Blazinjones's Hydro - Ebb 'n Flow - Grow Journal - 2016

Those are exactly what I was looking for and I think they look good. It took you some time to (hopefully, now!) get things under control, and it's a little but late, so I wouldn't expect these plants to produce at their max, but it's a great learning experience.

Right now, focus on maintaining a good environment including PH and just stick to a basic nutrient schedule and you'll get these girls to harvest!

:goodjob:

Yea Thts wat I figured but its a fun learning experience and as 4 the ph I check it every time b4 i turn on my pump n water the girls I do tht 2 or 3 times a day and as for the RH I had 2 take the portable ac unit out do 2 blowing breakers so untill I get my mars hydro setups I have 2 keep it rite outside the room in the doorway n jus shoot the cold air into the room via. Fan

Hang in there Blazinjones,

hydro almost killed my interest in this hobby but after months and months of dragging my feet I finally feel better about the whole ordeal.

Think about Coco as a Noob's best friend if you ever want to give something easier a try

V:bongrip:

What is coco?? N wud it work in an ebb and flow table

You don't need all that silly stuff with coco. It uses hydroponic nutrients which you have, and some buckets like a soil grow.

I had a ebb and flow table when all I really wanted was to grow easy weed. Needless to say my E+F went to the crusher a long time ago.

I'm just sharing my opinion of what is to come and you're going to want a lot more weed then what these candidates are going to give you.

So while they finish up, start popping seeds and think about something other than crazy old ebb and flow, that's what the Vlad did.

You don't need all that silly stuff with coco. It uses hydroponic nutrients which you have, and some buckets like a soil grow.

I had a ebb and flow table when all I really wanted was to grow easy weed. Needless to say my E+F went to the crusher a long time ago.

I'm just sharing my opinion of what is to come and you're going to want a lot more weed then what these candidates are going to give you.

So while they finish up, start popping seeds and think about something other than crazy old ebb and flow, that's what the Vlad did.

Vlad, I appreciate your perspective and I do believe your opinion is valuable but every growing technique comes with it's own set of "pros & cons" and none of them are easy enough to compensate for things like temp's over 90*F or PH that's way out of whack.

I won't say one growing method is better than any other but there are very good growers, and novices, using virtually all growing methods with great results and, in each case, it's simply a matter of getting the grow "dialed in".

I promise there are people a LOT dumber that BOTH you and Blazin' that are doing ebb & flow successfully!

I definitely would encourage everyone to try different methods and find the one that works best for you, but I wouldn't abandon any proven method in defeat or try to convince anyone that my method (which is NOT ebb & flow!) is any better than any others.

Blazin' has only had his first journal up for just over 30 days. Give him a chance to learn and get dialed in and he'll be fine!

Once he is, I'd certainly encourage him and anyone else to try coco, soil, etc. Hell, I use Sure to Grow, and may be the only one here on :420: that does! But, you'll read me swearing in my earlier journals I would never use it again and was going to switch.
:Namaste:

Now Now esteemed colleagues nobody is trying to "impose" anything,

that's what the government does, with their militant rainbows and agendas.

Just be glad it's friday night and many get to hop off of the grueling hamster wheel.

I like the struggle, it's fun :bongrip:

I'm glad though that the owner of the journal has an open mind and won't take any of this as destructive criticism.

Now Now esteemed colleagues nobody is trying to "impose" anything,

that's what the government does, with their militant rainbows and agendas.

Just be glad it's friday night and many get to hop off of the grueling hamster wheel.

I like the struggle, it's fun :bongrip:

I'm glad though that the owner of the journal has an open mind and won't take any of this as destructive criticism.

It's no worries, Brother, and I know your comment are purely constructive. New growers get bombarded with everyone telling them to do things differently and it can be confusing for them. Read my "Top 5 Lessons" link in my sig and you'll understand where I'm coming from. :high-five:

So I finally went ahead n orderd a grow tent its 4x4x7 I've always jus made a home made setup using tinfoil n usually puting it in a closet but I figured this tyme I wud go all out so hopefully in a few days tht will show up I can't wait

So I finally went ahead n orderd a grow tent its 4x4x7 I've always jus made a home made setup using tinfoil n usually puting it in a closet but I figured this tyme I wud go all out so hopefully in a few days tht will show up I can't wait

Congrat's on the new tent! :high-five:

If you haven't already, you're going to need to also look at some ventilation and likely also a carbon scrubber (or something) for odor control.

You'll probably need at LEAST a 6" inline fan to effectively maintain temps (even with the new LED's!) and avoid mold.

The rule of thumb is that you want to replace the air in the tent every minute. So, with a 4'x4'x7' tent you have 112 cubic feet in your tent, however, any bends in the ducting requires more power from the fan and the carbon filter will also restrict airflow, so you need to add more fan power to accommodate for that. In addition, with a larger fan, you can run it at a less power to achieve the same venting and, usually, it's more quiet running at the slower speeds.

So, you should probably also have something like a 400-500+ CFM fan.

What is a carbon scrubber I've heard people talon about it but idk wat it is I'm pretty sure it has sumthn to do with the filters jus not sure exactly what

Yeah, it's also called a "can filter". It attaches to the fan so the fan sucks all the air in the growroom through the cabon filter and removes the odor before venting it out of the tent.

K so wen I wen to feed the ladies I decided to check the temp n RH n for my soil setup temp was 82.4°f and RH is 46% and they are in veg stage
My hydro setup temp is 82.2°f. And the RH is 47% and the res. Temp is 79.0°f

K so wen I wen to feed the ladies I decided to check the temp n RH n for my soil setup temp was 82.4°f and RH is 46% and they are in veg stage
My hydro setup temp is 82.2°f. And the RH is 47% and the res. Temp is 79.0°f

Both me and your res temp are a little high but don't worry about me - I'll be fine! It's the res temp you should be focused on! :)

Temporary solution would be adding some frozen water bottles to the res. I'd also make sure you have an airstone in there to help prevent bacteria growth.

20160814_015917.jpg

20160814_015929.jpg

These are my seedlings 2 weeks since put into soil except the big big one there I put tht back into veg 2 weeks ago n the empty lookn cups actually have lil seeds in there tht I jus put into the soil like 2days ago and that strain is alien kush so I really hope those end up being female I had 2 of 4 seeds sprout a tap root wen I germinated them in a wet paper towel inside a Ziploc baggie in a dark cupboard for 3 days but i planted the 2 tht didn't sprout a tap root anyway in hopes they will grow but yea ima post a few pics of my hydro ladies 2 so u can c the buds starting 2 come along:)

Wen I had the air stone in there it was makn all tht foam so I took it out and then the foam stoped but ur sayn I shud put it back in??

I'm not familiar enough with your nutes. Some organic nutes should not be used in a res with an airstone. However, it's a way to prevent algae and other bacteria from growing in the res with synthetic (and most other) nutes. It's more important to get your temps down and then you won't have to worry about it as much. Res temps should be under 75*F.

Back
Top Bottom