Mr Ganja

Yo what's up ma fellow buddha brains:bongrip:

Been smoking weed for about 10 years now(bliss) and over the years the strength has gone down and the price up:helpsmilie: So i decided Fuck It!
I'll grow my Own shit!!!

I started 8 days ago from Barney's Farm Blue Cheese Feminised seeds.(Blue cheese = Big Bud x Blueberry) I used the Paper towel Method

Paper towel method
I placed 2 folded sheets of paper towel inside my small growing enclosure and moistened(not saturated) with tap water(i left the tap water out over night in an open container to let most of the chlorine evaporate). I placed 2 seeds about 3 inches apart and laid another two sheets of folded paper towel on top of the seeds. I moistened the paper towels replaced the enclosure's lid then placed in a dark room with temps about 74 to 79 degrees farenheit for 2 days.
(sorry no pics joined this site recently and was to stone........well u know how it is:cough:

I then placed the new seedlings taproot down-wards into a small rockwool cube(pre-soaked the rock wool cubes in my tap water) and pinched the outside to close the cube over the seed.

2 days later..........

The seeds have sprouted:high-five:

photo_1_19.JPG

****This set-up is done on the cheap until i can make my hydro :goof:****
Temps between 75 - 79
photo_2_22.JPG

They started to look a bit lanky and tall, so upon reading many forums i decided to use a small fan and i slightly bent the stems back and forward to try strengthen the(so they can support some major BUDDAGE)

Here i am using one CFL output 650 lumens, don't think this was strong enough!
photo162.JPG

8th Day of Grow :surf::allgood:

I have introduced another higher lumen light output 1250 lumens to try and accelerate growth. I have also transplanted the seedling into a rock wool slab(which i soaked with my tap water). I have also added 1/4 nutes to the rockwool to stimulate the developing root system

photo_3_17.JPG

Plants are looking good:cheer:(or so i think)

photo_4_12.JPG

My two CFL'S combined output 1900 lumens(Too High??)

photo_6_6.JPG

Any finally my small fan to grow strong stems:

photo_5_10.JPG

I can't buy a humidifier so my humidity ranges between 25% & 35%(heard it cause too many problems with mold and disease), my plants seem to be doing fine but any comments and help is much appreciated!

Let me know what you guy's think :passitleft:

Done....roll anotha jack:hug:

PRAISE :420:

Peace!!!

i dont believe none of you have any tips for a beginner??

Bong:smokebong:..................

Been 10 days or so now and my small babies are about 2-3inches tall with 1 set each of the true leaves and a few cotylons(if thats how its spelt) left.

One seems taller than the other and i have had to support it just incase it bends right over(is perfectly fine but thin, just my paranoia!). Someone told me that it was stretching due to light deficiencey so i put the lights closer and it stop growing upwards somewhat..Leaves are a bright green colour watering my rock wool twice a day with 1/4 nutes.

I have also covered the rockwool so as to prevent mold and disease starting.......
The small fan has been blasting at the stems and they seem to be doing fine:thumb:

Humidity is about 50% in the room with temps about 76 degrees farenheit.

Have u guys any idea when i should start putting these gems under a 400w HPS?

Any tips and idea on how i'm doing or what u think i'm doing wrong would be great as a total NOOB.

CHECK OUT MY GROW JOURNAL

Peace!
photo_1_20.JPG

photo163.JPG

photo_2_23.JPG

photo_3_18.JPG

photo_4_13.JPG

And my cheap ass set-up............
photo_5_11.JPG

Hey bro, Just realized you had a journal up when you posted again over in Introduce Yourself... I also realized you had a few questions. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately :)), I just got into some of my stash that's really kicking my ass... :smokin: Not sure why it's so strong, but I am finding myself almost completely unable to concentrate. :grinjoint: I'll have to stop back later to check it out better. :thumb:

:allgood:

Whats good MR G!!!

Well your off to a good start... I think you need to do a transplant now... are the roots coming out the bottom of the rockwool yet??? and how are you going to be growing these??? I see a flex wing in the last photo... is that the CFL one or the HPS???

Remember with the lights, you want to keep the light right over the seedlings so they don't stretch as one of yours has!!! and make sure that you are using 6500K lights AKA Daylight not the soft light. Also you want to put as much light as possible when in the seedling stage!!! they are all about root growth at this stage!!! also keep your lights on a 18/6 or 24/0 lighting to give those babies as much energy as possible!!!

:peacetwo:

Smoke bong..:bigtoke:

What's up astonr!

There's no roots showing through the rockwool yet and i am gonna hit this wi a hydro setup soonish.....The reflector is for a 400w HPS for some flower power:morenutes:

Quick question!! The edges of one of my plants leaves has burnt slightly or turned a brown colour and the leaf also has a very slight yellow through it. Is this normal or what's the problem? I am currently giving them 1/4 nutes and i just gave them some distilled water to see if its possibly too much nutes. Also the light is only 1 and a half inches away from the plant to stop stretch and i checked with my finger to see if the lights got hot but they dont???

Thanks for the help bro

PRAISE:420:

Peace!!!!

you need to stop with the nutes!!! that the most important thing right now!!! nutes are not recommended til you have the 3rd set of true leaves!!! when you have 5 blades on a leaf!!!

that's weird thought that you have no roots still coming out???

once you have gone into veg mode, you can plug in that HPS!!! it has the blue spectrum in it as well!!! just make sure that you keep the light schedule at 18/6!!!

ya even 1/4 strength nutes while there still on there first set of leaves is way too much. They will be fine in dechlorinated tap water until they show a few sets of leaves. That concentration of nutes this early on is probably what's causing the yellowing and browning. It's called "nute burn" around here!! You're plants will be fine if you take the correct measures to fix it. Good Luck!!

11th Day

Well having a small issue.......................

One of the plants leaves have been slowly turning yellow and burning at the edges so "DEFO NUTE BURN".............what a d**k!!!!:thedoubletake:

I have just flushed the plants with clean water no nutes and am going to see if there's a difference(thanks to some advice:passitleft:). I'll update with pics after 24hrs.

Answers to question:

Yes there are now roots showing at the bottom of the rockwool, but due to financial restraints i have to leave them in this setup just a bit longer than i wanted.

Smell is not an issue at the moment but i plan to get a carbon filter with a 4inch intake inline fan and a 4inch outake inline fan soo no stinky.:bravo:

Any advice gimme!!!:cheer:

Peace!

See pics below:

photo_9_7.JPG

photo_8_7.JPG

photo_7_6.JPG

photo_6_7.JPG

photo_14_4.JPG

photo_13_7.JPG

photo_12_8.JPG

photo_11_7.JPG

And the plants can stand on there own i just support them for my own paranoia lol

Peace!

Whats good Mr. G!!!

Advice:
Smell wont be an issue until you get some more veg going!!! this will only me a slight smell... once you go into flowering (12/12) your smell will start coming out at about week 2 - 3 flower!!! by week 5 you will smell it throughout the house!!!

Congrats on the roots breakthrough!!! glad to hear it!!!

Question:
Do you have a fan blowing on them??? this is very important for the stems to start getting strength to hold its weight when in flower mode!!!

alright bro

Yeah got a small fan blowing on those bitches.

Will put up more pics tommorow

Peace!

Sorry it took me so long to get to your journal. I didn't actually see it til I read your intro. Everyone has pretty much answered your questions. I actually thought it would be too soon to use the hps, my thinking was using it at this point would burn the hell outta your babies. I am not sure when the right time would be to use the hps. I would keep them under the cfls til they got a bit older but that's just me.

I like how you got the straws to hold them up. I use incense sticks to hold mine up. Well, I use to, I didn't really have to use them at the beginning of my current grow. But your babies look good and hopes since you flushed them that will end the nute burn. I will be here with my throne on the sidelines looking in and answering when I can..Happy Growing....

OK PEOPLE OF 420............WE HAVE A PROBLEM!!!!!

Nute burn has taken a hold of one of my plants and its slowly wilting and yellowing, just flushed last nyt.

My question to ALL my fellow 420'ers is how long before i will be able to see a change in my plants appearance ?(go back to being a green little beauty??

Peace!

al get a pic up in a bit bro, stem seems ok and still standing itself so not sure.

only been 1 day since i flushed

Peace!

Hey Ganja, Whats up bro, I was going to add that what aston420 said was crucial,And they are falling over because they need light to reach up to and the fan to give her legs.I had the dryed up brown leaves because I failed to give it nute's on time I almost lost mine,But hey they look real nice man I hope you do well with em, keep me posted "supposedly mine are afghani kush , but only time will tell and im gonna be pist if they arent LOL, Not really. Good luck man!

al get a pic up in a bit bro, stem seems ok and still standing itself so not sure.

only been 1 day since i flushed

Peace!

Awesome, you should be fine. Since youre still in the seedling stage go really easy on the nutes you don't need much early on. A decent ppm/ph meter will prevent things like this from happening in the future. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom