'Blue Collar' Star Ron White Uses Vero Beach Arrest In Comedy Routine

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
It appears comedian Ron White will get the last laugh in regards to his arrest last year in Vero Beach.

White, a stand-up comic and one of the four stars of the "Blue Collar Comedy Tour," uses the incident in which he was charged with possession of marijuana in his Comedy Central special "Ron White: Behavioral Problems." The premier aired at 10 p.m. Sunday and will be repeated several times this week.

During the first 10 minutes of his routine, he says, "I got into a little trouble, did you guys hear anything about that?" After a roar of laughter, he proceeds to talk about the Vero Beach Police Department waiting for him when his plane landed Sept. 10 at the Vero Beach Municipal Airport before two sold-out shows in Fort Pierce.

The skit lasted about 5 minutes. He talked about how police said the drug dog alerted on his plane - even though he didn't see any signal from the dog - and the officers eventually found seven-eighths of a gram of marijuana on him.

"When i have seven-eighths of a gram of marijuana, I consider myself to be out of marijuana," he told the audience, chuckling. "That's no weed."

White proceeded to then joke about how long it took the jail deputy to count the several thousands of dollars in cash he had before booking him in and when he was finally released there was a bunch of kids hold "Free Tater" signs outside the jail.

The California comedian Ron struck a plea deal with the State Attorney's Office, being sentenced to six months probation along with fines and fees and suspension of his driving privileges for two years.

While on probation, White had to pay $1,460 in fines and fees. Also, he is to either serve 200 hours community or pay $10 for each hour - a $2,000 fee his attorney said his client would opt to take.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: tcpalm.com
Copyright: 2009 The E.W. Scripps Co
Website: 'Blue Collar' star Ron White uses Vero Beach arrest in comedy routine : Police : TCPalm

I would consider that out of weed too... lol

I got arrested for less once. A stupid dugout with barely enough to fill the bat!!

Ron white is funny. I only caught the last 15 minutes or so of sunday night. Hopefully I can catch it again this week.

the officers eventually found seven-eighths of a gram of marijuana on him.

The California comedian Ron struck a plea deal with the State Attorney's Office, being sentenced to six months probation along with fines and fees and suspension of his driving privileges for two years.

While on probation, White had to pay $1,460 in fines and fees. Also, he is to either serve 200 hours community or pay $10 for each hour - a $2,000 fee his attorney said his client would opt to take.https://www.tcpalm.com/news/2009/apr/20/blue-collar-star-ron-white-uses-vero-beach-arrest-/

What would he have gotten if he'd just pleaded guilty to having the joint's worth of MJ? $100 fine and court costs?

Back
Top Bottom