420 Magazine Background

Blue Cheese + Bubba Kush - Hempy - OC+ CFLs - First Time!

twoshoes

Took some more pics of different parts of the BC, I keep going back and forwards as to whether or not these are balls or just calyxs... any experts have an opinion:

bc-day92-00.JPG

bc-day92-01.JPG

bc-day92-02.JPG

I think these are calyxs...

OG13

They are females dude, relax. Yep calyx is the term, some strains get real big ones

twoshoes

35th day of 12/12, 106th day total.

Blue Cheese on the left, Bubba Kush on the right:
box-day106-00.JPG

BC:
bc-day106-02.JPG

bc-day106-03.JPG

BK:
bk-day106-00.JPG

bk-day106-01.JPG

Watered yesterday, in 2L they both got:
10g (1 teaspoon) epsom salts
5mL Canna Boost
2mL PK 13-14
5mL Cannazyme

Will give them an extra water or two this week since they only get 1 week of PK 13-14, and I remember 420 saying something about hempys not minding being kept a bit wet

twoshoes

This is 49 days into 12/12... both plants are meant to be 8-9 week strains, so I should only have a week or two left in this grow :cheer: Looking forward to my next grow, I've got a clone from the BC before she went into flower which I've just taken out of stasis on a 6/6/6/6 light schedule and put into 18/6 and started some LST... I'll be fixing my lights for the next grow so I should hopefully get a better result

Thanks everyone who helped me out on this grow, I've learned heaps and hopefully some other newbies have too :Namaste:

box-day119-00.JPG

bc-day119-00.JPG

bc-day119-01.JPG

bk-day119-00.JPG

bk-day119-01.JPG

bk-day119-03.JPG

twoshoes

You could do that, would make trimming easier later.....

I'm all about making things easier ;) I took a sample
off the BK yesterday, if that seems ok after a bit of time drying ill start taking leaves off

+rep for being the only person still reading this journal ;)

checked the trichs yesterday using a usb microscope, BC had about 5% amber, BK had no amber but I can't get a good enough view to tell if they're clear or opaque, which is why ill try the sample

twoshoes

hey HMG things are going well I think... sorry I've been real slack with updates but there's not much interesting stuff happening ;)

the sample I from the BK was decent, gave a quick and very energetic high but I didn't think it was ready yet. I used the "under the couch" quick dry method from here: 420magazine.com/forums/how-grow-marijuana/71993-how-do-i-quick-dry-my-buds.html but since my cabinet gets to the right temp during lights on I just sat it on a tray on top of the lights for 12 hours, then just near a window while I.was at work, it smoked very nicely :)

I've got a sample from the BC to try tonight, if that for a well I'll harvest this weekend, otherwise it'll be next

BC clone is doing well, growing nicely since I.switched it over to 18/6

ill try and post pics soon, sorry!

HomeMedGrower

Don't worry man post pics when you can. I think I remember reading that flowering can take a little longer with OC+, I'll see if I can find it.

I took my BC down on Sat. I swear it has a blueberry creamcheese pie smell. :yummy: I think I have a little sample dry enough to try tonight.

twoshoes

Ok, here we go... I forgot to get a wet weight before they got hung them up (the gf was hanging them as I trimming them) so I'm not sure how much I've got here... anyone want to make a guess?

For tradition's sake, the BC is on the left, and the couple of branches off to the right are from the BK, pre-trim
crop-day132-00.JPG

Normal BIC lighter against one of the nugs from the BC... it's the one at the top in the middle of the first pic
crop-day132-01.JPG

All hung up. You can see one of my new fans here, providing air movement without blowing on the flowers (hopefully I've done it ok)
crop-day132-02.JPG

I've got all the frosty trim sitting on the bottom of the cab, when it's dry I'll use it for some edibles

Thanks :420: for reading and helping me out! I'll post a new journal once this stuff is out of the cabinet and ready for the curing jars

420GodsTrichome

Nug of the Year: 2011 - Nug of the Month: Aug 2011 - Member of the Month: Nov 2011
Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m reporting this for moving to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Top Bottom