Blending Oil

Good afternoon.

I use CB Dutch Treat for daytime pain meds. It's a sativa with 4% THC and 8% CBD. I only have 11 grams of it left. I didn't realise I was so low or I would have grown some in my current grow. That said, I have 3 CB Dutch Treat seedlings so I will have meds by the end of my summer grow.

In the meantime, I need to find a solution for this deficit. I have one strain that is all CBD (@Weed Seeds Express's Alpine Star CBD - ~20% CBD) and multiple strains that are all THC. These include:

• Big Devil XL (~20% THC)
  • Carnival (~23% THC)
  • Dark Devil (~17% THC)
  • Diesel (~18% THC)
  • Girl Scout Cookies (~24% THC)
  • Jack Herer (~20% THC)
  • Raspberry Cough (~21% THC)
  • Sour Diesel (~19% THC)
So, I was thinking I could create my own blend. I just need to figure out which strains to use and how much to use of each in order to get the same relief that I get with CB Dutch Treat.

And, that's what I need help with. I suck at math and I just don't know how to determine this. I infuse oil with cannabis and put it in capsules so I'm thinking I should do my blending starting with the decarb stage.

Thanks in advance.

Based on the assumption that your CB Dutch Treat actually is as stated (rarely do CBD/THC blends test as stated), here's how you would create a 8:4 CBD/THC blend using 20% CBD Alpine Star and 24% THC Girl Scout Cookies in a Magical Butter machine:

Into 2 cups of oil goes
22.5g (post-decarb weight) of Alpine Star
9.5g (post-decarb weight) of GSC

At 85% efficiency of the MB, that gives you
8.08 mg/ml of CBD
and
4.1mg/ML of THC.

According to Oldbear's spreadsheet anyway!

Good afternoon.

I use CB Dutch Treat for daytime pain meds. It's a sativa with 4% THC and 8% CBD. I only have 11 grams of it left. I didn't realise I was so low or I would have grown some in my current grow. That said, I have 3 CB Dutch Treat seedlings so I will have meds by the end of my summer grow.

In the meantime, I need to find a solution for this deficit. I have one strain that is all CBD (@Weed Seeds Express's Alpine Star CBD - ~20% CBD) and multiple strains that are all THC. These include:

• Big Devil XL (~20% THC)
  • Carnival (~23% THC)
  • Dark Devil (~17% THC)
  • Diesel (~18% THC)
  • Girl Scout Cookies (~24% THC)
  • Jack Herer (~20% THC)
  • Raspberry Cough (~21% THC)
  • Sour Diesel (~19% THC)
So, I was thinking I could create my own blend. I just need to figure out which strains to use and how much to use of each in order to get the same relief that I get with CB Dutch Treat.

And, that's what I need help with. I suck at math and I just don't know how to determine this. I infuse oil with cannabis and put it in capsules so I'm thinking I should do my blending starting with the decarb stage.

Thanks in advance.
Hi @HashGirl - I don't know from the math, but I would start with trying the 20% CBD (Alpine Star) and go 50/50 with whichever of those THC strains is the most indica. My experience is that for pain relief the indicas are better. That said, you may find that if you went 50% CBD (AS) and divided the other 50% maybe 3 or 4 to 1 with the Jack Herer, it might add a bit of the "cerebral based pain relief." I get that from Jack and a few other strains - it's like it's good at making me forget nagging pains, but it's in my head. You know? Anyway, I am blind here but that's where I would start, for what it's worth. I think your key is going to be going with at least 50% Alpine Star in the blend.

Well I know the dispensary does it all the time. I joke with Mrs cough whenever they list some product or vape or concoction as a "select hybrid blend" I'm like 'so does that means they just swept up whatever was on the trim room floor to make this?'

Based on the assumption that your CB Dutch Treat actually is as stated (rarely do CBD/THC blends test as stated), here's how you would create a 8:4 CBD/THC blend using 20% CBD Alpine Star and 24% THC Girl Scout Cookies in a Magical Butter machine:

Into 2 cups of oil goes
9.5g (post-decarb weight) of GSC

At 85% efficiency of the MB, that gives you
8.08 mg/ml of CBD
and
4.1mg/ML of THC.

According to Oldbear's spreadsheet anyway!

:thanks: Shed.

I have a Magical Butter machine but I can't use it because it has no cord. I know it came with a cord and I don't know why the cord wouldn't be with the machine because I have used the machine. I even tried emailing the Magical Butter company to see if I could get one but didn't get a reply.

Anyhow, based on all the assumptions of cannabinoids and terpenes that I have in my records is that the Big Devil XL would be a better fit with the Alpine Star than the Girl Scout Cookies. It's supposedly 18% THC so could you please help me with the math again? I've never learned how to interpret the blending portion of Old Bear's spreadsheet.

Blended Oil Recipes.jpg

Hi @HashGirl - I don't know from the math, but I would start with trying the 20% CBD (Alpine Star) and go 50/50 with whichever of those THC strains is the most indica. My experience is that for pain relief the indicas are better. That said, you may find that if you went 50% CBD (AS) and divided the other 50% maybe 3 or 4 to 1 with the Jack Herer, it might add a bit of the "cerebral based pain relief." I get that from Jack and a few other strains - it's like it's good at making me forget nagging pains, but it's in my head. You know? Anyway, I am blind here but that's where I would start, for what it's worth. I think your key is going to be going with at least 50% Alpine Star in the blend.

Hi Jon. I already have a good indica strain for nighttime pain relief so I don't need any indica here. I'm just trying to cobble together a blend that will tide me over until my CB Dutch Treat plants are ready.

@Amy Gardner (who spends her life managing her constant pain with cannameds) has always recommended a 1:1 CBD:THC ratio. You're on the same page!

I wonder how HG's CB Dutch Treat would actually test. :hmmmm:

I am planning on testing my plants but at $60 a test so $120 in total if I want both cannabinoid testing and terpene testing, which I do and multiple strains that I want tested, I have to budget for them. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I can't use it because it has no cord.
Try a power cord from a PC.
Anyhow, based on all the assumptions of cannabinoids and terpenes that I have in my records is that the Big Devil XL would be a better fit with the Alpine Star than the Girl Scout Cookies. It's supposedly 18% THC so could you please help me with the math again? I've never learned how to interpret the blending portion of Old Bear's spreadsheet.
With Big Devil XL at 18% your numbers look like this:

Into 2 cups of oil goes
12.5g (post-decarb weight) of BIg Devil XL

I have a Magical Butter machine but I can't use it because it has no cord. I know it came with a cord and I don't know why the cord wouldn't be with the machine because I have used the machine. I even tried emailing the Magical Butter company to see if I could get one but didn't get a reply.
looks like a standard desktop computer power cord
I also found one on zon pretty quick

Back
Top Bottom