Blaze's Journey Into Fire Organics: LOS Mix, Bag Seed, 2016

20170313_120928.jpg
20170313_103520.jpg
20170313_103403.jpg
20170313_103505.jpg

here is my new tray from raw its there largest one they have there XL jus figured id throw it in there lol also my new kieef collector box i forget what they r really called the thing u put smoke in and shake to get kief and it has a220 micron screen or 200 i cant member which but one of those

20170313_121206.jpg
20170313_121025.jpg
20170313_121235.jpg
20170313_121402.jpg
20170313_121439.jpg

here is the process of seting the new tent up man it was a bitch i cudnt do it alone and ended up braking a corner piece so had to call a friend and have him help me set it up but here it is nice and done and has my 1 600 watt led from vipraspectra and 2 150 watt marshydro leds insisde and rite now all i got is my one last broken simmons and my early vixen and purple kush all organic in my los mix here they are
20170313_190024.jpg
20170313_190038.jpg

thts a shot from outside and then one from inside with the girls anyways tht is the update for to day ohhh wait i also upped my fuse breaker box to a 30 amp i believe aand it was only a 20 so im hoping now i wont need my hps ill be able to get a inline fan or whatever it is tht i need tht hooks up to ducting to suck heat out of the tent.

hey does any1 know y the buds tht i am trying backbuilding on arent getting any bigger or is it maybe jus not put on the size till towards the end?? here is a few pics of a few buds tht i havnt done any backbuilding on yet
20170314_232526.jpg
20170314_232508.jpg
20170314_232514.jpg

and here are some tht are being worked on and i dnt see much of a difference except tht the ones i clipped todo the backbuilding on them r growing alil slower since now needing to heal from the lil cut. am i maybe doing to much cutting wen doing my backbuilding?? well here r the 1s i have started backbuilding
20170314_232519.jpg
20170314_232526.jpg
20170314_232532.jpg

20170314_232514.jpg

and here are some tht are being worked on and i dnt see much of a difference except tht the ones i clipped todo the backbuilding on them r growing alil slower since now needing to heal from the lil cut. am i maybe doing to much cutting wen doing my backbuilding?? well here r the 1s i have started backbuilding
20170314_232519.jpg

I've only done backbuilding a couple of times - As far as I could tell it changes the shape away from the top photo, what I call 'christmas tree shape' to the second photo, what I call 'turd shape.'
(The names sound better as sub-vocal ideas in my head - honest :rofl: )

Is the more pill shape of a backbuilt bud 'larger' or more 'productive'? - I couldn't say.
Does it make a 'better' bud with more 'bag appeal'? - Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I don't think you hurt your buds. It's usually not so much that they are growing slower as they aren't growing at the leading tip - They are growing in the middle and back end of the bud.

I've only done backbuilding a couple of times - As far as I could tell it changes the shape away from the top photo, what I call 'christmas tree shape' to the second photo, what I call 'turd shape.'
(The names sound better as sub-vocal ideas in my head - honest :rofl: )

Is the more pill shape of a backbuilt bud 'larger' or more 'productive'? - I couldn't say.
Does it make a 'better' bud with more 'bag appeal'? - Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I don't think you hurt your buds. It's usually not so much that they are growing slower as they aren't growing at the leading tip - They are growing in the middle and back end of the bud.
K well im hoping they dont turn out xtra leafy like my previous strains instead of bulking up with bud they wud have chunks of like lil leaf clusters n it ends up always smelling like hay or at best no smell n ruining my batch i feel altho i still get high i want better smell n flavor plus not so harsh a smoke so thts y i was wondering wen or how to bulk up the bud and not the leaf lol if tht makes sense. ill post sum pics 2morow if i can get my camera 2 zoom in close n clear enuf to show u on my other plant what im talkn about about the leaf clusters.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

K well im hoping they dont turn out xtra leafy like my previous strains instead of bulking up with bud they wud have chunks of like lil leaf clusters n it ends up always smelling like hay or at best no smell n ruining my batch i feel altho i still get high i want better smell n flavor plus not so harsh a smoke so thts y i was wondering wen or how to bulk up the bud and not the leaf lol if tht makes sense. ill post sum pics 2morow if i can get my camera 2 zoom in close n clear enuf to show u on my other plant what im talkn about about the leaf clusters.

As far as good size and good quality buds,

I think you are getting there. When I think of leafy buds, I think of sativas and genetics. You are switching to name brand seeds and clones of name brand seeds, and you are moving towards better genetics, so that is getting better :)

When I think of good size buds, I think of bigger, better roots and stems when the plant goes into flower. I think of good temp and humidity during flower. I think of finding that right nutritional balance. I think of good light. In your larger tent, I'd like to see extra time in veg. A few weeks can potentially double your yield by doubling the size of your buds. Worth it! Running seperate veg and flower areas, especially in a perpetual grow, really makes it easier to veg for a longer time because you no longer are 'waiting' to flip into flower and delaying your whole harvest. You are getting there :) You've been paying attentionto temp and humidity, so do what you are doing now, tune your overall environment more towards great flower humidity and temps. I can't say anything about your LED lights - they look plenty good to me - but I don't really get LED lights. I know there are good ones. The best ones are expensive.

Finding the right nutritional routine for the right soil is key. I have been impressed by Bobrown14 for a long time. But I was too arrogant, lasy, or ignorant to actually follow what he does. If you follow his advice until you understand it, you will be a master grower. Good luck with that. I respect where you are going even though I didn't get there. In martial arts terms, I just couldn't master Tae Kwan Do so I switched to Tai Chi.

The grassy smoke is something you should not be having with a living soil. So talk to us about how you are drying. I'm sure you've mentioned how you dry before, but I haven't had grassy smell and taste since the brick weed in the 70s. People spend a lot of time talking about 'the cure' to bring out the sweetness and richness. I notice more difference with bud washing than curing. But even without washing, the taste is good. Most of the time, the full flavor is there the day I finish drying and the buds are darn near the best they will ever be within a week after I jar the buds. So.. how do you plan to dry these girls when you harvest?

Sorry if I come off lecturing again. I'm ttrying to talk it out and help sort through the issue so you get better results.

As far as good size and good quality buds,

I think you are getting there. When I think of leafy buds, I think of sativas and genetics. You are switching to name brand seeds and clones of name brand seeds, and you are moving towards better genetics, so that is getting better :)

When I think of good size buds, I think of bigger, better roots and stems when the plant goes into flower. I think of good temp and humidity during flower. I think of finding that right nutritional balance. I think of good light. In your larger tent, I'd like to see extra time in veg. A few weeks can potentially double your yield by doubling the size of your buds. Worth it! Running seperate veg and flower areas, especially in a perpetual grow, really makes it easier to veg for a longer time because you no longer are 'waiting' to flip into flower and delaying your whole harvest. You are getting there :) You've been paying attentionto temp and humidity, so do what you are doing now, tune your overall environment more towards great flower humidity and temps. I can't say anything about your LED lights - they look plenty good to me - but I don't really get LED lights. I know there are good ones. The best ones are expensive.

Finding the right nutritional routine for the right soil is key. I have been impressed by Bobrown14 for a long time. But I was too arrogant, lasy, or ignorant to actually follow what he does. If you follow his advice until you understand it, you will be a master grower. Good luck with that. I respect where you are going even though I didn't get there. In martial arts terms, I just couldn't master Tae Kwan Do so I switched to Tai Chi.

The grassy smoke is something you should not be having with a living soil. So talk to us about how you are drying. I'm sure you've mentioned how you dry before, but I haven't had grassy smell and taste since the brick weed in the 70s. People spend a lot of time talking about 'the cure' to bring out the sweetness and richness. I notice more difference with bud washing than curing. But even without washing, the taste is good. Most of the time, the full flavor is there the day I finish drying and the buds are darn near the best they will ever be within a week after I jar the buds. So.. how do you plan to dry these girls when you harvest?

Sorry if I come off lecturing again. I'm ttrying to talk it out and help sort through the issue so you get better results.

no man not at all please lecture away lol u know way more then me wen it comes to gardening so all and any info u got i will gladly accept rant away haha yeah i dnt have any gardening skills really i mean ive helped out in the garden alil bit over the years with my grandparents but didnt really learn much not atleast like whats good for plants nutrition wise jus put a seed in the dirt and water it :rofl: but yea i have an auto growing rite now and it was planted the same time as a photo fem seed i have and the growth rate is wierd idk much about autos ive never grown one b4 but u wud think it wud be faster since thts the point of autos isnt it lol but yea here is my photo fem seed pineapple skunk from humboldt seeds
20170315_131743.jpg

and here is my auto blueberry from dutch passion i believe
20170315_131810.jpg

see how she has real tight spacing here its like all bunched up and short cud tht jus be because she is an indica cuz isnt blueberry and indica strain i believe it is but yea here is another shot so u can she how short she is
20170315_131902.jpg

like i was sayn i dnt know much about autos but i wud think it wud be farther along compared to the pineapple skunk then this but i cud be wrong and it might jus be the strain who knows lol im guna post it up in a auto grow thread im sub in and see if i cant get any info from sum1 over there 2 but thanx man for all the incourging words it really makes me proud wen gud ass growers like urself say i have sum gud skill wen it comes to growing this herb so jus wanted to say :thanks: and that it means alot :Namaste:

That HSO Pineapple Skunk looks a lot like my Hawaiian Skunk. Makes sense: pineapples, Hawaii. If I remember right from SeedFinder, Pineapple Skunk is Hawaiian Skunk crossed with Skunk #1 - anyway I mention it because Hawaiian Skunk is my fastest grower in veg. I think it's those big as' skunk leaves.

Still, I agree. From what I have seen most autos really blow away photoperiods in growth. A couple of days ago, a newbie here claimed 80 days from seed to a harvest of 16 oz. I asked him if he really grew the equivalent of 6 grams per day on one plant and he replied it was done in coco with big LEDs and pushing the nutes hard. I didn't see the grow in acion, but dang that's impressive growth. I'd say 2 oz in 110 days is more common - but still dang fast.

Both those girls look like they have their roots hooked up and are ready to grow.

I'm going to start my first auto next week. It shoud be fun :)

That HSO Pineapple Skunk looks a lot like my Hawaiian Skunk. Makes sense: pineapples, Hawaii. If I remember right from SeedFinder, Pineapple Skunk is Hawaiian Skunk crossed with Skunk #1 - anyway I mention it because Hawaiian Skunk is my fastest grower in veg. I think it's those big as' skunk leaves.

Still, I agree. From what I have seen most autos really blow away photoperiods in growth. A couple of days ago, a newbie here claimed 80 days from seed to a harvest of 16 oz. I asked him if he really grew the equivalent of 6 grams per day on one plant and he replied it was done in coco with big LEDs and pushing the nutes hard. I didn't see the grow in acion, but dang that's impressive growth. I'd say 2 oz in 110 days is more common - but still dang fast.

Both those girls look like they have their roots hooked up and are ready to grow.

I'm going to start my first auto next week. It shoud be fun :)

thank u rad n jus to let u no my pineapple skunk is a photo and my blueberry is the auto but yea so idk if i showed u my new cloner box setup but here it is
20170316_121834.jpg

i only got 1 clone going rite now and its of my purple kush and i took it during flower but looky here nice long roots alil on the thin side but atleast they are all clear and not brown and mushy but yea here they are
20170316_121917.jpg

so wud u say those are gud looking roots or is clear bad to do they need to be white does tht mean healthy or is clear healthy as well??

thank u rad n jus to let u no my pineapple skunk is a photo and my blueberry is the auto but yea so idk if i showed u my new cloner box setup but here it is
20170316_121834.jpg

i only got 1 clone going rite now and its of my purple kush and i took it during flower but looky here nice long roots alil on the thin side but atleast they are all clear and not brown and mushy but yea here they are
20170316_121917.jpg

so wud u say those are gud looking roots or is clear bad to do they need to be white does tht mean healthy or is clear healthy as well??

clear roots are young roots - these should be nice in 3-5 days.

I let my cloner run out of water 2 nights ago. ugh.
Fiingers crossed that the ASD with clear roots that size comes back from it's limp leaved, dry roots state.

What's underneath the covers of your cloner box?

clear roots are young roots - these should be nice in 3-5 days.

I let my cloner run out of water 2 nights ago. ugh.
Fiingers crossed that the ASD with clear roots that size comes back from it's limp leaved, dry roots state.

What's underneath the covers of your cloner box?
What do u mean whats under the covers of my cloner?? Like what am i using for a rooting solution?

nice and ok thanx for all the info u cleared alot of things up for me and tht is what im guna do 2nite is start up a tea of kelp meal and ewc then water in n there neex feeding schedual i jus gave all the girls sum alfalfa tea to help biist the buds in the flower room and hopfully the veg tent will hurry up and start doing there thing lol but yea thanx brotha ill do the kelp and ewc tea and c how they like it should i also do a foiler spray with the kelp ewc tea??

What I do with the Kelp Meal is rehydrate it say 1 cup of kelp meal to a quart jar of water.. let that sit in water over night. Next day put that into a blender and blend the kelp meal down ... pour that mix with the water back into the quart jar. Put that in the back of the fridge and let it sit over night. The water will come to the top and it will be a sorta brownish color. Strain that liquid into your sprayer and spray that as a foiler.. That liquid usually gives me several foilers .... don't forget to mix that with water.. I usually put say 1-2 tbs of that kelp water in with a 1/2 gal water and foiler with my normal IPM routine/ingredients.

Now the kelp meal that's in the jar, you can use that at 1-2 tbs into your water and water in with your normal watering routine. You can do that say every other watering... or mix it with some malted grains ground up and water in.

For flowers and getting the ladies to really shine thru with big flowers, malted grain teas are my go to. 1x a week, 1oz of ground up malted grain, malted barely, malted corn or malted Buckwheat or mix them together to make up 1 oz... doesn't have to be exact. I use a beater coffee grinder and 1oz of malted grains fills the coffee grinder and grind to a fine powder. Watch the ladies love you...

Timing on the teas is important. Like you've been doing, the Alfalfa teas are good in VEG and early flower since that tea is high in (N) nitrogen so we want the plant to store that up for later when she starts looking for nutrients in the big fan leaves later one say after 40 days in flower... and senescence starts picking up... amino acids and enzymes (why we are using malted grains) play a very important role with the N cycle within the plant. So taper off the N (alfalfa) teas and ramp up the enzyme teas (malted grains) going into mid and late flower. I've been adding in some ground malted grain to my soil mix as well, so its there to help with the N uptake with the younger plants.

Sometimes this promotes ugly plants with beautiful flowers... meaning those big leaves we are going to compost or make tea with, will loose green color, start to curl... look ugly ... sometimes if we are lucky, fall colors, then the leaves fall off. The plant is done with them. All of that is so the plant can produce flowers and seeds. We humans intervene with the seed part.

There's some serious science about this process... driven of course by the almighty dollar. Nitrogen fertilizer is the most expensive and the most damaging chemical fert for our environment so there's a bunch of scientific studies done on this whole process.

Here's an article that I found interesting:

Nitrogen uptake, assimilation and remobilization in plants: challenges for sustainable and productive agriculture | Annals of Botany | Oxford Academic

Thank me later for your brain freeze.. I got it too... hahahahaha Time to puff.... :roorrip:

You may wonder ... why don't I just by the bottles and forget about all the (not)work?

First is quality first, quality 2nd... and quality 3rd.... and puff puff... pass :passitleft:

What I do with the Kelp Meal is rehydrate it say 1 cup of kelp meal to a quart jar of water.. let that sit in water over night. Next day put that into a blender and blend the kelp meal down ... pour that mix with the water back into the quart jar. Put that in the back of the fridge and let it sit over night. The water will come to the top and it will be a sorta brownish color. Strain that liquid into your sprayer and spray that as a foiler.. That liquid usually gives me several foilers .... don't forget to mix that with water.. I usually put say 1-2 tbs of that kelp water in with a 1/2 gal water and foiler with my normal IPM routine/ingredients.

Now the kelp meal that's in the jar, you can use that at 1-2 tbs into your water and water in with your normal watering routine. You can do that say every other watering... or mix it with some malted grains ground up and water in.

For flowers and getting the ladies to really shine thru with big flowers, malted grain teas are my go to. 1x a week, 1oz of ground up malted grain, malted barely, malted corn or malted Buckwheat or mix them together to make up 1 oz... doesn't have to be exact. I use a beater coffee grinder and 1oz of malted grains fills the coffee grinder and grind to a fine powder. Watch the ladies love you...

Timing on the teas is important. Like you've been doing, the Alfalfa teas are good in VEG and early flower since that tea is high in (N) nitrogen so we want the plant to store that up for later when she starts looking for nutrients in the big fan leaves later one say after 40 days in flower... and senescence starts picking up... amino acids and enzymes (why we are using malted grains) play a very important role with the N cycle within the plant. So taper off the N (alfalfa) teas and ramp up the enzyme teas (malted grains) going into mid and late flower. I've been adding in some ground malted grain to my soil mix as well, so its there to help with the N uptake with the younger plants.

Sometimes this promotes ugly plants with beautiful flowers... meaning those big leaves we are going to compost or make tea with, will loose green color, start to curl... look ugly ... sometimes if we are lucky, fall colors, then the leaves fall off. The plant is done with them. All of that is so the plant can produce flowers and seeds. We humans intervene with the seed part.

There's some serious science about this process... driven of course by the almighty dollar. Nitrogen fertilizer is the most expensive and the most damaging chemical fert for our environment so there's a bunch of scientific studies done on this whole process.

Here's an article that I found interesting:

Nitrogen uptake, assimilation and remobilization in plants: challenges for sustainable and productive agriculture | Annals of Botany | Oxford Academic

Thank me later for your brain freeze.. I got it too... hahahahaha Time to puff.... :roorrip:

You may wonder ... why don't I just by the bottles and forget about all the (not)work?

First is quality first, quality 2nd... and quality 3rd.... and puff puff... pass :passitleft:

lol yeah i quit askn y dnt u go to bottle nutes after my first full los run ill NEVER go back to chem nutes this organics is the best tasting stuff i ever had cause if this stuff ive grown tht smells like hay and one jar smells nuthn and the other jar jus stinks lol but a gud stink i dnt even no how 2 describe how it smells but man wen i break it up it REEKS really sour with a slight gas/fuel smell but in jar not to impressed but it has gotten really really smooth soif this crap is atleasts gets me by i cant wait to see how it turns out now I'm working with good genetics

small update in the veg room today i built alil stand to boost the plants closer to the lights here she is b4 i put the girls back on herand 1 with em back in place i plan on ordering another prolly 600w vipraspectra led light to put in my flower tent and then i can bring one of my other 150w mars hydro into my veg tent so i will then have 3 150w mars hydro and one cfl i forgot the watt but here is the veg tent now
20170316_210110.jpg
20170316_210637.jpg

an update in the flower tent with alil bud porn up first is purple kush fem from cks
20170316_210751.jpg
20170316_210758.jpg
20170316_210804.jpg
20170316_210811.jpg
20170316_210816.jpg
20170316_210825.jpg
20170316_210845.jpg
20170316_210845.jpg
20170316_210850.jpg
20170316_210905.jpg
20170316_210911.jpg
20170316_210919.jpg

up next is early vixen her triches are about 5% amber 15 to 20% clear and 75 to 80%cloudy i didn't know u cud still have sum clear and still get others to turn amber but here she is man i cant wait for the nex 2 weeks about cause I'm giving a guesstimate she will be goin in2 the chop shop sumtime inbetween then but here she is early vixen from cks
20170316_210957.jpg
20170316_211005.jpg
20170316_211011.jpg
20170316_211018.jpg
20170316_211032.jpg
20170316_211038.jpg
20170316_211047.jpg

and last but not least is my one last broken genetics strain broken simmons lol here she is no amber jus cloudy and still a few clear
20170316_211122.jpg
20170316_211138.jpg
20170316_211144.jpg
20170316_211155.jpg
20170316_211215.jpg
20170316_211211.jpg
20170316_211200.jpg

anyway hope u all enjoy :Namaste:

sorry for the crappy pic i got a new camera and it turns out tht it sucks lol ill be going back 2morow to return it and get another1 tht works haha but 4 serious ill have better pics soon hopefully

it sprays or mists the roots it has a manifold tht has 13 lil nozzle sprayers below in the reservoir is tht what u mean??

Yeah - that was my question. I just wanted to make sure you were rocking cloning like you are rocking the rest of the grow.

up next is early vixen her triches are about 5% amber 15 to 20% clear and 75 to 80%cloudy i didn't know u cud still have sum clear and still get others to turn amber but here she is man i cant wait for the nex 2 weeks about cause I'm giving a guesstimate she will be goin in2 the chop shop sumtime inbetween then but here she is early vixen from cks
20170316_210957.jpg

Speaking of rocking a grow - gorgeous girl, and all natural :)

You are in a harvest window with those trichomes, how deep into amber will you let her go?

ill let her go about 50/50ish or rite about there lol I hope the buds plump up alil more the pics make her look way bigger then she really is haha but thanx man I appreciate the kind words they keep me goin lol :Namaste: brotha and gud luck on ur grow keep it green and stay frosty my friend

Yeah - that was my question. I just wanted to make sure you were rocking cloning like you are rocking the rest of the grow.

Speaking of rocking a grow - gorgeous girl, and all natural :)

You are in a harvest window with those trichomes, how deep into amber will you let her go?

+2 on rocking the ladies there Blaze... that Vixen looks real good. Just started amber pistols too... man that's a big plant as well.

That should make a nice party bro! Just sayin....

Yer rocking it .... very nice.

What's up with Droopy? Lots of green too... me thinks WAY too much green this far along. So too much N ... plant is confused. I pretty much always have the opposite of that, my soil runs out of N about 1/2 or so into flower and they start to loose/change color.

I'm always looking for some color change down the stretch. That tells me senescence is taking place and the plant is diverting energy into bud building. Some plants wont change color too much but most do. Try a malted grain tea watered down of course... or just get some PURE coconut water and dilute and water and spray in/on... I rarely foiler spray my plants without pure coconut water.

Read the label.. no preservatives ONLY pure coconut water. It's EXTREMELY healthful for your plants AND you! Or get a young coconut - the ones with the skins chopped off at the Asian store, poke hole.. take a drink and collect the rest for the ladies. Game changer...

idk why the droopy 1 is staying so green I think I over did the alfalfa teas she is the only 1 to do this but yea man thanx for the info as 4 the coconut I do add it about 2 3 times a month also what about Epsom salt do u add tht 2 ur plants ill be doing a kelp tea 2nite so in like 2days wen the girls r ready to be fed I can give em sum kelp also ill be doing a foiler kelp spray then as well

+2 on rocking the ladies there Blaze... that Vixen looks real good. Just started amber pistols too... man that's a big plant as well.

That should make a nice party bro! Just sayin....

Yer rocking it .... very nice.

What's up with Droopy? Lots of green too... me thinks WAY too much green this far along. So too much N ... plant is confused. I pretty much always have the opposite of that, my soil runs out of N about 1/2 or so into flower and they start to loose/change color.

I'm always looking for some color change down the stretch. That tells me senescence is taking place and the plant is diverting energy into bud building. Some plants wont change color too much but most do. Try a malted grain tea watered down of course... or just get some PURE coconut water and dilute and water and spray in/on... I rarely foiler spray my plants without pure coconut water.

Read the label.. no preservatives ONLY pure coconut water. It's EXTREMELY healthful for your plants AND you! Or get a young coconut - the ones with the skins chopped off at the Asian store, poke hole.. take a drink and collect the rest for the ladies. Game changer...

Back
Top Bottom