Now we have a small collective of different strains of fruits veggies and cannabis. We just supply each other with fresh produce. No two of us growing the same item. Its community, harmony and healthy!

Awesome Brother! Best way to grow your veggies! :) All the thanks goes to 420 Magazine and staff Brother. They are the ones who make this all possible. They work their arse's off to provide the best awareness on the net.

Thank you Motoco! Just saw you are staff! Thanks for doing what you do and spreading the good word. May sound silly but everyone I know that grows also tends to grow other food crops as well. Now we have a small collective of different strains of fruits veggies and cannabis. We just supply each other with fresh produce. No two of us growing the same item. Its community, harmony and healthy!

I think the strain of Blackberry Kush I got is the cut you have. It feels like a 80/20 Indica dominate. It taste identical to your review, in fact you nailed the whole review. Even though the strain I got the sativa went away quick and the indica took over (grown full term). I would love to try the landrace strain. Definitely interested in the outcome of that one. I love the taste of this BB in a vape. Smooth and totally relaxing with a nice slow creeper till the eyes start to flutter, lol. Seriously felt like I just left a sauna, yet the mind was void of thoughts. I'll turn it into some concentrate tomorrow and try it out for some nighttime meds. :thumb:

Wanted to do a quick update on the Blackberry Kush. Sorry no pic's-no time. Decent size nugs (thinking C02). Made some concentrate out of 2oz. = 6 gram pull. Made it the evening on the 19th. Tonight will be the third night (can take 3-5 days to push the old out). For an 80-20 blend this is some of the best nighttime oil ever besides some full term Master Kush. This was taken full term also and relaxes your body to the max, while leaving the wheels upstairs in neutral. It keeps getting better. What a great insomnia med. In a concentrated oil Blackberry Kush is a must have nighttime oil. Just get your butt to bed before the munchies come. You wake up feeling like you just slept 10 years. I'll back off a tad on the amount to get up a little more alert-but darn, dreams are in 3-D. Wow! Great strain for concentrated cannabis oil. Oh oh - the taste is a bitterman to be sure, for me, I like it simply because I know it is in a upper class for sleep. Numbers are a guideline in this case.

blackberry kush is my shit! Knocks me on my ass usually lol

lol shatterdabs. Blackberry Kush shatter=vape :)

Thanks I needed a good laugh today!

Back
Top Bottom