Blue berrry garden, only weeks left to harvest

Re: blue berrry garden , only weeks left to harvest

Dj Short is credited with the original Blueberry. He spent nearly a decade refining and isolating what is now called Blueberry. The first version had the unreal taste and aroma of blueberry, close your eyes and there was no telling the it from actual blueberries. The one drawback was limited yields, however he has developed a 2.0 version that addresses the small yields. I have no doubt there are other quality "Blueberry" like strains available, but go with the genuine article if at all possible. Similarly there are knock off "Diesel" strains available, but there are in my opinion "unleaded" and poor substitutes for the original.
Congrats on your grow!

pit: I guess it all depends on your environment too, how long you have vegged, as well as nutes or c02, this will probably have varying effects on the aesthetics. But your leaves look like my bb. Also your pic here looks exactly like my current grow. i am using organic nutes . these pics here i was using GH nutes and had vegged for about 5 weeks. so they were huuge!

Dj Short is credited with the original Blueberry. He spent nearly a decade refining and isolating what is now called Blueberry. The first version had the unreal taste and aroma of blueberry, close your eyes and there was no telling the it from actual blueberries. The one drawback was limited yields, however he has developed a 2.0 version that addresses the small yields. I have no doubt there are other quality "Blueberry" like strains available, but go with the genuine article if at all possible.

Thanks for the "history lesson." I did that 10 years or so ago but couldn't remember the breeder and that bank has since closed. But your description sounds close to mine. Smelled blueberry, blueberry, blueberry, then one day walked in and smelled skunks mating in the blueberry patch (heat/vent issue lol). The taste was wonderful, the affect superb, the yield... wasn't what I had hoped for. Still, wish I'd kept some magic beans.

Tintala, garden is looking AWESOME! I bet it smells great too. All those strings everywhere remind me of the laser defense scene in the Get Smart movie where Max gets pieces carved off of him trying to follow Agent 99 down the hallway lol.

thanks tortured and pit: It appears my yield is diminished this time around, probably because of the shorter veg time as well as switching to organic nutes. I read about the history of DJ short the other day and he had worked very hard at the original blueberry. Mine doesn't give off the strong bluberry smell, but every now and then one can get a whif of blueberry. It starts off smelling like fruit loops to me.

this is blueberry with organic nutes:

organicbb2-1.JPG

organicbb3.JPG

organicbb2-1.JPG

organicbb.JPG

hehe thats funny, also funny that i have been planning to buy ww and bberry seeds first once i get my garden up and going full steam, so of my favs, besides black domina

A new bb garden in comparison to the old one.

bb_005.jpg

2.5 feet? I have sum that have been flowering for about 2 1/2 weeks. They are about 3 feet now. I was wondering how much of a harvest you get out of a 3 to 4 foot plant? Or does it vary depending on the strain? And I have one other question. Whats the purpose of putting the screen over the plants? Ive seen a few people do it, but never knew why

Varies depending on many factors: the strain, amount (and type) of light, type of nutrients and how you feed, grow type (hydro or soil, organic or inorganic/mixed, "natural," LST, FIM, SoG, ScroG, etc.), and many other factors.

A three foot tall plant that is only a single cola will not yield nearly as much as one that is trained well.

The purpose of a screen... Click on the Search link at the top of the page and type "scrog" into it. Placing a screen 10-14 inches above the surface of your "pot" and stopping any growth from getting through it more than an inch or so by continually moving the growth-tips to other holes will cause your plant(s) to branch greatly. As there is no vertical growth above it during veg. and early flower, you can keep the light very close to the screen - which means that all of your growth areas get maximum light. Then, when the screen is mostly full and buds are forming in earnest (hopefully one per hole), you allow them to grow up through the holes and that is the first time that you raise your lights. You end up with a canopy of nice buds growing through the holes in the screen.

There's more to it - do the search for scrog.

Back
Top Bottom