Blue Cheese Grow 10/26/19

Oldgrower54

420 Member
Good Day:
Starting a Blue Cheese single plant indoor grow. I'll provide notes and observations, and hopefully nip problems early. I left an intro that more in-depth as to my abilities... Here we go.
3'x3'x72' Vivosun grow tent - Viperspectra 600w LED(undimable) 2x clip-on worklights with 100w Sylvania LED - 1.5 gallon humidifier - 3 position fan. ppm testers - pH meters - temp/humidity meters(5). and a partridge in a pear tree.
10 gallon fabric pot - FFHF/composted rabbit poo. Slurry test/distilled H2O(7.1pH/0 ppm) pH 6.8 ppm 611. I've had the pot outside in a day long drizzle, the rain H2O being 6.5pH 4ppm. I'll pull another test when I bring the pot in. I also have HF plant chow but from what I've read isn't needed til week 4/5?
My well water 7.1pH/ 298ppm.
I germed the seed 10/18 it's 2" tall and has 2 sets of leaves. I've been keeping it in a terrarium til the tent acclimated. As of now the temp is 77*/40% humidity. I've lowered the fan speed, maxed the humidifier, and have shunt down the intake/exhaust ports as far as I dare, not wanting to stagnate the air...
Hope I provided enough info. My last 2 grows were a bust. By the time problems manifested themselves, I was in trouble and playing catch up. Critique/advice is very welcome...I'll shoot some pics soon. Happy Trails!!

Thank You. Having problems getting the humidity correct, I have a humidifier running full tilt, a wet towel, and numerous cups of water, but my humidity is running 47% and the temp 80*. I tried shunting the intake/exhaust ports which upped the H, but the temp climbed to 90*. I'm positive this was part of the reason my last 2 grows were mediocre.

Thanks for chiming in. Great Graph, but I'm clueless as how to use it... Told you I was inept.haha.
I'm growing in a basement room, I heat with a wood stove located in the basement also. Its been really rainy here, and I haven't had to light the stove, Once winter sets in(dry) and I have to run the stove, its REALLY gonna get hot-n- dry.
I'm not running an exhaust fan. The farm house is old and the circuit is almost maxed out, and I can only vent into the room as it's underground. I rely on the venturi phenomenon to purge heat. My understanding is that humidity should be 70% or so, mine being stuck where it is, Should I be concerned?

Good morning,OG
If power use is an issue,you could try using some USB fans -you can run 5 or 6 of them
on as much power as one 110v fan.
Just a suggestion- all my fans are usb and they've worked well, although my growspace is a little smaller than yours (2'x2'x44")

Thanks Pennywise... Sounds like you've got loads of experience. I guess I can buy another unit like I have, but the house wiring is ancient and I'm leery about overload. If keep adding equipment,there'll be no room for the plant..HAHA.
seriously.. it's the little gremlins that bust a grow, I've recognized/eliminated most issues with my other failures, but the temp/humidity problem I'm dealing with now has to be settled or I fear another bummer is in the works. Thanks to all for the help and advice..Happy Trails
Gutter, Your set-up looks bitchin!! but don't look to me for guidance... I'll only lead you astray..unwittingly.

Attachments

• 20191027_122259.jpg
    20191027_122259.jpg
    948.7 KB · Views: 110
Starting week 3 of the grow. I transplanted from a 8 tbsp six pack using plain potting soil, to a pint pot using 60% potting soil 40% the FFHF/rabbit poo. I do this to acclimate the plant. I'll most likely transplant again in 2 weeks to a 1/2 gallon pot reversing the current soil mix ratio. I like to see a good root matrix but without crowding.
Installed a Vicks filter free cool mist humidifier, $40.00 @ Walmart. My temp/ humidity has been steady 75*/77%, I removed the Equate humidifier(bogus), as it really did nothing. Not running either an intake or exhaust fan,I've had to toy with the venting, much like trimming sails, lookin ok there.
I slurry tested my 10 gal pot after letting it stand in a 2 day drizzle, it's 6.6pH/707ppm. Dropped 2 point in pH and gained nearly 100ppm. I use a tea strainer to filter the large stuff,& a coffee filter, running it through once.
My lights were 24" off the plant, but looked like the leaves were turning up, so I have it at 30"now.
This brings us up to date... Please, if you see anything I'm missing or screwing up, SING OUT... Thanks

Attachments

• 20191028_202921.jpg
    20191028_202921.jpg
    541.6 KB · Views: 101
  • 20191028_202947.jpg
    20191028_202947.jpg
    639.8 KB · Views: 102
Days 9-16 Had to run wood stove most of week, 81*/60% is where it stabilized. Gonna let plant acclimate to this environment. Installed Vicks cool mist humidifier, tank lasts 24hr @ full on. 18/6 light period
4 nodes - fim'd Thursday
Transplanted to 8" pot, good lateral rooting, Saturday
Watered per Emmie's guide - RO+ 1/3 strength EM1 6.3pH
Put my Hibiscus "Cletus" in tent for companionship

I have year old EM1. I tested per manufacturers instructions (pH,smell) it's ok? even though the pot life says 45-60 days. I was considering making a batch.
Need advice on incorporating cal-mag into my RO watering plan. I've always used hard well water and Epsom salts.
Thats it.. Happy Trails

Back
Top Bottom