Blood Pressure

Lemon Paradise

Just an observation, but,, I usually have low blood pressure,, most of the time when I give blood it is very low.
yesterday, I was at the doctors, and when the nurse took my blood pressure, she asked if I was alive..lol because it was so low.

I was telling my wife last night about it, and she says.. "you went to the doctors stoned, didn't you?"

just then is was a ding,ding,ding,ding,ding,ding moment :idea:

90% of the time when I give blood,, I had smoked a little earlier,, and those times I usually had low blood presure..

I do not know if it is coincidence or not,, just thought I'd share, and see if anyone with high blood pressure has noticed any lowering of their blood presure after smoking..

just curious,, was one of those stoned moments... lol

That would be nice I'd be able to stop taking my blood pressure meds ! I remember my dad was giving blood with one of his buddies years ago and when he was done quicker than his friend his friend said " No wonder your done so fast you have high blood pressure , so it comes out faster "!!

That would be nice I'd be able to stop taking my blood pressure meds ! I remember my dad was giving blood with one of his buddies years ago and when he was done quicker than his friend his friend said " No wonder your done so fast you have high blood pressure , so it comes out faster "!!

you would think so,, wouldn;t you? lol

I do not know what is average,, but my last 6 donations,, my BP was 108/70, 110/74, 90/60, 104/66, 108/70, 102/62

and I almost always finish before anyone else that I go with,, it comes out fast..lol

oh, and thanks CocoJoe, one more positive med use for this wonderful plant :)

I been taking meds for hi blood pressure a long time but i never had it
checked when i was hi .Years ago i went cold turkey off some perscription
meds (oxys) went to the doctor my bp was 180 110 they made me lay
down and gave me colonipin before i was able to leave.I know other drugs are a no no here but i would tell anyone stay as far away from doctors who push
pain med.

C&P from Wikipedia
Effects of cannabis

Cannabis has psychoactive and physiological effects when consumed. The minimum amount of THC required to have a perceptible psychoactive effect is about 10 micrograms per kilogram of body weight.[51] Aside from a subjective change in perception and, most notably, mood, the most common short-term physical and neurological effects include increased heart rate, lowered blood pressure, impairment of short-term episodic memory, working memory, psychomotor coordination, and concentration.[52] Long-term effects are less clear.[53][54]

More Here.
Cardiovascular Effects of Cannabis

Lowering Of Blood Pressure Achieved Through Use Of Hashish-Like Drug
Lowering Of Blood Pressure Achieved Through Use Of Hashish-like Drug

And of Course.
Marijuana and high blood pressure

C&P from Wikipedia
Effects of cannabis

Cannabis has psychoactive and physiological effects when consumed. The minimum amount of THC required to have a perceptible psychoactive effect is about 10 micrograms per kilogram of body weight.[51] Aside from a subjective change in perception and, most notably, mood, the most common short-term physical and neurological effects include increased heart rate, lowered blood pressure, impairment of short-term episodic memory, working memory, psychomotor coordination, and concentration.[52] Long-term effects are less clear.[53][54]

More Here.

Lowering Of Blood Pressure Achieved Through Use Of Hashish-Like Drug
Lowering Of Blood Pressure Achieved Through Use Of Hashish-like Drug

And of Course.

:thanks: I will check those links out. great info,, would rep,, but can't ..lol

I inheirited lousy genes re; high blood pressure. When I'm smoking regularly mine falls by about 10-15 points on both numbers,combined with the meds,that gets me in the high normal range. Out of weed I'm running at around 140 over 90-95 with three meds.

My doc doesn't exactly approve of me smoking weed,but seeing the results he doesn't knock it either.

Back
Top Bottom