blackstrap molasses

:welcome: to :420:

I use unsulphured molasses with every feeding/watering throughout the entire grow, including the last 2 weeks of flushing prior to harvest. The only time I don't add molasses is when I flush the plants to resolve some issue that they are experiencing, then I just used room temperature dechlorinated tap water.

I start molasses in transition and continue using it throughout flowering. Applied ~1x/week. I stop ~2 wks. before harvest. I especially like the carbs it provides, but during finish period but I cut it off because I don't want to give too much Mg at the very end. I try to use up all N and Mg by the time it's ready to harvest. Like ColoradoHigh, I like molasses a lot, I just apply it for a shorter period.

i grow in canna coco with all canna nutes A+B bloom booster pk 13-14 etc would using molasses be of benefit over and above the nutes i'm using ?

Wouldn't molasses be pretty much useless if you're growing with chemical nutes, or anything non-organic? I heard that chemical nutes (even stuff like PBP) pretty much kills off the microherd, especially if used in higher concentrations? I know that myco's cannot survive above a certain concentration of chemical nutes, so i assume most other beneficial fungi and bacteria would die off too?
If this is true, then the only benefit of molasses, when used with chem nutes, would be the addition of micronutrients like magnesium, iron, and calcium?

Good points ganjuh. I had similar thoughts to yours but recently in another thread here, I think JJ's organics thread, there was some very interesting info that the microbe death rate in the face of nasties like chelation agents did NOT in fact kill off all of our little friends. Though I practice organics, I still have a few some supplements that I know contain some chelation agents, which is why I re-innoculate throughout the grow period and use teas often.

i havent used molasses just flushed with water. harvest in 2 days time
DSCF5885.JPG
DSCF5884.JPG
DSCF5883.JPG

I tried it all and found that it makes no difference compared to brown sugar. I also found it makes no difference if you use brown sugar or molasses through the whole grow, verses that last two weeks. The last two weeks is good enough. Saves money.

Wouldn't molasses be pretty much useless if you're growing with chemical nutes, or anything non-organic? I heard that chemical nutes (even stuff like PBP) pretty much kills off the microherd, especially if used in higher concentrations? I know that myco's cannot survive above a certain concentration of chemical nutes, so i assume most other beneficial fungi and bacteria would die off too?
If this is true, then the only benefit of molasses, when used with chem nutes, would be the addition of micronutrients like magnesium, iron, and calcium?

He got it right!
I don't see why people growing in coco use molasses when they are not growing organically. Molasses is used to fed the living bacterias in you medium, if you are not feeding your plants weekly with compost tea and other beneficial bacteria, there's no reason for it.
People think that adding sugar to the solution will make the flowers more stickier, where that came from?
Peace

:Namaste:
The Little Amazon Welcomes All Visitors!

IMG_0302210.JPG

Back
Top Bottom