BLS’s Grow Laboratory

Well, let’s see if I can keep up wit my self. I’m in the middle of remodelling my downstairs bathroom. Along with having two young daughters, let’s see if I can keep up with the updates.

little back story, there was a big jacuzzi tub in the bathroom downstairs and we never used it, in the two years of owning the house. So I ripped out the tub, and got the bathroom to the skeleton.

I’m and ISM Lather so, I do frame/insulate/polly/drywall by trade. So I re did the exterior wall and floor joists properly, and to code. Now I’ve got a hole Jack hammered in the floor to move the plumbing stack centre of where the shower will be. Gotta cut my shluter system shower base, and then the curb, and eventually have a tiled stand up shower in place of the jacuzzi tub.
As well as finishing our laundry room that sits right beside the bathroom.
anyways, I’m getting way off topic!

what I’m trying to say, is let’s see if I can keep up with the updates.

So what I’ve got for you, is a new journal, (upon numerous requests).

It will be my forever journal. Not designated towards certain strains, but towards what ever I have going at the time. It will probably be somewhat of a perpetual grow/journal.

What I’ve got going on right now is, four plants. Four strains. Four For our excitement.

I’ve got a Red dragon feminized seed, a Blue Power feminized seed, a Strawberry Banana Grape (SBG) feminized seed, and a (Blu Cheez X Mango) X Blu Water regular seed.

The blu cheez is from our friend @Patient puffer

I’m looking forward to that blu cheez thanks patient puffer! Fingers crossed it’s a female. I had two seeds left after giving the rest to @greenjeans and only one germinated for me.

My germination process for these seeds were no different then my go to, ol’ faithful germination process. I’ve had had pretty good success with this technique and never needed to venture off to anything else.

What I do, is get nuke warm water in a shot glass. Get my seeds from my designated seed storage 3000 bin. You know, for proper storage, it’s very important to have proper storage for you’re seeds!

I take my seed, and drop it in the water, that’s in the shot glass. Put said shot glass in cupboard. Leave for 12 hours, then try tap the seed down till it sinks. You can use almost anything, some like to use the end of a pencil, and tap it down with the eraser. I have read in a different area that it’s recommended to not use you’re finger to tap it down because the oils in your finger counter react with the seed making it non-viable.

I’m here to tell you, that’s not true. I use my finger all the time.

sometimes it takes 3-5 taps to sink. Sometimes it doesn’t. If it doesn’t, then I give it another hour or two.

If it doesn’t sink the chances of them being viable goes down. Don’t give up on them yet.

after 24 hours of being in the shot glass, I move them to a wet paper towel. Now don’t leave it dripping wet. I crumple it up in my hand, then wet it, and wring it till it’s wet but not dripping wet.

lay it flat, then put seed/seeds in PT, fold it twice, then the two end in, and into a sandwich baggy for another 24 hours.

by then the tap root should have started. I gently, with tweezers put the tap root into a peat puck, tap root down, cover it up, and under my small 2 foot T5 light for 24 hours of light till they sprout.

I try put the seed deep enough so the friction of it moving through the medium pulls the seed casing off, but not deep enough that it gets lost and doesn’t find the light.

Now this process doesn’t give you a 100% germ rate, but leaves you with a very high percentage.

I have had good luck with it.

Now for the pictures, here’s what they look like today.

They will live under my T5 until my last harvest is completely out of the tent, and I give it a nice deep cleaning. For now they live in my small 2’ deep, 30” wide, 18” tall (inside to inside) veg box I built.

then they will go into my 4’ wide, 2’ deep, and 6’ 2” tall tent I built, under the nextlight core series.

thanks for reading and here’s to making some good memories with you all!!
cheers!

i appreciate the love and support from each and everyone of you!

Good to have you here west hippie!!

I’m in! I also finger a tap to sink.
Good to have you here CD!!

Found you
Ahh damn! I knew it was a bad day to wear my where’s Waldo outfit!

lol jk it’s good to have you here dusted!

Well. look at you - all growin' in the middle of winter - just like a city slicker!!! :rofl: :thumb:
Should be an adventure!!!!!:morenutes:
Hahaha those damn city slickers making you outdoor growers jealous since the 70’s and going strong!! :laugh: :rofl: :laugh: :rofl:
Good to have you here GJ!!

Tagging along for the "Endless Adventures of Backlip"...no pressure. ;)
Hahahaha “no pressure” :nervous-guy:

good to have you here PP!!

I must confess... I am a poker. And I use my bare fingers to drop popped seeds into the holes in their new homes. Want me to go further? You may not like what you hear... I use my own spit when a membrane or helmet won't come off of newly sprouted seedlings. The enzymes in our spit will help break down the membrane and allows it to be easily removed without damaging the delicate seedling. Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it! LOL

I should say that I stopped poking them now. It turns out that if they are submerged too long, the seeds can actually drown. At least that's what a lot of old timers told me... So I listened. Now I float them till they pop. If they sink before they pop, I place them in wet paper towel in a plastic bag (using my bare fingers!) in a warm spot. Also, I've found that scuffing the seeds up a little before dunking can really help seeds pop faster. The striking strip on matches or 500 grit sandpaper works well for this. Keep it green folks.

I must confess... I am a poker. And I use my bare fingers to drop popped seeds into the holes in their new homes. Want me to go further? You may not like what you hear... I use my own spit when a membrane or helmet won't come off of newly sprouted seedlings. The enzymes in our spit will help break down the membrane and allows it to be easily removed without damaging the delicate seedling. Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it! LOL
Your a monster ! just kidding my friend

Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it! LOL
:volcano-smiley:
That’s some good stuff right there!!

I should say that I stopped poking them now. It turns out that if they are submerged too long, the seeds can actually drown. At least that's what a lot of old timers told me... So I listened. Now I float them till they pop. If they sink before they pop, I place them in wet paper towel in a plastic bag (using my bare fingers!) in a warm spot. Also, I've found that scuffing the seeds up a little before dunking can really help seeds pop faster. The striking strip on matches or 500 grit sandpaper works well for this. Keep it green folks.
Ok stuff! Thanks or sharing bro!

Your a monster ! just kidding my friend
Good to have you here OH!

Awesome! Good to have you here!!

Back
Top Bottom