Blazeartglass Micro PC Grow

Blazeartglass

Well folks its me Billy Blaze of Blaze Art Glass here with my first PC grow. So I bin playing around on Craig's list and I found a bunch of free computer towers so what did I do u ask..... I went and picked them up. People that know me know I have done a lot of different size grows and I have done some things that they said was impossible we'll I have never done any micro grows thought I would give it a try actually my mom challenged me to do a grow that cost me as close to nothing as possible except electric. Here is what we have.

2 PC towers home made
8 42w cfl between the two
1 12 volt fan controller DIY
And a DIY wick system that she saw on facebook made out of coke bottles

And because someone will ask I'm sure. The genetics well this is where it gets tricky I was told seeds are only good 3-4 years under optimul conditions. My seeds are at least 15 years old they are a cross between True ATF And Elvis witch is a red hair skunk. I have tryed to germinate probably 75 of them about 6 have split there shells and 2 of them have actually started growing. So I decided to try this out. It's easy to grow good bud with good vibrent seeds but what about all the strands that wer lost. I talked to some old heads (growers in there 60s and 70s) that told me that the smoke was better back then so to that I say lets see.

Now with all that said sounds like the cards are stacked against me you might say. I say why is it worth doing if its going to be easy? Plus I think it would be nice to see a strain that so many people back then enjoyed being enjoyed
Being enjoyed agine. And before anyone asks yes I did build an extra box to bring a nice fem to seed. If all works out I will do this strain in a large grow from clones from the pc.

Now this is getting Long winded so I will cut it short we are in day 2 and day 3 of actual veg growth and I have them under 18/6 42 watt halogen lights yes halogen. And will keep them that way for about a week they are in mg potting soil and I know the ones in the big pot are not pot it's sweet baisl just wanted to see if the 42 was going to grow anything

Ok so for the fan controller it is a computer power supply it has a bunch of 12 volt Leads so its perfect for what I need now I will try to keep this updated as often as possible so you all can see the progress or pure fail eather way you will be here with me to witness it eather way ok and photos to come

here are the pics
atfxe4.jpg
atfxe5.jpg
atfxe3.jpg
atfxe1.jpg
atfxe2.jpg

What is your est. Wt. on these 2 if they go to full bloom?

I honestly have no idea back 15 years ago they where 600gram in 90 days each in not to optimal conditions I have never done a PC grow I'm trying for a oz per maby more this is all trial at this point I still haven't put the lights in the box yet so today I threw them under my 1000 hps to help

So over night these little guys shot up almost to my light so I tryed an old trick out door growers use to keep plants squat I staked them down instead of moving my lights here are some pics it's only bin about 2 or 3 days
image605.jpg

So here we go agine after I staked them down I was cleaning out a closet and low and behold what did I find??? More lights! I found some old hanging lamps with 15 watt cfls I did some lookin and a 15 watt cfl has the same lumins as a regular 60 watt bulb and the same as the 42watt halogen I was using so I pulled the box apart and put 3 15 watt cfl should be a little better till I get or need bigger lights so here are some pics
image607.jpg
image606.jpg

So if you bin fallowing I started this with 1 42 Watt bulb and some coke bottles well after picking up a few more used computers pulling int the naborhood out for the trash was an old peavey 115 gituar cab. So neadless to say I'm scrapping the smallest tower and salvaging it for parts. It has a huge opening on the bottom and 4 CPU fans pulling co air in and 4 computer case fans blowin the heat out makes very good circulation and kept the look of the cabnet it's not finished yet but here are some pics any way
image616.jpg
image615.jpg
image609.jpg

Well here is an up date the boxes in the pics are done and gone I built a new cabnet put 6 cfl in the veg part and a 150 hps in the flower box today they wer under the cfl sir a week and not sexing yet I took clones from the plants and then started budding the mothers backward I know but if the mothers turn out to be fathers then I scrap them if they are fem well we will have nugs here are some pics of the box set up I know the post says pc but well a cupple pc just ain't going to cut it the box isn't done yet still needs paint to help the light I salvaged most of the parts out of the other cabs tell me what u think

oh and for those keeping track the 2 on the right are the 2 that wer started in the pc but i think 1 is going to be male we will just have to see

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

The grow went not as we'll as expected 1 plant went out of control and the other had no density in the buds the problems I seemed to be having where not optimum since the last update I have bin workin on the genetics now I have harvested Better the last was 3/4 oz per dry. Of nice dense fruit. I haven't took pics but the next Harv is coming and I will update then but it is amazing what can be done with 150 watt hps

Back
Top Bottom