Blue Cookies Late Flower Herm?

Ed Brown

So I'm on week 9 of flowering some Blue Cookies. I think every single plant hermed on me. Please tell me I'm stoned and these are not nanners....

IMG_5862.JPG
IMG_5880.JPG
IMG_5882_LI.jpg

Nanners. Sorry bro. I let a hermie go thinking I could mitigate it and chop her boners, but it didn't take real well, prego'd 3/4 of the room easy. I might be tempted to turn off the fan and yank 'em real gentle. It's late, that might save you...how long you got on those a couple weeks?

I think every plant is hermie though. The last pic is the only formed nanners I found. Does the first 2 pics look like forming nanners too? Three separate plants there. I was thinking 2 weeks left personally. Not much if any amber in the trichs. Maybe 20% cloudy.

I only see them in the last one. I imagine if you start pushing the lower buds around or onther stalks you'll find more. Usually at the base when it's full bore. Yours might be "mini-herm", I dunno. Up to you to pull or not, but if you only 2 weeks maybe not that much to worry? I don't know how fast seeds form. I just know I have a SHIT TON of them now, pardon my french!

NP, I wanted seeds, I got them in spades! It's all good but I was surprised by the propogation. I'd be curious to find out how fast seeds might form lets get a smart guy up in here @George from The Vault can you tell us how long elbrandone has till his nanners and milkshakes make potatoes?

Yeah only saw them on the last pic - look way down low inside close to the main stem those little nugs down there. I grow a lot of cookies variants. Nanners are part of the game and how so many variants are out there.

It's a trait passed on from one of the parents, one of them is an un-named Durban Poison landrace. Durban will nanner after 90 days in flower with a sneeze too close to the tree. So that trait is in the cookies strains. Keeping everything dialed in the room is key.

If they are full on ball sacks you should isolate and spray them down with an IPM or water keep the pollen to a minimum. Usually the pollen is sterile but not always.

You wont get a lot of seed. The crosses you get may be worthy as well. So there's always that! lol

You’re so far in... I’d let them roll.
I honestly wasn’t aware nanners could produce pollen.

They can but not common. I've had nanners early in flower down low the plant actually grew them first then a flower grew around the nanner producing a few seeds in that flower sometimes only 1 or 2.

The nanners in the flowers I usually chop the plant as I dont want to worry about them changing terpine profile or whatever.

I agree with you tho... stay the course its a little too early for harvest. I'd pick them off with tweezers if only a few or spray with water. Water is the bain of pollen.

Yeah only saw them on the last pic - look way down low inside close to the main stem those little nugs down there. I grow a lot of cookies variants. Nanners are part of the game and how so many variants are out there.

It's a trait passed on from one of the parents, one of them is an un-named Durban Poison landrace. Durban will nanner after 90 days in flower with a sneeze too close to the tree. So that trait is in the cookies strains. Keeping everything dialed in the room is key.

If they are full on ball sacks you should isolate and spray them down with an IPM or water keep the pollen to a minimum. Usually the pollen is sterile but not always.

You wont get a lot of seed. The crosses you get may be worthy as well. So there's always that! lol

@bobrown14 glad to see you in my thread! Always love your immense knowledge. I've been flowering since Feb 8th, so about 62 days or so. I only have a few nanners on 2 of the 6. What has concerned me are in my first 2 pictures. There are a lot of new white "pistol" growth that is coming out in semi circles, is this pre-nanner formation? I feel like my bud growth has slowed too. Last night I cut a bunch of leaves off planning to harvest tonight. I hope I didnt cut too many, I really want to go 2 more weeks. My plan was to reduce to water w/ small dose of cal mag next week, and then only water the following week. I wanted to do 48-56 hours of darkness and cut the bottom of the stock pre-harvest to test the effects on bud swell and trich production. You

Thanks @Pbass @AdaminCO and @bobrown14! You guys have convinced me. I'm rolling through the end. I've been using tweezers to pull the nanners last night.

The odd thing is, below the scrog canopy, I dont see any nanners, its only on a few top colas.

hahaha. Good point! :ganjamon:

Even though I stripped below the canopy, small flowers grew back anyways. I plucked a few for a taste test recently. I did take a few night shots with flash about a week before I saw the nanners. I'm thinking this may have been the cause...

IMG_5877.JPG

Back
Top Bottom