Blazins 3rd X's a Charm Bonananza - 6 Strains C02 DWC Hempy HID CFL

BlazinUSA

Welcome everyone to my 3rd journal I believe here at 420. In the past funding and much indecisiveness due to lack of knowledge created certain road blocks for me as a grower. As some of you will already know a very unfortunate event led to the in-completion of my last and better of the 2 grow journals. So back now and ready to lay down some serious info here is my current operation.

Strains

Afghan Kush, Blackberry, Great White Shark, Jack Herer, Skunk, Super Lemon Haze

• Afghan Kush-
    Afghan_Kush_medium.jpeg
  • Breeder: World of Seeds
  • Sativa/Indica%: Almost 100% indica
  • Average Harvest:(Indoor) 45-55 days
  • Feminized: No
    Afghan Kush comes from the mountainous system of Hindu Kush (north of Afghanistan).
    Another pure landrace Indica Kush, grows wild in the valleys of Armu Darya rivers that border with Tajikistan and Uzbekistan. It is a variety that is very stable (almost 100% Indica) and has been the fruit of successive cross backs between wild varieties of Kush since the different races of Kush grow in a relatively reduced geographical zone.
    Afghan Kush has a very powerful smell like the best Afghani hashish. It is also a very valuable medicinal chemiotype.

• Blackberry-
    Blackberry_medium.jpeg
  • Breeder: Sativa Seedbank
  • Sativa/Indica%: Mainly Sativa
  • Average Flowering Time: 63-77 days
  • Feminized: Yes
    Blackberry's mother, Black Domino, was a marijuana clone sent to the Netherlands from the area around Seattle. Its father is Nirvana's very own Raspberry Cough. Domino's tight leaf structure has been preserved well in this marijuana hybrid. Blackberry smoke is thick and heavy with subtle hints of Asian Sativa flavours. Yields are very good for a strain that already displays so many desirable traits.

• Great White Shark-
  • Breeder:Unknown
  • Sativa/Indica%: Most Sativa
  • Average Harvest: Unknown
  • Feminized: No
    I purchased these seeds unkowning that a good rule of thumb is to stay away from super cheep seeds. Great White Shark by greenhouse is a mostly indica bush and mine is clearly sativa. Out of like 8 seeds i selected a good pheno and it just got thrown into bud today.

• Jack Herer-
    Jack_Herer.jpeg
  • Breeder: Greenhouse Seeds
  • Sativa/Indica%: mostly sativa
  • Average Flowering Time: 56 days

• Skunk
    Ceres_Skunk_1_medium.jpeg
  • Breeder: Ceres
  • Sativa/Indica%: Mostly indica
  • Average Flowering Time: 45-55 days
    Ceres Seeds` own version of a good old Skunk. This variety is also a great choice for beginners because of its stability and persistence under almost any condition! Skunk is THE original Indica x Sativa hybrid! Herbal, musky, and sweet. A nice & stoned smoke.

• Super Lemon Haze
  • Breeder: Greenhouse Seeds
  • Sativa/Indica%: Mostly Sativa
  • Average Flowering Time: 63-70 days
    The Super Lemon Haze is a very smooth compromise between the great qualities of its parents. It has 9-10 weeks flowering time, and a very typical Christmas tree shape. Plants tend to grow quite tall, but the internodes are not too far apart, and allow easy topping. The leaves are very sativa-like, while bud formation comes dense and has a high calyx-to-leaf ratio.

How many plants? 36 max, more coming soon.

Seed or Clone? All my strains originally went from seed, only a few of these girls are from seed anymore however.

Veg or Flower/How long?
Veg:
My mothers vary in age from 2 1/2 months down to about 2 weeks.
1 batch of clones is 2 weeks out of the cloner.
Batch 2 is 1 week old.
And i have a completely full cloner awaiting roots.
Flower:
2 un-wanted phenotypes of great white shark. #1 is in week 5/8 #2 is in week 4/8
My great white shark mom from seed that i will be keeping the genetics of just got put into flower today 5/10.
1 jack herer clone about 5/8 weeks

Soil or Hydro? All hempy bucket system right now, making the move to all dwc in the next 2 weeks.

All plants go from clone to 2liter hempy pots after 1.5-2 weeks in cloner.
If transplanted then into 3gal hempy pots.
Final transplant (sometimes) 5gal hempy pots.

For veg i am using mostly open space in the utility room for my mothers all under 1 400w metal halide.
When old enough clones come out of my 4x2.5x4 box equipped with 4 4ft 40w fluorescent bulbs 5000k, 2x 65w straight tube cfl's and 1 26watt cfl.

For Bloom in an 8x8x6 i will be using 3x 600w digital hps lights air cooled by a 550 cfm inline fan. Fresh air intake will be provided by the adjacent room via a 250cfm squirrel cage fan. Adequate circulation will be provided as well until the c02 all arrives. Then the Inline fans will go on thermostats to only input and exhaust, fresh and old air, when temperatures exceed 90 degrees. During this time the C02 will also be shut off somehow to conserve it.

Current temps and rh are stable during on times at about 75 and 40% humidity with 1 light, not air cooled. Night time approx 58-60 and 55% humidity.

Current fertilizers being used for the mothers are osmocote plus watered by cal/mag water ph'd to 6-6.5
Clones with no oc+ all receive strictly general hydroponics 3 part line and cal/mag at 2.5ml of each.
Blooming plants with oc+ are receiving small doses of general hydroponics micro, bloom and kool bloom in addition to cal/mag.

Pics in a bit

Re: Blazins 3rd x's a Charm Bonananza-6 Strains C02 DWC Hempy HID CFL

Has anyone ever noticed a raunchy smell in the bottom of the oc+ hempys? i dont know if it is the perlite didnt get washed very well or what but it cant be good for the plants, the perlite is white but i can definitely see the dust built up down there. Any ideas?

Alright i forgot to take my camera with me 2 the bud room today but i got some pics of my veg.

All these have been my mothers for now, ive gotten 2 rounds of clones from these, some already planted and over in the bud room and a good majority of them here in veg still and another cloner full.

Skunk
IMAG00493.JPG

Blackberry
IMAG00504.JPG

Jack Herer, this strain dominates the rest, 2 mothers.
IMAG00535.JPG

IMAG00528.JPG

Super Lemon Haze
IMAG00566.JPG

Afghan Kush, oldest and biggest of the group.
IMAG00574.JPG

Great White Shark
IMAG00594.JPG

I know this great white shark is not from greenhouse seeds because theyre brand is indica dominant. I have some of these in flower now from seed originally to select a good genotype. They are definitely sativa dominant if not pure sativa and i think the flowering time is going to outrageously long, another thing on a list of many reasons for me to get rid of this strain all together.

Group Photo
IMAG00604.JPG

Clone box
IMAG00614.JPG

Ill snap some more pics tomorrow these are like a week old already lol.

Wooo!! I love afghan kush!! :yummy: Looking forward to seeing how your grow turns out!

The afghan kush is a great strain. I've been growing it for over a year now. Watch the rh and airflow during flower, the buds get tight and are susceptible to rot. Also, you can pull it in 8 weeks, but if you have the patience let it go an extra week or 2. You'll be pleased with the added weight and added punch.
:tokin:

Wooo!! I love afghan kush!! :yummy: Looking forward to seeing how your grow turns out!

Good deal, glad to have u here sexy kush, i think i will flower my afghan mother as soon as the flower room is totally finished with c02 and all that.

The afghan kush is a great strain. I've been growing it for over a year now. Watch the rh and airflow during flower, the buds get tight and are susceptible to rot. Also, you can pull it in 8 weeks, but if you have the patience let it go an extra week or 2. You'll be pleased with the added weight and added punch.
:tokin:

thanks for the tips 1234, its great 2 have perspectives from other growers that have experience with the same strains, makes the operation go more smoothly! hope you stick around

Subscribed.
:morenutes:

Well it seems i just got this journal started and then things started to go downhill a little and then the bottom fell out on everything.
First the mothers with oc+ in the pots started showing some funky stress signs and i couldnt figure it out for the longest time. Then a few of my hydro hempys did the same thing, finally figured it out, the general organics line cal/mag should not be used in hydro type systems! waaaay 2 thick and slimy, instant problems with it in my dwc setups told me finally what the problem was.
Then my woman came down with appendicitis so with all that i have kept all the plants alive and some are now recovering, all the oc+ mothers tho got affected pretty badly i have been plucking yellowing nasty leaves for days now it seems.

On another note my hydro hempys are doing amazing, i cant say that Ive seen such overall consistent growth in anything else ive tried thus far. and to top it all off, its super easy.

Ill definitely get pictures up today, some new additions to the grow including ppm tester, trichrome scope and more!

Sorry to hear about your hassles. Glad to hear they are still alive. These things never seem to work right, but they usually manage to work.

Back
Top Bottom