Blitty's Burkle Bubble Grow

raising the humidity? and dude looking good lol. any problem with mites because of the soil and hydro in the same room?

I don't know about mites, but I raised the lid on the bucket bubble earlier today and multiple mini flies flew out from under there. I have a feeling that's not a good thing. Wtf do you think those things are and how detrimental could they be? :smokin:

If it's gnats, they are irritating. I have some in and out of my grow room, not to many though. It was bad for a few days because there are tons of them outside where I live. I cleaned up outside and sprayed the house, and they are not as much of an issue. I have had gnat issues in my indoor house plants in soil. Pain in the ass to get them out of soil. I used all kinds of things to get my house plants cleaned. I asked about gnats when I first saw them and RPSmoke hooked my up with this info:
From RPSmoke:
"Do you have some neem oil handy? Could make a spray and spray everything down with it.
Use this recipe:

* 5 ml neem oil
* 1-2 ml insecticidal soap or other detergent
* 1 liter warm water

Works great.
AzaMax is another product might be worth looking into."
You need to kill the eggs to be sure they are not in your soil. If they are in the soil, they will BUG you tons!

I am limited on vertical space. Thinking about initiating flowering in the next couple days. Any thoughts?

SAM_0960.JPG

I would start flower soon, but you still may need to yang out those yoyos and move the CFLs higher into the reflector..like Mostlycrazy said..they do take up alot of valuable space..looking quite healthy tho

C5 how do you know its hot? i cant see a thermometer ANYWHERE lol..trippin me out

I would start flower soon, but you still may need to yang out those yoyos and move the CFLs higher into the reflector..like Mostlycrazy said..they do take up alot of valuable space..looking quite healthy tho

C5 how do you know its hot? i cant see a thermometer ANYWHERE lol..trippin me out

Tips of leaves are curling more as the plants height increases. Stems are very purple, but thats not necessarily a sign of heat stress. I have been dealing with heat issues for a while now, so if I dont know something by now, well I shouldn't be growing!..

Blitty, your problem isn't major right now, but man, Im afraid it soon will be. The heat in a hot inclosure has a crucial barrier , and as heat rises and builds, that barrier looses height. As the plant grows in size, it gets ever closer to that heat barrier. You can tell when it hits the barrier, by the fact that it wont seem to grow, or will grow very slow compared to how it did grow before it that barrier. You have time, and it isn't that bad, but there is no doubt that better temps WILL help your grow... Hope there is a cheap, fast fix man!

btw, a good(500cfm) exhaust fan to the room will generally fix any heat issue...

Hey Blitty, I was at our local hydro store the other day asking about your problem. The girl there told me about a product called Go-gnats ( i cant remember for sure so look it up) but you can add this stuff to your res and it will kill any larva or eggs that may be breeding in your tanks/clay pellets. she claims it doesnt harm plants, roots and is compatable to mix in with your nutes. Again im not 100% on this one but its worth looking into. if theyre coming out of the top of the rocks as well, stand sticky traps on their side surrounding the pots. I had this problem with my pepper tree and now i have a dirty sticky trap and havent seen a gnat in weeks. Hope this helps. The garden looks supurb BTW great job

Hey Blitty, I was at our local hydro store the other day asking about your problem. The girl there told me about a product called Go-gnats ( i cant remember for sure so look it up) but you can add this stuff to your res and it will kill any larva or eggs that may be breeding in your tanks/clay pellets. she claims it doesnt harm plants, roots and is compatable to mix in with your nutes. Again im not 100% on this one but its worth looking into. if theyre coming out of the top of the rocks as well, stand sticky traps on their side surrounding the pots. I had this problem with my pepper tree and now i have a dirty sticky trap and havent seen a gnat in weeks. Hope this helps. The garden looks supurb BTW great job

Mike, surprisingly I haven't seen any gnats since that day. I appreciate you asking your hydro store about my problem. If I see any more pesky bugs I will look into getting that product. Thanks brother- :smokin:

looking good man! a little hot though.. stems are pure red?

Tips of leaves are curling more as the plants height increases. Stems are very purple, but thats not necessarily a sign of heat stress. I have been dealing with heat issues for a while now, so if I dont know something by now, well I shouldn't be growing!..

Blitty, your problem isn't major right now, but man, Im afraid it soon will be. The heat in a hot inclosure has a crucial barrier , and as heat rises and builds, that barrier looses height. As the plant grows in size, it gets ever closer to that heat barrier. You can tell when it hits the barrier, by the fact that it wont seem to grow, or will grow very slow compared to how it did grow before it that barrier. You have time, and it isn't that bad, but there is no doubt that better temps WILL help your grow... Hope there is a cheap, fast fix man!

btw, a good(500cfm) exhaust fan to the room will generally fix any heat issue...

Interesting CR5....So red/purple stems are a sign of heat stress?

I dealt with the heat in my last grow and will always expect my temps to be in the mid-eighties, I will admit im a little worried about how warm my reservoirs will get once I throw on the 1000wt hortilux. :popcorn:

I'd do it with the height limit I see. They look to be mature and at that point you can start considering things like height limits. You'll have to figure out some side lighting. That yo-yo, reflector and cfl's underneath sure do take a lot of "head" space.

MC, my plan from the beginning has been to use the CFL's through out the vegetative cycle and the beginning of flowering, and then remove those bulbs from the reflector and blast the plants with solely the 1000wt hortilux until harvest. How does that sound? When do you recommend I make the lighting switch? Maybe after the first week or two of 12/12..?

Sounds excellent if you can handle the heat of the 1000. To me when it;s flower time, it's flower time. I would suggest that you keep them on grow nutes for the first two weeks to limit the leaf drop yo usually get when you go 12/12. I go veg nutes for the first 2 weeks of 12/12 amd step the grow nutes back a little with every res change until I get to the recommended flower level.

Going 12/12 in a snap is sort of like the starting gun for the flower cycle. I think you get faster flowing doing that way also. I also think hydro gives you that flexibility because things can happen fast in hydro. At some point I'm going to try soil. Maybe this summer to see if soil can handle the heat of summer better than hydro. Well that and I just want to learn.

Back
Top Bottom