BLS’s Grow Laboratory

The video was cool, making a short production is a good way to get peoples attention. To bad you couldn't make the start of your journal :thumb:
Thanks bro!
well... it’s only 5 pages in, hahaha people read five pages in all the time! :laughtwo:

Lookin' gooooood!!! :thumb:
Thanks Gj!!!
They’re not looking as good as the plants you will grow of patients genetics... ;)

Video badass bro, have no fucking idea how you did that. :laugh:
Some say, I’m a tad bit tech savvy!! :rofl:
Thanks bro!

Scorsese!!!!:rofl:
Lay off the Harry Potter GJ!! :rofl:;)

I liked the video...especially the last song. Similar but not:
Thanks copper!!
I really dig that song as well! Love the story!

love the song you posted as well! It will be going on my Spotify playlist! :high-five:

WTF r u doing over there?! Haha haha. Spectacular video. How the hell did you do all "that". You're like Woody Allen, without the scandal.
Hahaha too funny!

I’m just doing me, man!!
I don’t know how to stop it!!
:nervous-guy:

That's far better than "a scandal without the woody" !!!!! :rofl:
:rofl:
Hey @Backlipslide things are looking great over here, I’ll pull up a chair for the rest of the show.
Great to have you n420!! Pull up a chair anywhere except for phils chair!!
he stinks!!
(hope there’s no Phil’s in here) lmao!!

The plants should have been fed a couple days ago. Instead I just gave them some plain water. Tonight I transplanted the Red Dragon, and the Blu Cheez. Cleaned them up a little towards the bottoms. Got a cutting from the red dragon from the bottom of the plant, (which ironically was the longest branch). You want atleast two internodes long. Preferably three internodes, with an inch of stem. Cut the third off and leave two internodes left in tact on the cutting for a higher chance of success.

the picture gallery is acting really funny and I can’t seem to add any pictures :hmmmm:

I’ve got too many to add, and I’ll exceed over the ten picture limit if I do it manually.. I’ll try again in a bit.

so I also cleaned up the blu cheez as well towards the bottom. Removed the bottom two internodes, and topped it somewhere above the fifth.

left me with a nice long cutting to clone.

I was able to get some pictures while doing so to give a bit of a tutorial on my method of choice. Many out there, and this is how I do it.

Well... I tried...

Something funny is going on around this 420 magazine website.

not only is my messages blocked and no one wants to answer my questions onto why. I can’t seem to upload photos either.

so I guess I’ll post this the way it is until I start getting some damn answers. Thanks to @Marc Ocean for assisting me. You seem to be the only person that wants to help me or answer any of my questions

not only is my messages blocked and no one wants to answer my questions onto why I can’t seem to upload photos.

so I guess I’ll post this the way it is until I start getting some damn answers. Thanks to @Marc Ocean for assisting me. You seem to be the only person that wants to help me or answer any of my ququestions
Hey man mine does that sometimes as well, it won't let me do anything it won't even let me know when someone else posts on my journal or others I am following, hope you get it figured out, been waiting for you to give an update, :popcorn:

Hey man mine does that sometimes as well, it won't let me do anything it won't even let me know when someone else posts on my journal or others I am following, hope you get it figured out, been waiting for you to give an update, :popcorn:
Yeah I was weird, it ended up being something wrong with the format of the first two photos out of the group or something. I took a screenshot of the photos and deleted the others, and they seemed to have worked now....

yeah idk I’ve got no other explanation for it other then that... :hmmmm:

Still no personal messages but that doesn’t really bother me any...

I just find it funny they haven’t said a single word to me about it...

I noticed the same thing this morning @Backlipslide loading media and trying to attach to thread.

Probably just a small glitch.

Your plants are looking great; GL on the rest of your grown.

Tok..
It was definitely weird... it seems to be working now though bro!

I wanna see the pics now. Hopefully the glitch is sorted by today.
Wait no longer!

well actually, you’ll have to wait till I type it out anyways... :nomo:

Ok, so this update is for yesterday’s update.

The plants should have been fed a couple days ago. Instead I just gave them some plain water. Tonight I transplanted the Red Dragon, and the Blu Cheez. Cleaned them up a little towards the bottoms. Got a cutting from the red dragon from the bottom of the plant, (which ironically was the longest branch). You want atleast two internodes long. Preferably three internodes, with an inch of stem. Cut the third off and leave two internodes left in tact on the cutting for a higher chance of success.

I also cleaned up the blu cheez as well towards the bottom. Removed the bottom two internodes, and topped it somewhere above the fifth.

left me with a nice long cutting to clone.

I was able to get some pictures while doing so to give a bit of a tutorial on my method of choice. Many out there, and this is how I do it.

Those ^ are the red dragon.

Here’s after I cleaned up the bottom section^

^theres a cutting from the red dragon, but I will get back to that.

There’s the Blue cheez mango (I’ll call it for short). ^
topped it above the fifth internode, removed the bottom two. Let her straighten her self out before I start tying branches down.

Next up is the topping of the Blu Cheez mango.

^ I left it plenty big, for easier reference. I didn’t count, but well over five internodes long.

^Clean up the bottom internodes. Leaving two or three internodes. In the picture, is three...

You can see in the picture, it’s a nice clean cut, about 10-20mm above the fifth internode. What I mean by clean, is a straight cut with clean scissors.

^Next step, is I cut the straight cut at the bottom into a 45 degree angle. Cutting the bottom of the stem at a 45 degree angle enlarges the surface area where the callus is formed and where the roots start sprouting.

^Step four is, I take one side of my scissors and scrape the Bottom of the stem where you want in the medium. You notice the internode was cut off, I didn’t mean to, but I went a lil mad on the scrape job, I ended up just removing it. Having the node involved in this is actually what helps you’re success rate. Making the cut through, or just below, the node increases you’re chance for successful rooting, as this is nature’s spot to send out new roots.

The reason why I give the bottom of the stem a light scrape with the scissors, is it helps initiate roots.

^Step 5 is I take the entire clone, and I put it in the webbing of in between my pointer finger and thumb.

^Step 6, is you take you’re other hand, and grab the bottom of the stem, and pull it down. Till this happens^

^Next up, is I take my scissors, and cut the leaves that are sticking out the top of you’re hand. As you can see, my scissors weren’t clean, they’re caked with scissor hash from my last harvest!! Haha

^Step seven, you cut. Snip, she comes off.

^After it’s cut, it should look like this. I ended up removing the bottom fan leaves, and making a bit tighter of a cut up top after.

^Step eight, I leave the part of the stem I want to root, in water for 24 hours. I ended up leaving it in there for 48 hours, but it didn’t change anything. I just left the entire shot glass and cuttings in my humidity dome, under my T5 light.

^After that time that past, just tonight I hydrated two peat pucks,

I tapped some rooting powder into the holes I made my self with a toothpick and stuck cutting into them, then squished the medium tight against the stem.

6FE8AD9E-EE8C-4F52-B8FA-4C07AA693C3E.jpeg

^This is the rooting powder I use, just simple cheap stuff from wal mart.

so after all that, I sprayed water with a spray bottle to the inside of the humidity dome, and put the dome on, with a tight fit. I also turned the light to shine more to the front of my veg box, and slid the dome towards the back of the box. Cuttings while trying to root, don’t like direct light, so putting them off into the back, or the corner of you’re area is fine.

Lastly, I left the light timer to be on, 24 hours a day with zero hours dark for at least a week. Then I will switch to 18 on end 6 off. I like to give them a good healthy night time schedule as a plants night time schedule is just as important as it’s day time schedule.

After 24 hours, I will take the dome off, for about ten minutes. After 48 hours, I will leave the dome off for 20 minutes. After 72 hours leave the dome off for thirty minutes. So on and so forth. After I get to a certain point I may push it longer and longer with the dome off, once you see the cuttings droop, it’s not ready for the dome off end the dome needs to be back on. Once you get the cuttings to stand by them selves for 24 hours without the dome being on. You’re getting damn close to seeing roots out the peat pucks. Keep a close eye for roots, and once you do. Then it’s ready for a transplanting.

For watering the peat pucks, I usually just use a spray bottle and really saturate that bitch! At least for the first week or two. Then I water it with a low stream watering system, following the BLT watering technique.

Make sure you spray the top of the inside of the lid of the humidity dome. Doing so, will really raise the humidity and you won’t have to water them pucks as much, once you start going a few hours with the dome being off, you’ll notice the pucks drying out really fast.. but it’s up to the grower them selves to create a healthy wet/dry cycle.

with this, you should have a really good chance of success.

Also, don’t cheap out with the rooting hormone, I tap a fair amount into the hole.

good luck eveyone! And I look forward to hearing you’re guy’s success or downfall following this method!

good luck!

Back
Top Bottom