Blazinjones's Hydro - Ebb 'n Flow - Grow Journal - 2016

20160914_201734.jpg

20160914_201922.jpg

This is my hydro lady and idk if its a problem r not but its got about a week Ana half to 2weeks left n I'm noticing the stem has purple/reddish blotches on it

Can any1 tell me when u r lookn at the triches and waiting for them 2 turn from clear to milky to Amber when going to the Amber part what turns first the head of the triche or the stalk part cuz I dnt think I'm seeing any Amber triches yet so I was wondering what part turns Amber color first?? If sum1 cud let me no I wud really appreciate it thank you

No worries on the purple stems.

Look at the heads of the trichomes, which is where the THC is stored. When the heads are milky, it's packed with THC. As it matures, first the head and then the whole stem of the trichome will start turning amber. When it's amber, the THC is starting to be converted to CBN which will give more of a "couchlock" effect.

Wen I'm lookn at the buds with my microscope there all like milky every now and then u will c a clear part but not much and 2day I think I finally seen an Amber triche head so I'm guna give it a few more days 2 develop alil more Amber color cuz I like tht couch lock effect lol but ima keep an eye on it every day. what wud u say wud b the best time 2 harvest 4 the effect I'm going for? I like the more indica strains but since idk wat the strain is the best I can do is harvest at the right time n go for the couch lock effect with the triches am I right??

Wen I'm lookn at the buds with my microscope there all like milky every now and then u will c a clear part but not much and 2day I think I finally seen an Amber triche head so I'm guna give it a few more days 2 develop alil more Amber color cuz I like tht couch lock effect lol but ima keep an eye on it every day. what wud u say wud b the best time 2 harvest 4 the effect I'm going for? I like the more indica strains but since idk wat the strain is the best I can do is harvest at the right time n go for the couch lock effect with the triches am I right??

I always recommend taking samples when close to harvest time with a new strain since trichome color isn't always a good indication of when to harvest. By sampling, you can get it where you like it, then check the trichome color and chop future harvests when you have THAT mix of trichomes.

That being said, the OLD "rule of thumb" used to be 20% amber, then chop.

Thts what I did yesterday was took one of the lil lower buds but what is a gud way 2 dry it and cure it fast so I can try it and how long shud I do tht b4 I do try it

There's no way to cure it quick but you just want a quick dry to test effect. The taste will improve with the cure. There are a number of ways to do a quick dry. Just make sure it's broken into some small pieces and it will likely be dry enough to test if left out overnight. You can leave on a cable box or fridge if you want to add some heat to speed it up.

Be VERY careful if you decide to try a toaster or oven. It will turn to dust very quickly unless you have it on a VERY low setting and check every minute or two!

I've used a food dehydrator in the past, too. :)

Awesome I took the other day alil bud n left it out over night n then put it in a lil Ziploc baggie n it smells like hay inside the bag:( I hope tht the rest of the plant don't end up like tht I took alil bigger one 2day and hung it up with alil sewing thread n guna let it sit out 4 the nite and c if tht 1 dnt end up smelling alil better

I jus smoked the lil buds I pickd off the other day n broke it up into lil chunks. at first it smelled like hay then as I broke it up it started 2 smell like a citrus lemony scent n it was stoney as shit the bud was super hard n I packd alil bowl in my bong n got 5 hits and I got tht happy giggly kinda high I felt it slightly in the eyes and head alil more then the body but I really liked the happy effect I love tht kinda smoke when u smoke a bowl and everything is jus funny I haven't had tht kinda smoke in a while so I think ima harvest 2nite so any1 got any tips on how I shud do this shud I clip the whole stem with the buds on it so I can hang em or shud I jus clip right at the bud ends n lay em out on sumthn??

Plus I need more room to put all my others tht are done veging into flower and my flower room is all full so since I need the room and I like the high so far I feel safe in harvesting 2nite jus need 2 no what people think will get me the best flavor and smell out of this batch cuz the lil bud I quick dried smelld like hay n I dnt want tht so any1 tht cud help me out I wud greatly appreciate it thank you

Freshly clipped buds will always taste/smell like grass/hay until you do a cure. Once dried, you should cure them in jars for about two weeks and longer is better. It will lose the hay smell and develop that citrus/lemony scent more.

Here's some info:

How To Cure Your Marijuana Crop

20160918_113649.jpg

The above pic is the buds from my one hydro plant I harvested which was about 10 grams. I'm guessn about 8 grams wen it is fully cured. The other plant didn't have any bud structure at all really so I'm guna make that into hash :)

K so I I opend the jar again 2day and it had a light sour earthy smell and wen I broke up alil bud it smelld super sour with a weird earthy fruity citrus smell it smelld amazing as I broke it up and was sticky as hell lol but wen I put it in my bong it didn't hav tht big of a flavor :( but still I got a nice body high tht I hope will get alil stronger as well as the taste given alil more time 2 cure but over all a nice happy euphoric high it kinda gave me perma grin for like a half hour lol idk if it was jus cuz I was so stoked at finally smoking sumthn I grew myself or if it was cuz of the buzz but I'm guna sneak in a bud with a bowl I smoke in the nex few days with a friend and c wat they say lol

So yea its been very fun and i have learned so much from this site and every1 here a special shout out 2 mr.krip i really wudnt have learnd so much for hydro if it wasnt for u thanx again man and once my shed is up and running u best believe i will b bak at the hydro pool again lol i dipped my toes in this tyme n almost never went back if i wudnt hav had it in the house i wuda never stoped it was jus 2 much hassel dragging the res. All the way across the house n it splashn everywhere lol was jus 2 much for inside so im doin soil now and got the green forest up and running so yea any1 tht has stopped by this journal feel free 2 come by my current one I'm doing its in my signature any1 tht has any helpful insight or sees me doin sumthn wrong please speak up I dnt mind constructive criticism anyhow I went ona bit of rant there lol but yea every1 have a great night/day depending on where u r and hope 2 c every1 in my new journal

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

That reminds me of my first hydro harvest :bongrip:

Anyway, I hope the experience has enriched your perspective on how to grow weed.

I recommend new journal now that you've washed your hands of this experiment :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom