BLS’s Grow Laboratory

I had a hell of a day... first of all, I got my bathrooms ceiling drywalled this morning... then proceeded to clean the hot tub and area around it, so we can sell it. Met up with the people, and made a deal...

I had a big ass tarp sitting in a bundled mess in my backyard all winter. Finally had some nice weather today, after cleaning the hot tub, so I flattened it out, dried it, and folded it then put it away.

Was beginning to be a good day. Getting lots done, and making progress in the basement.

when we bought the house, we ended up takin on water in the basement. Fixed it, or so I thought. Then last summer when we were in the hospital for the birth of our second daughter. I went home to check on things and to find water in the basement again...

Well, I was certain the problem was fixed. So I started fixing up the basement.

got it to the point where I’m damn near ready to put paint on the walls in the laundry room.

Now let me say, I’m not looking for any pity, or am I trying to cry “poor me” of any kind, or make you guys feel bad for me. I’m just looking to vent. I’m just so damn depleted. Defeated, and beat down.

Two steps forward, and ten steps back.

I went down stairs tonight to check on things, and there’s water in the basement again...
behind walls, in the laundry room, and in the bathroom. As I found a puddle on the bathroom floor coming from behind the wall. The dryer was soaked, and the brand new sheet of drywall behind the dryer that I’ve been fighting with for a while, putting it on the wall, taking it back off to try and get my dryer vent properly done, then put the sheet back on. Well now it’s a soggy wet sheet of drywall.

Im beyond frustrated with this all. Absolutely gutted. :lot-o-toke:
I’m so sad for you.

You know, I think when you get smashed wth one fuck up after another you absolutely need a hug and a poor you and some basic kindness and understanding. Bad stuff happens to good people, and sometimes it just feels like you are drowning in bad luck. That’s not a Pity Party, that’s just needing basic human kindness.

I‘m frustrated and gutted for you too. I’m glad you have a group of merry mischievous misfits like us to catch you when you’re having shit luck and need a friend.

I have to say I’m mighty impressed you had the skills to fix it the first time. Nothing sexier than a handyman whose actually handy :)

I‘m sending you good luck, laugher and positive vibes, and I’m cheering you for your second rebuild!

For you —> :)

I had a hell of a day... first of all, I got my bathrooms ceiling drywalled this morning... then proceeded to clean the hot tub and area around it, so we can sell it. Met up with the people, and made a deal...

I had a big ass tarp sitting in a bundled mess in my backyard all winter. Finally had some nice weather today, after cleaning the hot tub, so I flattened it out, dried it, and folded it then put it away.

Was beginning to be a good day. Getting lots done, and making progress in the basement.

when we bought the house, we ended up takin on water in the basement. Fixed it, or so I thought. Then last summer when we were in the hospital for the birth of our second daughter. I went home to check on things and to find water in the basement again...

Well, I was certain the problem was fixed. So I started fixing up the basement.

got it to the point where I’m damn near ready to put paint on the walls in the laundry room.

Now let me say, I’m not looking for any pity, or am I trying to cry “poor me” of any kind, or make you guys feel bad for me. I’m just looking to vent. I’m just so damn depleted. Defeated, and beat down.

Two steps forward, and ten steps back.

I went down stairs tonight to check on things, and there’s water in the basement again...
behind walls, in the laundry room, and in the bathroom. As I found a puddle on the bathroom floor coming from behind the wall. The dryer was soaked, and the brand new sheet of drywall behind the dryer that I’ve been fighting with for a while, putting it on the wall, taking it back off to try and get my dryer vent properly done, then put the sheet back on. Well now it’s a soggy wet sheet of drywall.

Im beyond frustrated with this all. Absolutely gutted. :lot-o-toke:
Your a good tradesmen and you are from Berta brother you will get there , I know how much it sucks to do dry wall and how long and boring it is by yourself and covid isn't helping ,,,,, but I feel bad for the money and time lossed I hate that shit,,,,,, , but if it makes you feel better I finished my basement and painted (I'm not good at drywall) grandpa was over went into my basement and said "Holy fuck am I on the beach?" Me "what do mean you old bed shitter?" Grandpa "it's wavery then all hell in here!" Off with the paint and now I'm known as the sandman

Your tent is brimming with health and green happiness.

And you hand and wrist houses PERFECT cannulation veins. I wouldn’t even need a strap ;)
Hark at the countess de Dracula. lol I worked in night shelters and hostels with intravenous drug users who would make me shudder with comments about my lower arm veins. lost count of the amount who would prod a big blue looking one that does show out a little and say "I would love that one!! " . would buckle my knees if I let it.lol

Behind in my notifications, but it was feed day for the plant last night. They got about 20 ml of remo nutrients, in the flower side, in about 2.5 gallons of water :cheesygrinsmiley:

this is the feed chart I follow.
4102E302-EC03-4074-9C4B-60EFAA19D81C.jpeg

Here’s the video update.

Videos updates are hard. I find my self speaking slower so that I don’t mess up and have to redo the video.

Have a great day everyone!!
some nice healthy plants in there. Good use of the fluids from the tank.
seems we both had a surprise male this week brother . I will be letting ours grow though.!.
damn shame mate. is there no rescue possible with removal of nads ?.

saw your drywall dilemma post just now. What a nut kick . hope you suss the culprit. We don't build basements in out tiny houses here in the uk because of damp. Have lived in older properties that had them but were always old coal storage or smelly , dank and rotting relics from bad conditions. ground here holds too much moisture I think . can't imagine how down you felt. hope you can nail it soon.

girls are looking top notch though. dragon is an odd little lady. Will make for interesting harvests.,Variety being the spice of life and all that. lol
catching up slowly now brother.

Oh man, I'm just catching up now - I'm not getting notification now for some reason! Water damage and set backs can be frustrating as hell - small comfort in the fact that you know what went wrong. I sure don't blame you for taking a step back. Shift focus for a bit and come back with fresh eyes and mind set.
Take a deep breath, hug the kids and take a break!!! I feel your pain.

Hey brother , sounds like things haven’t been going so smooth for you , I’m real sorry to hear about the basement that’s a never ending battle and unless you excavate around the outside and tackle it from both sides and even then it’s not a sure thing water is a strange beast, as if life wasn’t hard enough for us tradesmen , hope you and the family are doing well brother . Just wanted to stop in say hey :peace:

BLS has been beat down, but He is not beat. He will not be defeated. fight back! Overcome! I will not let this beat me.

thanks for all you’re kind words!! I had to take a bit of a break from everything. Focused on work and my kids. In the mean time, last weekend, my brother came by and fixed my fuck up(lawn service line). He also plumbed in my shower valve. Then the next day, I cut drywall off the wall in two of the worst areas 2 feet high. Pulled out insulation, and threw a fan in those two areas. Left it for a week to really dry out (hopfully) hopefully it’s enough... well, actually, it’s gunna have to be enough.
so after I cut the drywall, I finished putting tapes on the rest of the corners, flats, bevels, and put on the corner beads. This Saturday (tomorrow) I’m going for a tattoo. Then Sunday I’m gunna continue down there... I got the tapes to put on on my bathroom ceiling. Then all I gotta do is the second and third coats and finish the drywall that I cut out.

the plants are doing good.
I will get to all you’re replies, soon!!
please, let’s all be safe, and have a great day!

Don't worry about that stuff - prioritize!!!!! :hmmmm: Yer gonna start lookin' like yer avatar!! :thedoubletake: Take a deep breath....well, ummm, that's all I got......I guess then take another deep breath, yeah maybe keep taking breaths!!!:ciao:

BLS has been beat down, but He is not beat. He will not be defeated. fight back! Overcome! I will not let this beat me.

thanks for all you’re kind words!! I had to take a bit of a break from everything. Focused on work and my kids. In the mean time, last weekend, my brother came by and fixed my fuck up(lawn service line). He also plumbed in my shower valve. Then the next day, I cut drywall off the wall in two of the worst areas 2 feet high. Pulled out insulation, and threw a fan in those two areas. Left it for a week to really dry out (hopfully) hopefully it’s enough... well, actually, it’s gunna have to be enough.
so after I cut the drywall, I finished putting tapes on the rest of the corners, flats, bevels, and put on the corner beads. This Saturday (tomorrow) I’m going for a tattoo. Then Sunday I’m gunna continue down there... I got the tapes to put on on my bathroom ceiling. Then all I gotta do is the second and third coats and finish the drywall that I cut out.

the plants are doing good. I made a video update a while ago but forgot to post it... so I’ll post that one and work on making a new one...
On Tha brink..
Was posted a week ago.
please, let’s all be safe, and have a great day!
I'm so sorry to hear things have gotten so rough for you lately.
I'm sure everything seems overwhelming for you, I'd come give you a hand if I could. We all hope things work out well for you in the end. Take care of your family and we will wait patiently for your return to taking care of your ladies.
Stay safe my friend.

Don't worry about that stuff - prioritize!!!!! :hmmmm: Yer gonna start lookin' like yer avatar!! :thedoubletake: Take a deep breath....well, ummm, that's all I got......I guess then take another deep breath, yeah maybe keep taking breaths!!!:ciao:
Yeah, keep breathing! Good advice!

hey @Backlipslide, there are these little containers of calcium chloride at dollar stores. It might be a good idea to grab a couple and set in your wall before you seal it back up. It will fill with water as it sucks the moisture out area. Probably need like 5-10 or a big container not from the dollar store.

This Saturday (tomorrow) I’m going for a tattoo.
I missed the horror show BLS. I'm just catching up now. I don't know about you but I tend to find myself having tattoos during or shortly after crises lol. Enjoy it. This definitely is worthy of a tattoo. Had you planned for it before everything went down? What are you getting done? I hope it is all plain sailing for you going forward.

I been wanting some fresh ink also. I’m not paying 1000 bucks for a couple hours of work though. I been wait for a junky with some talent to get it the joint, then I will get sprayed up. Or maybe my next number( god forbid) lol. Man it’s crazy how much tattooing goes on in prison! The guys reminded me of prairie dogs, there’s one cop and 120 goons in the block, there will be like 3 guys sitting up on bunk beds keeping a lookout for the cops. It’s funny cuz most the cops don’t care then the other ones will send you to a higher lever security prison if you caught with tattoo stuff. Even a needle! Crazy huh. Lol

Back
Top Bottom