Blue Cheese + Bubba Kush - Hempy - OC+ CFLs - First Time!

not far off my harvest now! top buds looking good lower ones not so! My question is, can I chop off the buds that are ready and leave the smaller ones til they are ripe or should I pick them all at same time?

Hey greekpablo, that's good news! I've read journals here where people have taken the tops that are ready and let the popcorn buds ripen a little more, though I can't think of any links to give you...

You'll probably get better answers by asking your question here: Frequently Asked Questions - 420 Magazine You might like to search that forum first, since someone has probably already asked!

You could also look through the thread titles here to see if someone has already posted something about it: How to Grow Marijuana - 420 Magazine

cheers for getting back. Have looked quite a bit, not alot about. main thought is 'stress' to plant, on the other hand bud thats not ripe..................
How are your girls doing?

No problems man, we're all here to help each other and learn :) I don't think it's very controversial to leave some buds on to ripen after you take the top colas off.

My plants are pretty much the same, I watered last night... the BC got half strength epsom salts (5 grams per liter), the BK got a full strength dose, we'll see what happens.

I'm going to top the BK in the next couple of days, trim off all the lower branches and try my hand at cloning :cheer:

Fingers crossed!!!
Two big problems i've found on these forums. Firstly the amount information that is purely down to rumour and secondly how agresssive some people are with others point of view! On one forum they even managed to piss off a Doctor of Biology when he tried to explain how plants 'work'. What a loss to the community! It then means that every topic opinion is split with no real evidence either way! Its taken me a month just to come to a conclusion on molasses, just making my mind up whether to prune or not and now, from reading, it seems that mabe the final 10 day flush may be rubbish as well!! HOWEVER, it is also nice to see how many decent people out there are willing to spend time helping newbies like me.

Big respect to you all!

ps: Not sure whether to go with BC or WW for my next grow-any thoughts?

hey nice job so far always good to see a fellow newbie put a journal out there. your problems look minor compared to one of my girls. going to take a back seat on this one good luck you seem to have very good support so far. when do you plan to lst them?:bravo:

hey welshlouky, thanks for stopping in! my experience here has been a really good one, though there's always assholes on the internet, but I think this community is one the best I've seen for helpful and friendly people!

don't use my journal when looking at Blue Cheese, I hurt her roots in my first transplant and she still hasn't really recovered... HomeMedGrower has a BC and he's doing a much better job than I am! HMG's Hempy Grow 2011 Blue Cheese - Herijuana Jack 33

I've read that WW can be a tough strain for new growers, but I don't have any experience with it so I can't really comment

hey nice job so far always good to see a fellow newbie put a journal out there. your problems look minor compared to one of my girls. going to take a back seat on this one good luck you seem to have very good support so far. when do you plan to lst them?:bravo:

hey, thanks for stopping in gittergreen :) Yeah, I've been getting some great support from some great growers.

I'm not going to lst anymore, I've got a scrog screen built, I'll be topping one of my plants soon and will get them into the scrog probably by this weekend

ps - looks like the link in your signature is broken... try just coping the url for your journal out of your browser's address bar and putting that in...

thanks i will try that.

Phew, just finished a busy day in the garden. I added some CFLs for additional lighting and heat, trimmed all the lower branches off my girls and took the more promising looking cuttings for clones.

Cabinet now looks like this:
box-day60-00.JPG

There's 96 watts of CFL in there now, but there's capacity for another 96. I'll add another couple of bulbs over the coming days, didn't want to put too much in too quickly

Here's the BC, this is day 60:
bc-day60-00.JPG

bc-day60-01.JPG

And the BK, topped at the same time as all the trimming:
bk-day60-00.JPG

bk-day60-01.JPG

I put together a wick cloner, following Munki's guide: Wick Cloner: simple, cheap and effective

Got 10 cuttings in all, 8 BC and 2 BK. We'll see if any survive! I've got them on a 6/6/6/6 light schedule with one 24w CFL providing indirect light... I'm hoping that if any get established that schedule will keep them from getting too big, since I won't have anywhere to flower them until the ones currently in my cabinet are finished
clones-day1-00.JPG

Thanks for reading!

TS, looking good. It looks as if your BK is making a nice recovery. :cheer: Is there any way you can rotate your cfl's so that they are pointing to the center of the cabinet instead of down at the plants. From my understanding more light comes from the sides of the cfl then the top of it. Hope that makes some sense. lol

TS, looking good. It looks as if your BK is making a nice recovery. :cheer: Is there any way you can rotate your cfl's so that they are pointing to the center of the cabinet instead of down at the plants. From my understanding more light comes from the sides of the cfl then the top of it. Hope that makes some sense. lol

Thanks HMG, I think the BK is coming along, we'll see how she does.

I tried everything I could think of to get the clfs pointing the right way but unless I get rid of their reflectors they block too much light from the LED panel. I think the way they are is ok, they're on a bit of an angle so they're casting light to the other side of the cabinet, and once I've got some scrogy goodness going on in there it'll make more sense I think

The cuttings are all looking wilted, some really bad some just limp. I gave them a good misting, we'll see what happens. I'm not too worried about them really, it's not something I'm counting on working ;)

Bit overdue for the update but what's new hey? ;)

The girls are 71 days above ground, they've just come out of a ~40 hour dark period and are now on 12-12.

BC on the left, BK on the right, under my bodgy scrog screen
box-day71-00.JPG

BK is looking pretty good I think, growth has really slowed up after being topped but theres no signs of the magnesium deficiency in the newer leaves... I'm still feeding with half strength epsom salts though
bk-day71-01.JPG

You can see all the smaller stuff that wasn't getting enough light has taken off after putting the cfls in
bk-day71-00.JPG

Some pistils on the BK and where she was topped
bk-day71-02.JPG

Onto the BC
bc-day71-01.JPG

bc-day71-00.JPG

She's showing some signs of a calcium deficiency I think, though this is only on older growth... thoughts?
bc-day71-03.JPG
bc-day71-04.JPG

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial says the deficiency is mostly on newer growth, so I'm not sure

:Namaste:

These pics are a few days old, 12 days in 12/12, 83 days all up.

Compare this shot to the previous top shot, as always BC on the left, BK on the right:
box-day83-00.JPG

The new growth and bud sites on the BC is huge! I think they're done stretching, at least the BC's top hasn't gone any further under the screen for a few days...

I picked up some Canna Boost to go with the Cannazyme, it's pretty expensive but from what I've read it's well worth it. I'll be getting some PK 13-14 to go along with these two closer to the time to use it
canna-additives.JPG

BC
bc-day83-02.JPG

bc-day83-00.JPG

bc-day83-01.JPG

BK
bk-day83-02.JPG

bk-day83-01.JPG

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom