BlinKey's Indoor - Coco Mix - Fem White Diesel Haze Auto Grow Journal - 2014

BlinKey

Hi Folks. I start this journal on day 17 of this grow. I thought that I needed 50 posts before I could upload pictures but I was wrong (Rep and Thanks to Antics for correcting my wrong)!!!! Not much lost so lets go!!

There are two plants that I am growing this time around and these are the details:

Stain - Seeds bought directly from supplier when I was in AMS
1 st plant Fem White Diesel Haze Auto this strain is %70 Sativa, %30 Indica
2 nd plant Fem White Haze Auto this strain is %50 Sativa, %50 Indica
Still in the seedling phase
Location - Indoors
Medium - They are in BioBizz Coco Mix with 25% vermiculite on the top 2-2.5 inches
Pots - 15 lt rectangular pots with trays
Lights - 1x 400w MH lamp
Reflectors - Non cooled regular reflector. (need the heat here in winter)
Grow Room - This is a spare bathroom with white reflective ceramic walls. 1m2 roughly 3'x3'.
Temp - while light is on around 80-81F Temp with light off is around 76-77F
Exhaust - 1x 420m2/min exhaust fan to the outside world
RH - around 60%
Pests - None (yet) but I do have a Jar with sugar water and a funnel on top to trap them.
Watering - at about once every 6-7 days right now.
Nutrients - No Ferts or Nutes yet. But will use Advanecd Nutrients Grow & Bloom & Micro Set

Last time I was in Ams I bought two strains one is the Fem Auto White haze and the other Fem Auto White Diesel haze. Wanted to try out autos for the first time.

I first put the 2 seeds in room temp water over night (seperate glasses) they both sunk.

Then planted them in jiffy. T5 CFL in a incubator / mini-greenhouse They both sprouted nice with no problems. in 2 days. The picture is only the greenhouse itself as I did not take pictures at that time :(

Sera.JPG

Next planted the jiffy into their grow medium. As stated above.

Watered with plain water (no nutes yet) twice upto date with little run off.

it is now day 17 of the grow and both plants are reacting differently. They both look very healthy. no discoloration no bad leaves nothing seems to be wrong in general but the White haze is growing and the white diesel seems to be stunted.

White haze at 3 1/4" tall 3"x3" and growing daily. 2. set of leaves growing in nice.
WH5.JPG
WH3.JPG
WH1.JPG

white diesel haze at 2 1/4" tall 3"x3" and been there for the past 6-7 days just the same. 2. set of leaves just barely visible.
WDH3.JPG
WDH2.JPG
WDH1.JPG

The light in the room. single 400w MH with a non cooled open reflector. I need the heat for winter! Just bought it new for this grow. The latter was getting old so took it out for a spare.

400wMH.JPG

This is part of the exhaust, the fan is on the outside. It is spray painted black and curved so no light exits the room into public areas. (Discretion:slide:)

Exhaust14.JPG

I will post pictures and updates on a weekly basis and any input you good folks have during the process is very welcome :Namaste:

Densenug, I have always (had 1-2 full soil grows but they dont count:) ) grown with coco and have had good results. I have seen that coco can handle water issues much easier than soil. I have killed with overwatering in soil but have not been able to do that with coco. Not saying it is the best as I have not tried them all but feel good that its a safe way against user error. And of course Welcome aboard!!!

Antics, thanks again on your info at the Faqs side of the forum. I will be adding 1/4 th nutes tonight when I get back from work per your advise. I will update once done! :Namaste:

Well back home from work and first thing is watering these girls with nutes.

Used 2 lt of water and added 2ml micro then 2ml grow then 2ml bloom into the water shaken not stirred each time haha. And gave each plant 1 lt of the solution. Sat back for about 30 minutes and there was no water runoff from the pots so all of it is now in the coco mix. I will monitor them closely for the next few days to see how they react. I also water just about 2 hours before the lights turn off.

Plus I tool a few pictures of the whole setup to share with all. This setup is really primitive so those of you who would like to LMAO go right ahead I do laugh at my self from time to time but its worked great for all my grows so I just stick with it. Any comments are as usual welcome...

This is my grow room (spare bathroom) in general. The only thing that is not visible is the oscillating fan on the right corner behind the wall but thats turned off right now. The 80mm fan in the back is enough for the baby girls :)

room59.JPG

This is the temperature of the room in general. Please disregard the time/date dont care for that much. I use this to get the temp of the room and not the radiant temp under the light. There is another temp/humidity meter on the right wall about mid way between the girls and the light.

temp42.JPG

This is a pritimive way of keeping flying pests dead and away from your home. It is sugar water in a jar with a funnel. Once it starts filling up I will take pictures to share. I have found this very effective to keep fly's dead!!

pests1.JPG

This is what all is connect to. the only thing on the timer is the lamp itself. the rest are the exhaust fan. 2x 15w heating mats, one under each pot. and the one for the fan inside. I am wondering does the exhaust fan need to be on 24/7 of would it be ok to put that on the timer as well??

pwr.JPG

I do not like electronic ballasts because in my experience I have never seen a coil go out but I have seen elec ballasts die. Plus I dont believe its worth the money. This 400w MH and HPS ballast costs roughly 16$ USD in my country so I can buy a set of 400w, 600w, 1000w times 10 for what an electronic one is going to cost me :) The parts that I cut out is the brand and made in country to not give away where I am from. Writing disclaimers as this is not me and this is fictional means zilch in the judicial system here as you are guilty UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT and so on and so forth. But from the rest of the setup ypu can pretty much make that I am in Europe somewhere :)

ballast15.JPG

I never bought chains for adjustment just used what I had handy, thick single core wire. Works like a charm.

adj2.JPG
adj1.JPG

I use tap water to water my grows. Tap water here is pretty darn good ph wise for the needs that I have but even in the summer the tap water is very cold. So not to shock the roots I fill up the containers a day ahead of watering and store them in the grow room so the temp of the water matched the relative temp in the room.

water9.JPG

This is a 150w MH all in one backup that I have. Yes its not worth much as it is only 150w, but its just a backup that I have never had to use. I figure that waiting for defective bulbs to cool before I can change them this light just might come in handy at that 30-40 minute time period.

backup_light.JPG

Well I guess I have bored all of you enough. I will report back on the progress and nute reaction soon. :Namaste:

Plants that size i would suggest 1/4 strength of nutrients....

Ya bulb/reflector looks high it could be hanged a little lower once we factor in the diminishing returns of light over distance !

Ok i'm gonna switch back to nutrients.

Just need grow nutrients at that stage to be honest...

Even tho nutrients are available for very early stage plants but mainly for root growth which contains essential micro nutrients...

I use a product by HESI - root complex as soon as the seed sprouts at 1/4 strength & i'm sure that will shock some people... i get faster root growth & faster growing plants than the normal means !

I wish i had pic's to add, but i'm afraid i have not kept a journal in awhile to show such results ! (perhaps on the next strain grown i'll tell my story)

Take it as a little tip :Namaste:

Fuzzy Duck I have the light at about 24" right now. with the girl being so young I did not want to risk it by lowering them too much since I do not use air cool because I need the heat to keep the room at constant 79-80F or it just drops down to 60-65F. How low would you advise because I have never gotten the hang of the back of the hand thing..

About the nutes, I only use all three because the manual said so :) So should I just keep using the micro for N and not use the rest yet?

I do have a Hesi distributer close by I can actually pick some up there, thanks for the tip!!

Looking good.. and now a friendly/safety suggestion...

Please, please mount the wires up AWAY from the faucet of your sink. If for some reason a short occurs and you happen to touch the wire, or it arcs to the faucet while using it to fill a container, you can be electrocuted (killed), where in an electric shock, you are not grounded, and only feel a slight buzz, or hum.. Touching the pipes, which come from the ground, is exactly where all electricity naturally wants to go.

Always be safe brother!

LOL!!!! Thanks Antics. You know many have seen the setup on this board and locally and you are the first person to point that out. I guess you are genuinely the only person worried more to life than whats going on around it. REP TO YOU BROTHER!!!!!

Giggles aside there actually is no running water in that bathroom :) That's why it never became a bathroom LOL!!! There is a piping problem there and we only found that out after my renovation. The contractor forgot to run water to its pipes (Guess hes on something better than I have ever seen:bravo: ). I never had the heart to demolish it again to fix the pipes and etc.

Thus it became my growroom but really wants to be a WC but I just wont let it anymore (More usefull this way LMAO)....

I am all about someone enjoying life, and enjoying their hobbies. Whether it's auto racing, running, mountain biking, or growing Cannabis. But we all need to enjoy those things safely.

And even if there's no water, just to be safe, and to form safe habits, Move those wires man! It'll take you a few minutes, and could save your life someday.

Always be safe man. Always.

:Namaste:

Well folks just wanted to give an update. No pics this time, will post pics on the weekend.

As you all know I use BioBizz Coco Mix, this mix is supposed to be washed and free of all salts before it is packed. But I do test every bag I get and the PPM is never 0. (Back in the States I use to buy Mother Nature Coco and the PPM was always 0) Well nevertheless I knew that there was something in the coco enough for the plants until it was time to give them nutes.

After much deliberation on another thread, yesterday I lowered the light to 18" and gave the girls nutes.

24 Hours later now and the girls have loved the mix!!!! I was still thinking that giving nutes now would still be premature but on the contrary it has given both girls a great boost. About 10% height and 17% width in one 24 hour period. Please remember these are still only very young plants and small so this growth is great.

Rep's to all that have contributed to this decision :Namaste:

Thanks for the charts Fuzzy Duck.
It is full blown winter here so I have my air cooled hood stored away and I am using an open reflector to keep the temps around 79F in the room. If I use the air cooled hood the temp goes down to mid 60's in the room and I would need heaters. One of the reasons I just could not consider led's.

I have never mastered the back of the hand method for heat and have been over cautious about the subject. My body has a very VERY high tolerance to heat and cold. I can keep my hand about 3 inches away from the 400w mh for as long as I wish and it just feels soooo good :)

In your experience what would you say to be a good distance at a room that only fluctuates between 79-80F with the 400w mh?

18" sounds ok for a plant that size as very young plants may be more heat sensitive in the early stages than a more mature or larger plant.

But would suggest adjusting hanging height every week by 1 or 2 inches whilst in veg as the plant gets bigger to allow for more light energy for the plant to use...

10" to 12" final hanging height should be ok for a 400w MH/HPS in a standard hood/reflector, how ever air cooled hoods can be closer !

I don't use MH myself as i find them very old school !

When cfl, T5 tubes etc of 6400/6500k (kelvin) blue spectrum light can support very good plant growth & health at less wattage than a standard MH for said area coverage.

I prefer professional cfl/T5 bulbs or tubes for growing than domestic stuff... some debate on said wattage used per plant etc but i only use them in veg & germination.

125w giant CFL, blue spectrum either 6400/6500k used in a 60cm by 60cm & can cover a slightly larger area used a hood/reflector.

003726.JPG
005692.JPG
005712.JPG
002847.JPG
001811.JPG
001809.JPG
001829.JPG
005826.JPG
005842.JPG
PICT000944.JPG
PICT000844.JPG

I noticed a question about nutrients !

You suggested that grow/bloom & micro where all be used together ?

Would you mind adding some details about them please aka brand, organic, mineral based & whether they are suitable for coco coir, soil or hydro based systems !

Coco coir has a slight habit with Ca & Mg problems more so with untreated coir & that some nutrients may not be suitable ?

Just an area which needs too be covered before ya get to far a head & suspect problems in the future :peace:

Plus these are autos so I should see signs of pistils in a week or two and I will be switching the MH to a 400w Sunmaster HPS. What would be your distance comment on that? Thanks

You still have a few more weeks yet before those auto's show pistils :peace:

Back
Top Bottom